Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(84 Posts)
12Michael Fri 27-Nov-20 06:13:00

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but its dry and cold outside , if forecast is right , expecting to see fog when its lighter here in Brackley .
Today , will catch bus up to the new Sainsburys in the town later and do my shop.
With theses new levels in 2 when it happens , being on a beer related email group , reports as to pubs being only able to meals with a drink , taking away the social leisure of just going for a drink , it will sales as well .
Take Care ,
Mick

Mapleleaf Fri 27-Nov-20 22:23:45

So sorry to read your sad news about your brother, Beauregard ?

CherryCezzy Fri 27-Nov-20 17:18:48

So am I Grandmafrench ?

LauraNorder Fri 27-Nov-20 16:47:07

Oh silly me grandmabatty, I had to look it up and see it’s in Scotland, so not so many rays. Where on earth was I thinking of, goodness knows, had Brittany in my daft head.

Marydoll Fri 27-Nov-20 16:23:58

I watched too!. DH has previously backed your horse, Beau.

Jaxjacky Fri 27-Nov-20 14:25:40

Beauregard I watched! Next time....

Beauregard Fri 27-Nov-20 14:20:17

Juno a bit disappointing wasn't it. He seems to only do well every other race, so next time.......

Good to hear from a fellow owner though.

Beauregard Fri 27-Nov-20 14:16:29

Thank you so much for all the kind thoughts, words and flowers sent to me today after the news about my brother. I really appreciate it.

Ellan sorry to hear of your family troubles. I hope things will be better soon.

Safe journey home Urms

Jaxjacky he came third!! ?

Juno56 Fri 27-Nov-20 13:57:23

Not his day?

Taichinan Fri 27-Nov-20 13:48:08

Pitcity isn't Robotvac-watching a marvellous occupation! I am a new owner (early Chrissie from my Boys) and I'm so in love with the little pet, named Robbie of course. I changed his nappy for the first time to day - oh the joys!

Juno56 Fri 27-Nov-20 13:46:37

Hello Beauregard. I own the other eartip of Getaway Trumpsmile. Just about to watch him. I hope he can repeat his last result?

Grandmabatty Fri 27-Nov-20 13:46:30

Lauranorder ??? it's a bit incongruous to see Polmont alongside Malta, Spain and France! You did make me laugh!

Beauregard Fri 27-Nov-20 13:31:38

Jaxjacky

Beauregard what’s the name of ‘your’ horse and I assume Newbury? ??

Jaxjacky Getaway Trump in the 1.50 at Newbury. He's the outsider of three but not without a chance of he has a good day!

Jaxjacky Fri 27-Nov-20 13:05:40

Beauregard what’s the name of ‘your’ horse and I assume Newbury? ??

LauraNorder Fri 27-Nov-20 12:07:36

Good morning Mick and all from dry and misty Anglesey.
flowers for you Beauregard sad news.
flowers for you EllanV, wish I could send real ones to you, how awful for your poor granddaughter and of course all of you. Alcoholism is a dreadful thing for the whole family and I think you are right to involve the authorities so that she can be helped.
Your sewing skills are exactly what’s needed for your granddaughter grandMattie, I imagine she’d feel very glamorous in sparkly pants.
A trip to the dump sounds like a real treat GrandmaFrench, we take our social occasions where we can get them these days. Builders turned up yesterday and did the final gable end so seeing the light, literally, thanks for asking.
You have seemed a bit up and down lately Dragonfly, Leicester has gone through a tough time, one of my sons is head of services in one of the boroughs and actually went out on the bins himself last week as three of the men tested positive and so nine others had to isolate. Hope that knowing that there are so many behind the scenes keeping everything going helps you to feel that we will all get through this, not long now before springtime and the vaccine will haul us out to better days.
You too GrannyGravy seem in need of a boost, hang on in there, better days on the horizon.
Bon voyage Urms, I will miss the bit of Spanish sunshine you share each morning but at least we have a ray or two from Polmont, Malta and south of France.
Wishing everyone a good day.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 27-Nov-20 11:55:18

Oooh! I frequently wish I could have an 'empty' Instead DH keeps reminding me of what's on TV, or how to do something on his emails.
Beauregard so sorry about your brother, very distressing.
EV. what a worry with your DGD, hope she gets the help she so needs.
grandmattie You've made a great job of pants for your DGD, I would have suggested Velcro, but I see it's a no go.
Urm Safe Journey. Hope you wont find it too cold here.

Mapleleaf Fri 27-Nov-20 11:52:12

Good morning all,
A lovely bright day today. Chilly but ok if wrapped up.
Been to supermarket shopping that's out of the way now.
Going to put a stew in the slow pot then come back and read all the posts.
Take care everyone ?

Grandmafrench Fri 27-Nov-20 11:48:56

Mattie’s knickers are certainly getting a good airing today....there you go, ?grannyowl we’re all tempted by a chance for ‘dodgy’ comments this morning!

