Gransnet forums

Chat

another scam NHS related

(8 Posts)
infoman Wed 06-Jan-21 08:45:57

Claiming to be from the NHS,asking you to have your credit card details ready for your vaccination.
Please ignore and advise as many others on the various social media forums and message boards you may belong too.

vampirequeen Wed 06-Jan-21 08:53:49

Oooh I shall enjoy this one. I have a false set of credit card details (can't possibly exist) which I give to these people. Of course they enter them with glee only to find that they don't work so I repeat the number and keep them going as long as possible. Whilst I'm wasting their time I may be saving someone from being taken in.

Yes I have a lot of time on my hands grin

Luckygirl Wed 06-Jan-21 08:54:02

I've had this - sickening.

harrigran Wed 06-Jan-21 09:00:13

We have been told that it is not possible to pay for the vaccine to jump the queue so if anyone tries it on you can be sure it is a scam.
This must count as one of the lowest scams and hope the vile oxygen thieves get their come uppance.

Riverwalk Wed 06-Jan-21 09:07:55

What is most infuriating about these scams is that the banks and credit card companies seem to take no action once it's reported.

eazybee Wed 06-Jan-21 09:54:00

Once again, thanks to people for reporting this; I hadn't heard of it.

WOODMOUSE49 Wed 06-Jan-21 10:00:02

I love having these scumbags on. Last time, I was quite deaf grin

VQ I like that idea. Thank you.

EllanVannin Wed 06-Jan-21 10:09:57

These sort of calls really do bring out the worst in me grin

How low can these creatures get by using the NHS to extort money from those poor souls whose mental health must be on a knife edge fearing that they'll get the virus. Wicked.