Gransnet forums

Chat

Had to laugh!

(29 Posts)
lizzypopbottle Wed 16-Dec-20 14:35:03

With no motivation to do anything much today, I was scrolling through Google news headlines on my phone and came across one entitled, 'Best indoor hobby for your zodiac sign' so I had a look. (I take astrology with a big pinch of salt, by the way...)

The first sign was Aries, my eldest, adult son's birth sign. He is about the most introverted person I know. His suggested hobby: Karaoke ?

Here's the list so you can go online to get your supplies:

Aries - Karaoke
Pisces - Tarot reading
Aquarius - Digital art (that's me!)
Capricorn - Baking bread (my daughter who never cooks!)
Sagittarius - Learn a new language
Scorpio - Learn to play keyboard
Libra - Sewing
Virgo - Candle making
Leo - Doing make-up
Cancer - Cross stitch
Gemini - Dancing (my younger son)
Taurus - Candy making

Hoping to see the photos of everyone's progress in the fullness of time! ????

Witzend Fri 18-Dec-20 17:52:33

What is digital art? That’s supposed to be mine. I’m about the least artistic person in the universe - if my grandchildren’s lives depended on it I could not draw an even halfway acceptable anything just out of my head.

MamaCaz Fri 18-Dec-20 17:44:06

Six of my hobbies were on that list, so there was a fifty percent chance of the author of this getting it 'right' for me, but they didn't!
Need I say more?

lizzypopbottle Fri 18-Dec-20 13:54:48

Seems they got it right in approximately 6% of cases, judging by your replies! Lucky guesses... but someone may well have been paid for writing that article! ???

Anniebach Fri 18-Dec-20 09:00:45

Me, Cross Stitch , definitely, love it

felice Fri 18-Dec-20 08:59:03

Leo here, what's make-up ??????????
DD Scorpio, has never gone near a musical instrument since she broke a friends guitar age 6. 10 fat fingers.

lemongrove Thu 17-Dec-20 22:40:02

I can’t see me doing any of those things lizzy( felt tired just reading them)? you can imagine somebody having great fun compiling the list.

lizzypopbottle Thu 17-Dec-20 20:53:09

I'm really glad I posted this. Your comments have given me a good laugh, especially Jaxjacky's!

aggie Wed 16-Dec-20 17:22:44

Me keyboard.??? I gave up the piano years ago before it could rear up and toss me out !!!

annodomini Wed 16-Dec-20 17:18:22

I would like to see my GS's expression when I tell him (a Leo) that he should be doing make-up!

Rosalyn69 Wed 16-Dec-20 17:02:09

Candy*

Rosalyn69 Wed 16-Dec-20 17:01:51

And making? “Shudders theatrically”.
My son is a Sag / learn a new language. He has never willingly learned anything.

LauraNorder Wed 16-Dec-20 16:28:23

As a committed kitchen avoider, I'd rather change my birthday than make bread!

Lucca Wed 16-Dec-20 16:22:46

I’m on the cusp of Capricorn and Aquarius, I’m massively untalented art wise and don’t like baking !

Urmstongran Wed 16-Dec-20 16:21:04

downtoearth I’ve just laughed out loud for the first time today reading your comment‼️
Thank you. Very witty.
?

Luckygirl Wed 16-Dec-20 15:53:18

Candle-making for me......yawn!!

MiniMoon Wed 16-Dec-20 15:39:01

Learn a new language! I don't think I'd have much use for it whichever one I chose to learn.

merlotgran Wed 16-Dec-20 15:37:06

Mine's dancing. I've got flat feet and arthritic knees! grin

Jaxjacky Wed 16-Dec-20 15:36:50

DH and DD Cancer, DS Capricorn, drat, should have bought 2 cross stitching kits and a bread making machine for them to unwrap while I read my Tarot cards!

Situpstraight2 Wed 16-Dec-20 15:33:43

Well I’m on Virgo Leo cusp so I’m sitting in full make up , wittling a candle into something marvellous for Christmas.

Not.

EllanVannin Wed 16-Dec-20 15:08:44

Sewing ? grin

dahlia Wed 16-Dec-20 15:06:18

As I am a Taurean, I should be candy making. Used to do this when raising money at school fairs for charity, but after an unfortunate incident with a wayward pan of cinder toffee I haven't done any sweet making since the children were small Now I know where I have been going wrong! smile

Loislovesstewie Wed 16-Dec-20 15:05:36

Another candidate for digital art! I was banned from art classes at grammar school as I made such a mess ,of me and the rest of the class.

tanith Wed 16-Dec-20 15:05:28

Cross stitch for me and funnily enough I’ve just taken it up again and it’s keeping me occupied for an hour or two a day.

Grannybags Wed 16-Dec-20 15:03:25

Me? Cross stitch? I don't think so!!

LadyHonoriaDedlock Wed 16-Dec-20 14:48:06

I, a Leo, very seldom wear makeup (in the age of Zoom I've sometimes thought a bit of lippy and powder would help my pallid eek. Can I be Aquarius please? I'm doing a Masters in Film and TV studies and two days ago I submitted a 3,500 word critique of the work of Lillian Schwartz, the computer art pioneer.