Gransnet forums

Chat

What happened to my Cheeky Bagpiper (for Prostate Cancer UK, if anyone remembers)

(7 Posts)
Witzend Mon 14-Dec-20 10:57:10

He went to auction on EBay, and a very well-meaning brother who didn’t actually want it, very quickly bid right up to the reserve - which I’d been hoping, but not necessarily expecting to get.

Presumably that put anyone else off, since nobody else made a bid. Since I’d grown rather fond of the CB, I told brother shortly before the end of the auction that if nobody else bid, I was going to keep him, refund his money (having won he was obliged to pay via eBay) and donate the same myself.

However he refused to have the money back, so in the end Prostate Cancer U.K. got double.
Meanwhile my CB looks quite at home on the sideboard, guarding the whisky decanter. ?

FannyCornforth Mon 14-Dec-20 11:11:00

He looks great there!
I'm glad that you've kept him, he's wonderful tchgrin

Blossoming Mon 14-Dec-20 11:13:24

I saw that he’d sold, how funny that your brother got caught out starting a bidding war! Good result for the charity.

Jane10 Mon 14-Dec-20 11:27:56

A good result all round. It was good of your brother to bid up for it but a pity that put others off.
Just think what fun you can have casually showing this example of your knitting virtuosity to visitors (when finally allowed) and watching their faces when they make the discovery!

Witzend Mon 14-Dec-20 11:45:48

@Jane10, I’m already imagining much mirth in the older grandchildren (4 and 5) once they’re finally allowed to visit again!

Dottygran59 Mon 14-Dec-20 11:50:21

No wonder you couldn't beat to part with him - he is indeed a work of art and looks very proud guarding the decanter

Jaxjacky Mon 14-Dec-20 11:52:20

Oh well done and good decision.