8 stitches, Cherry ? So pleased you insisted on the A&E visit.
Taichinan how lovely that you get on well with Robbie. Maybe important if he is to assume responsibility for lots of dreary housework. It wasn’t you, was it, who coined the phrase on here Housework won’t kill you...but why take that chance? Love it. ? A good friend here has a ‘Robbie’ but he does her pool. He trundles up and down in the bottom of the pool, but it’s quite spooky to suddenly spot a robot climbing up a pool wall and appearing above the water. Hers she calls Robocop! A slightly sinister name for a sinister little chap!

Grandmadougal Fri 27-Nov-20 11:27:29

Good morning from a sunny but very cold Norfolk. Woke to thick fog but hey presto gone within an hour.

grandmattie love the knickers, you are very clever.

urmstongran hope your flight is okay, I always think it’s lovely to be away but lovely to come home too.

We had long conversations with AC about Christmas yesterday, all very cautious about being allowed to see each other, long and short is we will bubble our three families but in shifts, everyone felt more comfortable with that, we all see each other but safely. I can see families getting very stressed about it all sadly.

Off now to get some petrol now car has defrosted and a bit of a run out to give the car a boost.

Hope everyone has a good day.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 27-Nov-20 11:02:45

Good Morning all from chilly, dry Harrogate.
Haven't read the posts yet but will get round to it.
Just saw on TV John Torode making a Whisky Saw??? The subtitles could be part of a comedy show. Have been filling my hungry dishwasher with salt and rinse aid. It's always looking for salt and we are supposed to be in a soft water area. My shop from Morrisons arrived yesterday. I'm afraid I'm not impressed and told the driver so - when they didn't have the middles sized cream, they sent the large one and charged for it, the same with blueberries. The excess is just wasted.
Anyway next week I'm trying Sainsburys!!!
We are in tier 2 which is what I expected, though Harrogate itself doesn't seem too bad.

Look after yourselves, folks. Hope everyone is a bit better.

gillgran Fri 27-Nov-20 10:58:49

Good Morning to you all from a chilly, bright Cambs., ( we were forecast mist/fog for today, but no).

I was going to start writing my Christmas cards, (thought I would do them earlier this year, during lockdown), but we've been trying to do address labels without success so far.!
In the time we've been faffing about, we could have hand written both envelopes & cards!!
I don't usually start Christmas preparations until December, so it looks like this year will be the same.

Beauregard, sympathy for you, sad to lose a sibling.

Marydoll, "pace yourself" is a good saying, ( so is "practice what you preach"!! )
Take care, try not to overdo it.

Urmstongran, safe journey home.

EllanVannin, I'm so sorry for your troubles in your family.

Sometimes it just seems like one thing after another doesn't it? especially during these trying times.

Warm, good wishes to you all, flowers

Taichinan Fri 27-Nov-20 10:50:00

Good morning from a bright but cold Angus coast where I've just switched the heating back on ?

Ellan what can I say. It's so so sad. It takes such a long time to work through grief when you're so young and obviously it has just been too much for your GD poor girl. It's a real Catch 22 situation - she has turned to alcohol for comfort and escape because she has lost so much, but she can't get her children back if she does that. You're right - the authorities do need to know so that she can get the right help to go with the love and support she is given by her wonderful family. You're a strong and amazing lady Ellan, but take care of yourself too ?

This is a sad time for you Beau so ? for you too.

On a brighter note, well done to you Elizabeth - your hard work and determination are paying off. I hope your DH enjoys his drive to ST Andrews - a lovely day for it.

I have no special plans for today except to tidy my bedroom! I'm not a great lover of household chores, so the bedroom (which nobody else but me sees) gets very neglected in favour of a spic and span living space downstairs. But I can't let Robbie the Robotvac loose up there til I tidy - which gives me the incentive I need! So sleeves rolled up and off I go. Wish me luck - I may be some time ...... ??

Beechnut Fri 27-Nov-20 10:46:43

I’m sorry to read your sad news Beauregard?

GrannyOwl5 Fri 27-Nov-20 10:44:01

Good morning everyone from north Kent where we are all in tier three. My area is sandwiched between two hotspots, so it was entirely expected. Won’t make a great deal of difference to us as we continue to be careful whatever the tier - have no intention of being carried off by this virus!

Condolences Beauregard ?. Love your knickers GMattie - not a sentence I thought I would ever be writing! No tears or recriminations Ellan you have been the glue for your little family; as Grandmafrench says involve all the outside help that’s available. Safe journey Urms will miss the Spanish weather forecasts and reports of sun laden activities like lolling about on sun loungers! Marydoll no wandering about clutching bottles of beer; not a good look! Please follow Urms’ example and loll about!

I am in the process of re-arranging the lounge; feel like a change and have a new place for the Christmas tree which goes up next week. The cats are usually highly indignant when I do this as they become confused as to where their favourite seat has been whisked to.

Hope those ill or worried have a better day. Have a good Friday. Stay safe

CherryCezzy Fri 27-Nov-20 10:26:33

Good morning everyone. Clear morning in the Gower but a chilly 2°.

Condolences Beauregard ?

I did sleep well thanks *Lins and yes I'm feeling okay
today Nortsat. My WP is much more comfortable after his 8 stitches put in his hand yesterday, thank you Susan and Grandmafrench.

Have a reasonable Friday everyone.

Urmstongran Fri 27-Nov-20 10:24:58

Glad we haven’t lost you lbc!
?