Gransnet forums

Chat

Idiots abroad.

(4 Posts)
felice Thu 31-Dec-20 17:27:59

I am a member of a site here for tourists.
This afternoon someone posted that they were in transit here for 4 days and wanted to go out and party for New Years Eve duh.
It was pointed out to him that it was not possible and anyway the curfew is 10.00pm.
All the rules and regs laid out.
He then asked the best bar to go to for a lock in,,,,,, none all closed all over the country.
He then started calling us a bunch of hypocrites and selfish for not inviting him to our parties.
Some of us thought it was a wind-up so asked him the name of his Hotel, he told us and yes he is real.
He is in strict isolation since arriving here and the Hotel will now be monitoring him closely. It appears he had already tried to bribe the staff to let him go 'wandering'. No alcholol will be served with his room service.
Stupid is as stupid does.

Jane10 Thu 31-Dec-20 17:31:36

shock
There's no vaccine for pure selfish stupidity

harrigran Thu 31-Dec-20 18:36:24

Oh tell me about it.
My sister said that her neighbours had a family funeral yesterday and the occupants of four cars stayed overnight. We had a look on FB and sure enough there were the photographs of 30 or 40 people having a party, all smiling and toasting great granny with no space between them.
That is bad enough but the man of the house is a taxi driver of the biggest taxi company in town and one of the other attendees is the registrar of births, deaths and marriages.
Sister's niece and her fiance are police officers, their attitude was "stop moaning about your neighbours".
I really despair at the attitude of some people.
I know what Brussels is like Felice, I get an update from DD at intervals and she is going nowhere plus masks are mandatory outside.

Urmstongran Thu 31-Dec-20 19:06:43

As they say ‘you can’t fix stupid’ in ALL nationalities it seems!