Excitement at any age

(22 Posts)
Sawsage2 Tue 08-Dec-20 13:53:15

Ring, ring, ring
Knock, knock, knock
By the time my legs start working
Gone, gone, gone!

Molly10 Tue 08-Dec-20 13:44:50

Well done, Maisey. Great achievement and keeping fit...is that the doorbell? wink

lilydily9 Tue 08-Dec-20 12:34:53

Huge congratulations Maisey on publishing your book, you must be so proud. Hope it arrives soon! I'm the same age as you and just came second in a short story competition which will be included in a book and available on kindle. Exciting times!

Grandmabeach Tue 08-Dec-20 12:25:13

Well done Maisey. I had my first book printed on our Family History this summer purely for family and ex-tended family but it is a fantastic feeling holding a book you have written yourself.

Phloembundle Tue 08-Dec-20 12:10:44

Watching England play rugby gets me excited and stressed all at once.

Spec1alk Tue 08-Dec-20 10:56:38

Well done Masie , I hope the postman comes soon! I love receiving parcels!

Jaxjacky Tue 08-Dec-20 10:48:49

What an achievement, well done.

4allweknow Tue 08-Dec-20 10:36:02

Congratulations Maisey. Fantastic achievement, no wonder you are excited.

SewnSew Tue 08-Dec-20 09:55:05

How wonderful to have a book published! Congratulations Maisey! I used to get very excited when my Open University books arrived - our lovely postman could never understand why mere books arriving made me bounce up and down with joy! Obviously he wasn't a reader!

b1zzle Tue 08-Dec-20 09:41:48

Well done, Maisey, and there's nothing like the feeling you get when your published book is finally in your hands. I remember I couldn't stop shaking!

At the moment I am awaiting the arrival of five sprouting acorns (thank you Countryfile) from a friend. It's our contribution to Plant Britain, and I can't wait to see them!

Kim19 Tue 08-Dec-20 04:52:23

Heartiest congrats, Maisey. Well done! Yep, I'm another indulger in vicarious pleasure. The inner joy I have from the silliest of things is crazy but decidedly uplifting. Been floating on a new birth for the past few days now I've moved on to a family member's new kitchen. New telly being delivered on Wednesday - hey that's tomorrow now! - and I'm delighted. There aren't words to express my joy/ relief/ sense of achievement at completing assembly of the Ikea cabinet it's going to stand on. Wow! These are just a few of my recent 'floaters'. Guess I'm just the proverbial cock-eyed optimist. Can't imagine the pride in having a book published. Magic! Again...... SO well done, Maisey. ?.

Chewbacca Tue 08-Dec-20 00:16:03

Well done on writing your book and getting it published Maisie. I often used to think about writing out the stories I used to make up for DC when little. I should have done because I've forgotten them all now!

Georgesgran Mon 07-Dec-20 23:49:58

Well done for your story - someone once said we all have one in us, but only a few can really do it.

Years ago we were going to a function and I’d ordered a special dress. I can still remember the look on the postman’s face when I grabbed the box and shouted in a loud voice ‘Yes - Cinderella shall go to the ball!’ He must have thought I’d been at the home brew!

sodapop Fri 04-Dec-20 14:15:31

That's brilliant Maisey has it arrived yet? You must be very proud of your achievement.

BBbevan Fri 04-Dec-20 11:31:06

Well done Maisey What a great achievement. ??

FannyCornforth Fri 04-Dec-20 11:22:10

Echoing Namsnanny we need to hear about your book!
Congratulations!

Namsnanny Fri 04-Dec-20 11:18:14

Yes the same here!

How exciting Maisey Do tell us about your book tchsmile

Ellianne Fri 04-Dec-20 11:14:23

You made me laugh Maisey. Hope your book comes soon.
There us a race for the door every time deliveries come to our house: me, DH and a very fast dog!

vampirequeen Fri 04-Dec-20 11:12:56

Way to go. That's fantastic. No wonder you're excited.

timetogo2016 Fri 04-Dec-20 11:03:02

I`m the same Maisey.
I live at the end of a cul-de sac so when i hear a diesel vehicle i rush up stairs to see if my order has arrived as i can`t see it from the downstairs windows.
On occations i shout yehhhhh., and run back down.

Nannylovesshopping Fri 04-Dec-20 11:01:00

Many congratulations on getting your book published, I do hope the postie rings soon?

Maisey Fri 04-Dec-20 10:38:56

I never would have thought I could be so excited for today (Friday) to get here this first week in December but, here I am now it is Friday waiting for delivery of my printed short story book for children to be delivered. I'd ordered a few tea-lights from Yankee Candle last week and when the doorbell rang I shot to the door probably looking quite disappointed when I took the little parcel from the delivery man. Then the bell rang again and this time it was a box of suitable envelopes I'd ordered for the books, so disappointment was again obvious. Still no books but they are due today. I'm 73 and at least I'm keeping fit running to the front door this morning!