Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Fryday

(7 Posts)
Rufus2 Fri 11-Dec-20 10:53:22

users.tpg.com.au/baseaman38/HTML/Christmas2020-1.html

*Merry Christmas*

Hope this greeting makes your day! Our 's has been pretty good, warm, 21C sunny all day, more to come and another double-donut day making it 42 in a row!
Makes for a relaxed time to be able to wander around outside again without masks.
No mask either whilst I was in the dentist's chair! grin
But yes on arrival, temperature taken and hand rinse.

Unfortunately our Federal Govt. has had to abandon plans to roll out the Queensland vaccine because of false positives and problems with HIV, which seems strange, but they wish to avoid any bad publicity and turn off the public's confidence.
Shows how viruses never go away despite vaccines.

Just had more chocolate; Rowntrees aftter 8 mints, chocolate sculptors in Italy, Wales; incredible what they can do just with chocolate and no other materials!

London appears to be heading for lockdown troubles.
Looks like Christmas, like nostalgia ain't what it used to be. sad

Hope our christmas message above will bring a bit of cheer!
Jane Note that it also caters for "Happy Holidays" grin

Otherwise, not much else going on here.
Don't forget; keep your distance and all will be well one day!
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Jane10 Fri 11-Dec-20 11:28:54

Hi Rufus2- re 'Happy Holidays' - Grrrrrr!
Extra boring week this week. Its been so dark that I've had to have the lights on all day.
We're currently in Tier 3 and we confidently expected to move down to tier 2 as we've maintained levels below those required for some weeks but no, in her 'wisdom' nicola has kept us in Tier3. DS who is a restaurant manager is in despair. They have to close at 6 and can't serve alcohol. At least if in tier 2 he could stay open till 8 so could have a dinner service plus wine. They rely on good income at Christmas & New Year times to see them through the very quiet days of Jan/Feb/March. A very unfestive festive season for him sad

Megs36 Fri 11-Dec-20 12:09:27

Hello Rufus wonderful news about the Bug .
We are in Tier 2 atm. Just hope London is not put up to 3,we would be on the fringe I think. Already messed up our plans for Christmas Eve meal out, I think I mentioned we will have our first Day alone in over 60 years so theEve lunch would have been the only get together allowed by the ‘Rules’.
Jane, So sorry for all those in the hospitality trade, a few weeks ago it seemed they would get a little relief, just to have it snatched away.
Sounds like you are having a chocolate fest! Rufus, I know our Christmas prezzies willbe very high on chocolate and biscuits! Lovely.
I have a birfday on Sunday so I may get double helpings.

Guess your dental visit was successful regarding broken tooth, good job done.Take care. ,keep up the good work .
Cheers ????????

Jaxjacky Fri 11-Dec-20 13:18:20

Hi Rufus from a tier 2, is this how we’ll be defined until we can join your zero status I wonder?
Minimal chocolate in this house over the festives, we would normally have the family here for a couple of days and all the snacks and chocs would constantly be replaced, not this year. Still, the tree lounging in a tub of water outside will be in on Sunday, decorating will commence. It’s Friday, which is a pub night, except ours is closed, so I’ll ring a couple of mates, check they’re ok and raise a glass to better times.
Take care ?

Rufus2 Fri 11-Dec-20 13:39:12

Aw C'mon! You're supposed to open that URL and exclaim in wonderment!
We put a lot of effort into it, a product of our Zoom class and then you are supposed to ask who are Shirley and Bruce!?

We thought it would bring some Aussie sunshine into your tiers, not tears!
Yes thanks Megs, tooth now mended, even without anaesthetic, but I won't be cracking walnut shells with my teeth this year.!
It was actually a pleasure going to dentist because they always look at my card and say "93"!? Wow! grin
Gives me a chance to say "and don't forget the half"
Well, you don't get the chance to joke like that every day and it's nice the way the Chinese venerate the elderly! smile
Being elderly, it's past my bedtime again!
Night, night
Good Health

Jaxjacky Fri 11-Dec-20 14:32:40

Oops! Made me smile! You’ve set high standards.

Megs36 Fri 11-Dec-20 18:56:22

Sorry Rufus, loved the greeting, only just watched it, bit slow today, Thanks????