Gransnet forums

Chat

steamed up glasses

(15 Posts)
giulia Sun 20-Dec-20 20:24:32

Sorry if this has been covered - have been off the site for a while - but does anyone know a way of avoiding steamed up glasses while wearing face mask.

I know it is important to push the mask as high as possible up the nose...but. Is there maybe a product to smear on lenses without damaging them?

Tea3 Sun 20-Dec-20 20:29:53

Anti-fog spray for swimming goggles helps.

Oldbat1 Sun 20-Dec-20 20:33:05

Buy some anti fog wipes fromopticians or from online. I only need to use one a week on the day I go to the supermarket.

Luckygirl Sun 20-Dec-20 22:38:45

LifeArt cloths - available on amazon.

Jane10 Mon 21-Dec-20 07:43:27

Life art cloths work like magic. I read about them on a previous thread on the subject and I'm so glad I did.

vampirequeen Mon 21-Dec-20 10:45:27

Make sure you have a metal strip in your mask. Press it tightly around your nose and make sure the fabric is pulled back towards your ears. The smaller the gap between cheek and fabric the better.

Jane10 Mon 21-Dec-20 11:07:46

vampirequeen- those of us who suffer from steamed up glasses due to wearing masks worked that out on day 1!!

Tabbycat Mon 21-Dec-20 11:16:01

I use NO FOG lens wipes from Specsavers and wear reusable face masks with metal nose strips. BUT, if it's a cold, damp, dreich day (like today) my glasses still steam up as I go from inside to outside and vice-versa. I also wear a hearing -aid to add to the joy ... hmm!

Tabbycat Mon 21-Dec-20 11:17:59

Are you having a bad day Jane10?

flowers

goose1964 Mon 21-Dec-20 11:20:14

Glasses over your mask and breathe in and out through your nose. My optician was most impressed that I didn't got up. Still have the same problem when going from cold to hot.

Jane10 Mon 21-Dec-20 13:05:07

Tabbycat maybe I'm having a bad day but it's so annoying being told something so blatantly obvious as if we're all too thick to work that one out!
I'm just back from supermarket marathon and the magic wipes worked a treat. So glad they were recommended on here.

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 21-Dec-20 14:08:40

I've just read you've had success with the magic wipes but was about to recommend cat crap cream for years. I use a respirator when wood turning and wearing a face shield and my reading glasses all the time. Lasts for a few days. There's also a spray.

www.amazon.co.uk/Ek-123625-Cat-Crap-Anti-Fog/dp/B002ZNA488?tag=gransnetforum-21

WOODMOUSE49 Mon 21-Dec-20 14:13:19

Sorry - I'v missed a couple of words out of my comment and it does make much sense now!
I've just read you've had success with the magic wipes but was about to recommend cat crap cream that I've used for years.

Jane10 Mon 21-Dec-20 15:33:07

I bought the 'Cat Crap' stuff first but it didn't seem to cope with hot supermarkets after a cold walk. The wipes work so well. Goodness knows how though.

Happiyogi Mon 21-Dec-20 19:44:38

I’ve had great success recently with kitchen paper!

Take about a third of a sheet and fold it several times until you have a long strip about three quarters of an inch wide. Fold both ends in until the strip is the same length as the top edge of your mask. Remove specs. Lay the paper strip on the inside top of your mask then, holding at the outer corners, apply mask to face. Put glasses on and make sure the bottom of the glasses sits over the top of the mask.