Gransnet forums

Chat

My hair is migrating!

(86 Posts)
Bluebellwould Sat 02-Jan-21 16:17:14

My under arm hair has gone walk about, only to appear on my chin. My down below hair ? is now coming out my nose instead of where it should be. The hair on top of my head is thinning but it’s now luxuriating on my top lip. The hair on my legs is still there but has spread to top of my toes. Goodness only knows what I’m turning into, half bald yeti comes to mind.
Anyone else have similar problems?

icanhandthemback Fri 08-Jan-21 21:03:01

rac47, I wonder if that is what my problem is, I am on the highest dose of metformin now. I've been taking a Hair, Nails and Skin supplement but haven't noticed a big difference in any of them. I saw a notice about a research project on hair loss treatment and I have signed up for it.

I absolutely hate that my hair is thin so you can see my scalp which looks as if it is in better shape than my veiny face!

rac47 Fri 08-Jan-21 16:02:40

Coco51
I have - but then I am on steroids and immunosuppressant medication!
==============
Thats true. I am on metformin and that definitely causes the hair to fall!

Dico63 Wed 06-Jan-21 18:41:15

Yes me too oh the joys of getting old smile

Badgranma Tue 05-Jan-21 00:19:34

Btw my GP told me years ago it was fine to pluck moles. Hope he was right. I hate them.

Badgranma Tue 05-Jan-21 00:17:23

Mole hairs grow soooo fast on my face. Like desperate Dan. One minute your fine, next minute it’s like a long pin sticking out of your face. I have 4 big moles and they all do the same. Some white bristles, some black. I’ve told my daughters that I don’t want anything from them when I am ancient, just the promise they will pluck my face. I don’t want to scare the horses or my great grandchildren.

Lilyflower Mon 04-Jan-21 11:26:24

I have such stiff white wires growing on my chin that small children sit on my knee and demand presents.

barbaranrod Mon 04-Jan-21 09:49:49

oh girls what a great way to start my day ,here was me thinking it was only me that had whiskers so i feel quite a lot better to know a lot of others have the same problems ,ha ha ,it is not a lot of fun this getting older lark ,is it ? ,BUT i still like to think i can still use a veet strip ,every week or so ,,thank you ladies for making me feel a darn sight better today ,,love all your posts x

Susiewakie Mon 04-Jan-21 09:26:43

Bluebellwould you've cheered me up sick of trying to keep up with sprouting chin and top lip hair ! Have next to nothing now downstairs or underarm .Legs is finer but hairy toes have appeared glad I'm not alone

Esspee Mon 04-Jan-21 09:05:08

OH changed barber a few years ago. The new one, a Turkish barber, includes nasal hair waxing and eyebrow trimming as part of his service. I have to say he looks much younger as a result.

Quilty Mon 04-Jan-21 08:47:24

Bluebellwould on a cold winter morning I read your post and had a real good laugh out loud. Thank you.
By the way I sympathise on every count.

DillytheGardener Mon 04-Jan-21 01:19:02

I had my bikini and lower (toilet brush) legs lasered and I use hot wax for top lip and nostrils. I have some very wiry hair chin hairs that I never seem to notice until I’m looking in my car rear mirror.

Jillybird Mon 04-Jan-21 00:53:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

honeyrose Sun 03-Jan-21 22:33:21

I find that my hair has moved about a bit. Still got a very hairy head (thank goodness!) but now grey. Underarms less hairy, legs about the same as they were before (and I don’t shave them in the winter as it helps to keep me warmer), downstairs a bit sparser. Hair on chin and upper lip is growing again, unfortunately. I was having electrolysis on chin and upper lip until last March when we were locked down, but now use a razor (I know I shouldn’t, but I do!). My granddaughters are 3 and I do not want them to point out that I have a beard and moustache (although it’s not quite that bad) so the lady’s shave is being pressed into service. I also have hairy big toes and a nurse told me it was a sign of good circulation.

Tillygumbo Sun 03-Jan-21 22:29:27

I needed a laugh and I’m so glad it’s not just me?

Hetty58 Sun 03-Jan-21 21:27:30

Nanna58, do heed my warning about a 'multiple tweezer' type of facial exfoliator. I thought that I simply must get rid of the emerging 'peach fuzz' fine hair on my cheeks.

Where did I go wrong? The skin must be stretched tight. I didn't do that. It grabbed my loose skin and attached itself! I managed to release it - eventually - but there was a red mark, like a love bite, left behind!

Very funny now, somewhat alarming at the time.

Milliedog Sun 03-Jan-21 21:23:01

Meant *Jaxie..

Milliedog Sun 03-Jan-21 21:22:22

Jamie- I read somewhere that Turmeric and Black Pepper capsules help with hair growth. I didn't realise that they come in different strengths so my first and current ones are mild. However, after about 8 weeks I think my hair has thickened up. They are quite expensive but my widows peak was becoming noticeable and I decided the capsules were worth a try.

Nanna58 Sun 03-Jan-21 21:16:31

I am suffering too! Have ordered one of those battery operated hair removers- I’m going down fighting!

Hetty58 Sun 03-Jan-21 19:31:37

Bluebellwould, Oh, the wondrous delights of the menopause!

My OH, at the time, remarked upon the contents of the bathroom cupboard:

'All your stuff in there is about hair. Either it's hair enhancing - or hair destroying!'

I said 'You're just jealous!' - he was bald.

Rumbabba Sun 03-Jan-21 19:23:41

That is hilarious, but so appropriate!?

Blossoming Sun 03-Jan-21 19:07:52

I have decided to follow the lead of the late great fashion icon Mary Quant and have my husband prune my lady garden into a heart shape grin

Daftbag1 Sun 03-Jan-21 18:53:38

Me too, and what's worse, my eyesight is failing, I can feel the hairs but not see them so I can pull them out

Jaxie Sun 03-Jan-21 15:49:33

Like Coco51 I’m on steroids & immunosuppressants and my head hair has shed so much I can see pink scalp. It’s very depressing. Anyone any tips on hair thickening products - Or should I resign myself to looking like a man in drag?

Gwenisgreat1 Sun 03-Jan-21 15:49:00

My legs, Arms and Oxters - completely bald. My face, eyebrows, bald except for one lonely thick hair on my upper lip which I cut when it tickles my face!
Thankfully I do have a full head of hair, though very fine and flyaway!

sharon103 Sun 03-Jan-21 14:42:19

Oh dear lol, this is sooo funny! I'm in stitches here.
Thanks for the laughs. I can relate to some of them.