Gransnet forums

Chat

Some guys 50 and over who still have it

(131 Posts)
Artaylar Sun 13-Dec-20 18:45:33

Thought I've give my (very) shallow side an airing on this wet and gloomy Sunday.

Some guys I didnt think had it when they were younger though now think they do :
Sean Bean
Keanu Reeves
Jon Bon Jovi
Matthew McConaughey
Jerome Flynn
Iain Glen

Some guys who've always had it - and still have :
Antonia Banderas
Brad Pitt
John Malcovich
Viggo Mortensen
Daniel Day Lewis
Charles Dance

A honorary couple under 50
Tom Hardy
Andy Whitfield - lead in Spartacus, so very sadly died young

Ho Lee Cow......

Think I'll soon be reverting to my 1970's past time of putting posters up in my bedroom.

MayBee70 Thu 17-Dec-20 10:48:57

Petra: we’ve seen Lucy Verasami in the flesh several time and she is absolutely stunning. Very petite. Total perfection. Also exudes ‘niceness’.I have to admit that I always stop whatever I’m doing and watch her if she appears on the tv. I’m just in awe of her. Your husband has good taste.

suzette1613 Thu 17-Dec-20 06:52:12

Oh yes,
Martin Shaw,
Alan Alda,
Monty Don,
Marcus Wareing.

I’m as straight as a Roman road, but l agree Lucy Verasamy is very attractive.

Gwyneth Wed 16-Dec-20 15:11:19

Monty Don definitely and think of all the home grown veg !!!

petra Wed 16-Dec-20 15:08:10

silverlining48

If this was reversed and men were listing attractive women, I wonder what the response would be. Just saying,

My OH has the serious hots for Lucy Verasamy ( the itv weather girl)

MayBee70 Wed 16-Dec-20 15:05:43

Charlie Watts has turned into the best looking Rolling Stone. Didn’t Marianne Faithfull comment that she couldn’t understand why she didn’t pick up on his gorgeousness when they were young.

MayBee70 Wed 16-Dec-20 15:03:31

Must add Gary Lineker to my heart throb list. Funny how quite geeky young men can turn into dreamboats when they get older. I can actually spot the ones that will now: an attribute that would have been handy in my youth. Maybe I could charge for my services ‘nah, drop that one, he’ll go all droopy in middle age’.

MayBee70 Wed 16-Dec-20 14:59:30

NanKate

Chestnut did you see Terence Stamp in His Dark Materials on the BBC last week ? He looks a bit dog-eared now, but such a good actor.

The Doctor in Virgin River on Netflix. It’s a great series. I don’t know his name but the woman who plays his wife Kate O’Toole is Peter’s daughter. But I digress.

I like Chris Packham, but he is only about 50.

It took me a while to work out it was him. I’m really enjoying The Subtle Knife as I never got round to reading the second book so it’s all new to me. I’ve struggled with any follow up productions of Far from the Madding Crowd as no one has ever come close to Stamps portrayal of Troy. Although the most recent film had a far better Bathsheba.

trisher Wed 16-Dec-20 14:50:57

Got to say a word for Kim Bodnia of The Bridge and Killing Eve.

AmberSpyglass Wed 16-Dec-20 10:57:14

Rufus Sewell and Sean Pertwee are gorgeous. And on the other side, I can’t believe Miranda Otto (from Lord of the Rings and Homeland) is 53. She’s utterly gorgeous and I do swoon a little whenever she’s onscreen.

FannyCornforth Wed 16-Dec-20 10:36:06

Re Clooney
I've got quite an accurate gaydar, and I don't doubt the rumour tbh.

jaylucy Wed 16-Dec-20 10:34:21

Ohhh David Essex for sure, still got that twinkle in his eye! I still have the pen that he signed his autograph with!
Yep, Rufus Sewell too
Robert Downey Jr
Kevin Costner
Tom Selleck

FannyCornforth Wed 16-Dec-20 10:32:45

lemongrove
It's probably all of the plastic surgery in the 60s!
#Faul

Blinko Wed 16-Dec-20 10:32:03

Jaxjacky

Marcus Wareing, John Barrowman (yes, I know), Samuel L Jackson, Steve Tyler, Will Smith and Bradley Walsh

Someone in our rambling club had a thing for JB. We told her he's gay. She said 'I'll convert him'...she's over eighty! shock

lemongrove Wed 16-Dec-20 10:25:00

NanKate thanks for the info, I wouldn't have recognised Stamp.

Gaga well we are all allowed to be different, but I really thought you were joking! You should come here, we have three neighbours who all look like Corbyn, thin with grey beards and caps.

Fanny it’s only a rumour about Clooney ( although wouldn’t matter either way as I am already taken)?

On Paul McCartney, I think he looks rather strange and can’t quite work out why.

NanKate Wed 16-Dec-20 10:23:56

The late Cary Grant aged very well.

Kate1949 Wed 16-Dec-20 09:58:30

I don't know of many men who look as good as Paul Mccartney at 78.

BlueSky Wed 16-Dec-20 09:37:33

GagaJo

Not at all lemongrove. Not for nothing is his wife a much younger woman. Compassion is sexy. So are morals and ethics.

Agree about his looks GagaJo, good looks don’t equal sexy, no comment about his compassion, morals and ethics. Also about his ‘much younger woman’.

FannyCornforth Wed 16-Dec-20 09:06:47

GagaJo

Not at all lemongrove. Not for nothing is his wife a much younger woman. Compassion is sexy. So are morals and ethics.

My husband's wife is 'a much younger woman'. tchgrin
I'm not sure that it's proof of anything much!
(He is very lovely though).

FannyCornforth Wed 16-Dec-20 09:03:56

TwiceAsNice

Jeremy Corby and ethics that’s an oxymoron for sure!

Love Idris Elba
Martin Shaw
Do like George Cloony , now and when he was in ER
Mick Jagger (Paul McCartney has aged very badly)

I disagree, Paul McCartney looks like a nice, normal bloke. Mick Jagger looks odd, to say the least.

Clooney has played a quite clever game ie 'looking good for his age' when he's not actually old.
He's only 59; when ER started he was just 33. (And you do know that he's widely rumoured to be gay don't you?)

I'm not entirely sure if I actually want my older 'guys' to have 'it'...

TwiceAsNice Wed 16-Dec-20 08:47:56

Sorry Corbyn

TwiceAsNice Wed 16-Dec-20 08:47:29

Jeremy Corby and ethics that’s an oxymoron for sure!

Love Idris Elba
Martin Shaw
Do like George Cloony , now and when he was in ER
Mick Jagger (Paul McCartney has aged very badly)

NanKate Wed 16-Dec-20 07:11:46

Terence with one r and Stamp with a capital letter. Must try harder ?

NanKate Wed 16-Dec-20 07:10:48

Morning Lemongrove. Terrence stamp was the old man in the tower. I know exactly where the small garden is in Oxford, I recognised it immediately, as I am sure you do too.

GagaJo Tue 15-Dec-20 23:50:39

rosecarmel Tue 15-Dec-20 22:42:42

The doctor on Virgin River is Tim Matheson ?