Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(99 Posts)
12Michael Fri 04-Dec-20 06:11:37

Good Morning Everyone ,
Its dark, and its dry at the moment here in Brackley this morning.
Today , pick up wreathes for family graves , do a shop undecided which supermarket to use .
Did bus to Bicester yesterday , did my usual cafe stop with snack , was tempted to get my haircut as well , as men's hairdressers had nobody in there.
Take Care ,
Mick

gillgran Fri 04-Dec-20 16:32:33

Belated welcome to Gillyanne, from my part of the same county in UK.!!

LauraNorder Fri 04-Dec-20 16:14:00

We've had our fair share this past few months, my feet are becoming webbed.

Pantglas2 Fri 04-Dec-20 16:05:49

You lucky devil LauraNorder ? we’re sopping wet across the Straits!

LauraNorder Fri 04-Dec-20 16:01:45

No rain on our side of Anglesey, must have missed us, weather from the north today I think Pantglas.
Will always warn you when it's from the west and hope you'll return the favour when we get the odd easterly.

Urmstongran Fri 04-Dec-20 15:58:50

Wondered where you were missus!
?

Pantglas2 Fri 04-Dec-20 15:53:43

Well how late am I! Popped out early this morning to fetch a few bits and pieces and got waylaid by ‘events’ - like DD insisting I pop in to wish SIL a speedy recovery from his minor op!

Wanted to wish Grammaretto an especially good day for her DH send off and say welcome back to Grandmafrench ?.

Those sausage rolls looked good enough to eat although one wouldn’t have been enough for a proper taste test.....better make another batch BlueSapphire!

Another gorgeous tree Sar to add to our competition and those baubles in a vase are a good idea Ashcombe- I’ll be copying that one!

Welcome to Ormond and Gillyanne this is the bestest thread on GN - we all read and comment where we can with helpful tips etc. Like how much rain LauraNorder has sent across from Anglesey today.....?

Marydoll Fri 04-Dec-20 14:48:23

Borrheid, it's still red, but lighter. It has the odd white streak which look like blonde highlights. My colleagues used to think I spent a fortune at the hairdressers, but like you I I have never dyed it.

Borrheid55 Fri 04-Dec-20 14:21:29

Marydoll is your hair the beautiful red it used to be? I’m now very pale red. The grey hairs aren’t very obvious just reddish blonde. I have never dyed my hair, I always liked the colour I was!
Glad to hear you are going to talk to DGD - I have three GS I have never met. I know how it feels when you can’t talk to family. {{{hugs}}}

Marydoll Fri 04-Dec-20 14:13:24

Urmston is only joking. ? Gillyanne. Welcome!

Urmstongran Fri 04-Dec-20 14:11:06

You are very welcome Gillyanne it’s always lovely to welcome newbies ?

You did forget just to let us know the value of your ?
?

Gillyanne Fri 04-Dec-20 13:34:36

Good afternoon from a very snowy North Cambridgeshire.

What a joy this thread is , I read it avidly everyday and feel like you are all my friends , I hope you don't mind me joining in .

Taichinan Fri 04-Dec-20 13:24:40

Have just "attended" DD's FiL's funeral via video link. It was an excellent picture and DD and DGD3 spoke very well. It was a very hard day for DD and her two daughters as it's only four years since they laid their husband/daddy to rest. I hope Grammaretto's funeral also goes well in spite of the snow. (A cousin has just posted a photo of thick snow around him in the Scottish borders.) Welcome Ormond - you can join all of us in the 'downs' as there seem to be a few of us battling through at the moment. I think it's the feeling of loneliness at this time of year, together with too many short grey days and long nights without sleeping. I have decided to keep the heating on during the night tonight and then if I can't sleep I shall get up and enjoy it! Thinking so much of you, Grandmafrench, as it's not like you to be low. Marydoll you never fail to raise a chuckle! Join the band of 'normal' non-techy people for whom not flicking the on switch is a usual occurrence. Lots of love everybody ??

Annaram1 Fri 04-Dec-20 12:17:08

Hi all, and many good wishes to all with sickness, ill health and worries, I hope you will find things improve constantly.

I had a mouse visit me again last night, at 3.15 am. I heard the humane trap go off. I got up as you are not supposed to let them stay in the trap too long as they suffocate... I put the trap into a plastic bag, got my coat and shoes on, and set off by car to find a suitable place to release it. It was only 4 degrees outside. I came home feeling very guilty, thinking about the poor little mouse having been so happy to find a piece of chocolate biscuit and then being trapped and put out a long way from home.... I don't know if these humane traps are really humane at all.
This morning my daughter phoned. Apparently her daughter who lives with her has been invited to her boyfriend's home for Christmas. My daughter is thinking of coming here. I usually go to my son's for Christmas but he is going up to Manchester as my daughter in law's elderly father (81) has just been released from hospital having survived covid. So I may be alone at Christmas. I am not concerned about that, I will just watch TV all day and treat myself to some goodies.

