Gransnet forums

Chat

Most Irritating Celebrity on TV at the moment

(109 Posts)
tinaf1 Sat 05-Dec-20 19:31:05

I’m going for Idris Elba advertising for TV Christmas programs on Sky this year : especially for the twelve films of Christmas
Every bloody break and I can’t keep going out to kitchen to make a cup of tea!?

Grandyma Sat 12-Dec-20 16:40:40

Can I add Paul Martin from Flog It. Shane Ritchie aka Alfie Moon in Eastenders. Claire Balding ??‍♀️

Scentia Fri 11-Dec-20 06:48:10

* glammagran*
Don’t want to sound rude, but I think you are missing the irony of Nish’s humour the ‘White’ references are an ironic remark. Watch some more episodes he is a genius to be honest.
Now Idris on that sky advert is a whole new thing!!!!!

Loislovesstewie Fri 11-Dec-20 06:14:11

I've just read the whole thread, at this hour of the morning, and can't stop laughing! I agree with all of you. I especially had a giggle about the underpants ad with the chap talking about chaffing! My DH says I don't have a good word to say for anyone, but I am so fed up with annoying personalities. If I have control of the remote I now mute the tv during ad breaks so that I don't hear the inane jabber. That flipping Peleton ad really annoys me too, smug individuals exercising frantically on an overpriced bike with an instructor who can't speak grammatically.

Patsy70 Thu 10-Dec-20 22:09:07

I don’t watch daytime TV, but can relate to most of the comments mentioned. Mary Berry, anyone?

Westcoaster Thu 10-Dec-20 21:40:43

Anyone who thinks they're a celebrity (usually for being a talentless nobody) annoys me!

MollyPolly60 Thu 10-Dec-20 20:24:58

but I also cant stand Keith Lemon or Philip Schofield

MollyPolly60 Thu 10-Dec-20 20:23:59

why has nobody said Stephen Mulhern I cant stand him he tries too hard and he is not funny.

Vickysponge Thu 10-Dec-20 14:52:52

Schofield
Willoughby
Kay Burley
Beth Rigby
Robert Peston

arosebyanyothername Thu 10-Dec-20 14:38:09

I haven't watched the morning programs for years, can't stand many of the presenters.
Loose Women too.
And who told Idris he could sing? Loved him in Luther though, he should definitely stick to acting.
Danny Dyer in The Woool!
I like Claudia but Tess with her hand wringing and posing...
Could go on but most have been mentioned already.
p.s.Will be glad to see less of Kay Burley for a while smile

Grandma70s Thu 10-Dec-20 14:37:51

For some reason I can’t stand Sarah Moore on Something for Nothing on daytime TV, but I shouldn’t think many people watch it.

I haven’t watched Philip Schofield since he was in the broom cupboard.

Puzzler61 Thu 10-Dec-20 14:21:59

I am adding Kay Burley of Sky TV. Following her selfish antics and her abysmal attempt of an apology to say she is “irritating” is putting it mildly. I have stronger words .....

Maggiemaybe Thu 10-Dec-20 13:10:14

I’m going to have to watch more daytime TV. I’ve only seen Philip Schofield recently on The Cube and that programme testing Christmas buys. He comes over as quite a likeable bloke on them.

sodapop Thu 10-Dec-20 12:29:48

And the prize goes to Philip Schofield - most irritating 'celebrity' of the day, grin

jmsburnham Thu 10-Dec-20 10:37:27

Philip Schofield by far the worst celebrity - far too full of his own importance. He used to be a very good presenter but has not improved with age. Time for retirement.

Charleygirl5 Thu 10-Dec-20 10:26:49

Claudia Winkleman and that other presenter with her on Strictly whose name I forget.

I also cannot stand Joanna Lumley and Jeremy Vine is heading that way too.

NiceasMice Thu 10-Dec-20 09:22:35

Lucy Worsley, smug yes, like a nine year old.
Holly Willoughby also performs like a nine year old.
And it is a performance isn't it?

FoghornLeghorn Wed 09-Dec-20 22:55:21

Holly Willoughby. Not only is she irritating with all her sobbing and crying, she’s also everywhere. Sick of the sight of her. What talent does she actually possess, if any ?

seastar Wed 09-Dec-20 17:04:56

It's amazing. Quickly scanning through I noticed that most of the people mentioned I also find irritating. I'd like to add Carol Vorderman - supposed maths expert but her degree was in engineering and she barely passed. She is full of herself importance.
Jimmy Carr's put on laugh - pathetic and crinch-worthy.
Claudia Winkleman with that stupid long fringe.
Jon Richardson and wife both think they are funny but I don't.
Lucy Worsley - I can't enjoy any programme she is on. She is a bit of a 'jolly old hockey stick' type with an irritating lisp. I can't concentrate on the programme because I automatically concentrate on the lisp.
Also some adverts on TV drive me crazy. I have to turn over to another station whilst they are on or I mute the sound. If I see that lady in a bride's dress with Gok Wan looking in a mirror and saying "beautiful" once more I'll cry.

crazyH Mon 07-Dec-20 18:08:32

Jeremy Vibe, especially when he jumps off his seat to write on that blackboard ?

lilyofthewest Mon 07-Dec-20 17:59:53

Jeremy Vine - rude, sarcastic & not as clever as he thinks he is.

Claudia Winkleman - talentless & not as “cool” as she thinks she is.

Too many more to mention here but those two top my list.

Atqui Mon 07-Dec-20 15:25:02

Haven’t seen a lot of those mentioned , but can’t bear to watch Graham Norton or Carol Klein , though it makes me feel guilty to be irritated by someone so positive as C K.

Kate1949 Mon 07-Dec-20 15:24:37

If I see Gordon Ramsey I immediately switch over. Also Jonathan Ross.

Alexa Mon 07-Dec-20 14:22:20

Graham Norton I do not even look at him when I can avoid doing so.

soop Mon 07-Dec-20 14:18:32

I agree with just about all the comments regarding irritating "Celebs". There are far too many others to mention. However, on the plus side, I do enjoy watching and listening to the following individuals - George Alagiah, Monty Don, Gordon Buchanan, Peter Wright (the Yorkshire vet) and Alexander Armstrong.

Willow73 Mon 07-Dec-20 12:52:50

Claudia Winkleman and her dreadful fringe! Her dress style needs alot of addressing too!