Gransnet forums

Chat

I now feel really good

(6 Posts)
Tweedle24 Sun 29-Nov-20 18:50:55

Chatting to my daughter on the phone, I mentioned that I was finding it difficult to concentrate for long on anything — something I had just put down to the trials of 2020,
She told me it was not the onset of dementia if that is what I am worrying about. I wasn’t but I am now ?

Bellanonna Sun 29-Nov-20 19:07:34

Tweedle,if it’s any consolation I have had concentration problems since March. I don’t believe it to be related to dementia. Just to the time we’re going through.

Tweedle24 Sun 29-Nov-20 19:13:13

Exactly! I don’t really think it is dementia but, I was amused at my daughter thinking she needed to reassure me.

farview Sun 29-Nov-20 21:14:34

Thank goodness...my concentration has gone up in smoke..as has motivation etc..also have to remind myself to smile or look like a grumpy old git permanently....am usually pretty much glass half full...lately cant even find the flipping glass!!..
..seriously..have been feeling scared...so unlike the normal me...so is it dementia?...its so reassuring to come on GN and realise lots of us are feeling the same ?

vampirequeen Mon 30-Nov-20 18:53:41

I started to suffer confusion during my first pregnancy. My GP said it was my age. It didn't go away and got worse when I fell pregnant again. The GP said it was my age. Middle age and menopause arrived and it got worse. Guess what it was my age. Now I'm post menopausal (so the say haha) can guess what....my confusion is due to my age grin

BlueBelle Mon 30-Nov-20 20:10:58

My concentration is poor (not lockdown) my saving grace when I talk to my friends of similar age they say the same things I found my mind is always on the go thinking of whatever is worrying, annoying or topmost in my mind so that I m missing all the other things also some things you’ve done so many times you’re on auto pilot doing them and then I can’t remember if I’ve done them or not because I ve done them without thinking about it