Gransnet forums

Chat

We know what you dont like

(70 Posts)
paddyanne Sun 29-Nov-20 13:19:09

Will you tell me what CD is currently on your player or the last one you listened to?
I've got Rufus Wainright's Unfollow the Rules ,its not been off all day .

maydonoz Mon 30-Nov-20 14:12:12

A selection of Irish ballads and traditional music that my DGD asks for when she's with us, she likes to listen to violin music especially and we dance about to it, she's just three and a few months!
She was with us last Friday for teachers' inset day.

Curlywhirly Mon 30-Nov-20 11:26:08

Currently listening to 'Half as Good as You' from Tom Odell's Jubilee Road CD, his voice is amazing.

Cherrytree59 Sun 29-Nov-20 23:39:25

Thanks for the reminder Nankate ?one that both DH enjoy together, not just for the car.

Late night Paolo dance Paddyann with your DH sounds lovely.??
Sadly my DH is not Paolo fan.?
he can wash my clothes anytimeblush

NanKate Sun 29-Nov-20 23:25:55

I am an Alexa girl and listen to the late Ali Farka Toure an African singer and musician, his music is quite hypnotic. The two albums are Talking Timbuktu and The River album. He played sometimes with Ry Cooder.

misty34 Sun 29-Nov-20 22:45:30

Bryan Ferry currently in my ears [I use headphones so other half can watch TV]

welbeck Sun 29-Nov-20 22:38:33

i like angel vintage, based in havant hants, plays lots of oldies, by delightful amateurs.

welbeck Sun 29-Nov-20 22:37:08

seacliff

I prefer listening to radio. Elite Radio an Irish station, plays a good mix of country.

I found it on a fantastic site called Radio Garden, where you see the globe spinning round. You can stop anywhere in the world and listen to their local stations. Interesting, can waste a lot of time on it. radio.garden/visit/woodbridge/CnfVyhYZ

I

thanks for this.
i heard it mentioned on the radio the other night, and meant to look it up, but forgot, as usual.
it was someone far away overseas ringing in to bbc/ lbc, when the presenter asked how they heard of them, they said it was a lucky dip into radio garden.

TwiceAsNice Sun 29-Nov-20 22:22:48

Aled Jones I love his voice. Also just started putting on the Christmas CD’s

Callistemon Sun 29-Nov-20 21:16:54

Anannymous

Ralph McTell “Somewhere down the Road”

Oh, I do like Ralph McTell

Callistemon Sun 29-Nov-20 21:15:14

dragonfly46

Silence - utter peace!

Me too!

LadyHonoriaDedlock Sun 29-Nov-20 21:07:46

I don't have any CDs any more. I'm listening to Gustav Mahler's 3rd symphony on Spotify. Does that make me hoity-toity? I could put on some Annie Lennox if you prefer! grin

Grandma70s Sun 29-Nov-20 21:06:50

It just looked so pretentious

No, it doesn’t. What on earth is pretentious about Beethoven?

Onthenaughtystep1 Sun 29-Nov-20 21:05:20

I’m with Shysal, Lewis Capaldi. When he covers other singer’s songs he takes them to a completely higher level.

paddyanne Sun 29-Nov-20 20:52:38

We watched that on Friday night ,it was really good,we watched the Proclaimers interview with David Tennent after it and thats worth a watch left us smiling.Marydoll there was a gerry Rafferty music festival in Paisley a few years ago we saw some great singers in Paisley Abbey ,a lovely venue

Marydoll Sun 29-Nov-20 19:33:35

I knew Joe Egan from Steelers Wheel's two brothers. One was at school with me and I used to serve drink to the other brother.
A piece of useless info!

Bellanonna Sun 29-Nov-20 19:31:09

In the car listened to Queen today. Last CD at home seems to have been Mozart’s Requiem.

fevertree Sun 29-Nov-20 19:30:42

We are watching a fabulous documentary on Gerry Rafferty - full of his music. I never knew Billy Connolly was in a band with him.

V3ra Sun 29-Nov-20 19:25:08

Sadly the last actual CD I listened to was the children's story book "Shark in the Park!"
My own CDs are still packed after a house move three years ago.
To listen to music I ask my Google Nest, and often choose Stevie Wonder.

paddyanne Sun 29-Nov-20 19:18:45

Monica never apologise for music you like ,as we saw before everyone has differing tastes .Mine changes day to day .

paddyanne Sun 29-Nov-20 19:17:22

Cherrytree59 I love Paolo late at night with the lights off and a nice glass of red..and maybe a wee dance around the room with the OH .Nice way to end a day .

M0nica Sun 29-Nov-20 19:14:46

Grandma70s, it just looked so pretentious.

Greyduster Sun 29-Nov-20 19:14:19

Freddie Kempf playing Bach’s Goldberg Variations.

Cherrytree59 Sun 29-Nov-20 19:12:42

Sorry Paolo

Cherrytree59 Sun 29-Nov-20 19:11:29

Alexa at home .
As DH also at home atm usually play what we agree on so..
Bread, Neil Diamond, Simon and Garfunkel etc.

But when the in the car then...
Runrig , Palo Nutini, James Bay, coldplay etc.

Anniebach Sun 29-Nov-20 19:09:52

Fats Domino