Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Monday

(6 Posts)
Rufus2 Mon 14-Dec-20 12:58:29

Good Evening Everyone; We are about to carry out a cunning plan which might become self-explanatory. Hot , hot again today. At 9.00pm it was still 31C indoors having been 33C this arvo. The stuff of sleepless nights.
Haven’t had the get up and go today preferring the sun-lounger in the shade of the ole lemon tree. Watching John the gardener mowing the lawns, pruning and generally moving leaves and rubbish around with his 2-stroke blower was very exhausting. The last one until 2021.

No time for TV today so no updates on the do-nut count. apparently the Aussies involved in the recent cluster of positives had returned from India and are now in quarantine, at their own expense.

As well as being free to move around between our several States a “bubble” has been formed with NZ. All in good time for Christmas.

Everyone I’ve listened to tells me that the Manchester “derby” was a bit of fizzer so not worth watching.
The Plan.
A guy sat next to me on the train pulled out a photo of his girlfriend from his wallet and said 'she's beautiful isn't she'

I said 'if you think she's beautiful, you should see my wife'
He asked 'why, is she a stunner?'
I replied 'no, she's an optician'

What do you do if a blonde throws a hand-grenade at you!?
Pull out the pin and throw it back!
As this thread is a No-Go zone for police and it’s now the Season of Goodwill to All Men, a few funny tales might not go amiss! tchgrin
Now I’ve got a date with the Night Owls so see ya later!
It's now midnight and 29C
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Jane10 Mon 14-Dec-20 13:42:12

Oh Rufus2- you blew it again with those jokes!! I'll assume the hot weather has got to you.

Rufus2 Mon 14-Dec-20 14:20:18

you blew it again with those jokes!!
Shush! You're drawing attention! The Plan was to read them under the Doona tonight, but if you have to have the lights on all day you won't know whether you're coming or going.
Your lips are sealed, Careless talk and all that! tchshock
Good Health
OoRoo

Jaxjacky Mon 14-Dec-20 14:50:03

I don’t think they counted as jokes, the first was factual, the second self preservation ?

BlueSky Mon 14-Dec-20 17:32:33

Rufus do you have to pull the pin out before throwing a hand grenade? I really didn’t realise that and I’m not even blonde! Love the optician joke though! grinwine

Megs36 Mon 14-Dec-20 19:02:56

You are brave Rufus, there are still plenty of us still with a sense of humour ?.
It must be a big bubble between some of your states and NZ. I ‘m really confused anyway about bubblesI don't think I’ve ever been in one .
Spoke to NZrellies yesterday and they seem to think they are back completely to normal.
Sleep well
Cheers ???????