Urmstongran Fri 04-Dec-20 12:06:42

Good morning (just) from South Manchester where it’s dry and mild (I think). I’m late because (a) daughter in Yorkshire has found car spectacularly failed it’s MOT this morning & been advised to scrap it as too much work on an old car (has anyone got a spare or money for a replacement?) and (b) I’ve just had a late shower and put on clean pj’s whilst worrying how we can help said daughter.

She said ‘oh mum, some days we are the pigeon and others, the statue. Today I’m the statue’.

Will read all your posts now. 9 times out of 10 if you have a problem and can throw money at it = no problem. When finances are tight it’s a different matter.

Hope Friday is good to us all. Keep safe everyone that’s the main thing. x

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 04-Dec-20 12:06:11

Marydoll don't get too excited about Morrisons. So far when I've been given substitutes, i.e. large punnet of blueberries instead of a small one - I've been charged for the larger pack though we couldn't use them. We've had milk with short sell by date - so check everything

LauraNorder Fri 04-Dec-20 12:06:10

oops, morning has slipped away, just came back to admire the photo's and ask Sars if she is going to do a bit of pole dancing by the tree?

Namsnanny Fri 04-Dec-20 12:01:03

Good morni g (just about!) All.
Keeping some in my thoughtsflowers
Enjoy what today brings.

farview Fri 04-Dec-20 11:56:51

Welcome to you Ormond56...whenever you feel overwhelmed with anything..this is the place to be ..GM thread ?

GrannyOwl5 Fri 04-Dec-20 11:54:52

Welcome Ormond56 to this lovely thread of Mick’s. Feel free to post on here; we are good listeners and supportive of each other. It makes a good start to the day to read everyone’s daily doings. Urmstongran will be wanting to know whereabouts you are and what’s your house worth! ?

lovebeigecardigans1955 Fri 04-Dec-20 11:52:50

A late and wet morning all from South Notts. It's a bit chilly too but then to be expected at this time of year. This is a quick visit as I have to dash out to the hairdresser very shortly (still open with restrictions in Tier 3) and I'll catch up with your news later.

The sock knitting is progressing - I've turned the heel and am ready to deal with the gussets and instep. Phew! I have to read the instructions more than once and then proceed with caution.

I wish courage to those who are facing battles today. Stay safe.

Marydoll Fri 04-Dec-20 11:48:25

Ormond ? As EV has said, feel free to post on here, no matter how low you feel.
I have really bad days too, but you will always find someone on this thread, who will give you a boost.

More sad news. I have tried to thin out my hair, as I'm not allowed at the hairdressers. The cheap hacking thinning scissors were blunt! ?

hollysteers Fri 04-Dec-20 11:29:14

A late good morning from Muddy Manor in Lancashire.
Firstly, thoughts to Grammaretto on this sad day, I hope your family are a comfort.
Pulling my small Xmas tree out of its box, I see Injust left all the baubles etc on it. Might just stick it up as it is as an installation in a gallery.
I’m not pleased with the lights around my wooden arch art the front of the house, they seem to be fading away...
Now to wash some sheets and take my drugs (medication)
That was a lovely light yesterday Ashcombe. The Range often has artistic things in stock and reasonable. I’m not surprised Laura Ashley went out of business.

EllanVannin Fri 04-Dec-20 11:23:22

Ormond56, if it'll help, offload what you wish on here we're all good listeners and not judgers. I'm sorry for how you feel though this time of year things seem to rest heavier on your mind. x

EllanVannin Fri 04-Dec-20 11:20:15

That's lovely AuntyFlo. I too have 3 " twiglets, battery-lit and they have sparkly crystal danglers. They'll do me this year while the tree remains in its box in the cupboard----can't be bothered with it this year.

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 04-Dec-20 11:11:21

Good Morning all from sleety cold Harrogate. Again nothing planned, like yesterday, but I was very busy doing it! (nothing)
Ashcombe sorry you are both stuck!! Maybe we'll have some magic nearer Xmas!
NanKate I have made an appointment next week for what could be my first haircut this year!!! Yes, a bird's nest is tidier!!
Enjoyed my art club last night, we had a life model, something i like doing.
Tonight I shall be having a video call to my sisters which is always enjoyable
Hugs to all those feeling sad and unwell