Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Wednesday

(3 Posts)
Rufus2 Wed 06-Jan-21 12:23:28

More condolences! TV News tells us that you’ve broken the record yet again by bursting through the 60,000 cases and over 800 deaths in a single day.
Can’t believe it.! sad
Our authorities are going ballistic over a handful of new cases at a big shopping mall and a couple of pubs but it’s good to know that they are on to it!

Masks are to be mandatory at 3rd Cricket Test tomorrow at the SCG or risk a $1,000 fine!
Most other major sporting events have either been cancelled or postponed indefinitely partly because overseas participants don’t want to be confined to barracks because of quarantine restrictions.
Cricket might be exempt because there’s a lot of Indian money riding on betting!

Watched the replay of The Saints v Liverpool and I can understand your tension towards the end, Jaxjacky Mind you, I thought the Saints could have added one or two more, but I guess one was enough to do the job.

Followed that with Sheffield United 0 v Man City 1, but not a very exciting game. The result was OK though; the drenching rain was typical for S Yorkshire.
The Chelsea v City game is still in the pipeline and I’m told it was very good, apart from the fact that City won, so that’s tomorrow’s entertainment sorted!
However, 27C forecast for tomorrow and 35C at the weekend, so a guilty concience might tear me away from the Telly and take Freda out for some fresh air.

Keep warm and watch your step on those icy pavements!
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo

Jaxjacky Wed 06-Jan-21 14:58:54

Hi Rufus, our numbers are appalling and scary with this new variant, in my view, we haven’t locked down enough, any shop that sells ‘food’ can stay open and people are still shopping. It’s infuriating.
Damp and +4 today, marginally warmer, tomorrow is forecast a high of 2 whoopee! I think Freda probably deserves a change of scenery and a bit of a run, not sure if she likes TV..

Take care ?

Megs36 Wed 06-Jan-21 18:56:26

Hello Rufus
News on TV tonight shows more idiots protesting about the lockdown, fines seem to be no barrier to stupidity.
Hope your stats continue good. Hundreds of vaccinations already done in the UK but we’ve not heard yet.
Hope you took Freda out for a run in the sunshine, Weather not bad where we are but snow in other parts of the country.

Granddaughter’s cafe in Devon now completely ‘take away I think, don’t know how that works in a Stay Home situation in winter conditions. Wish we were nearer.

Keep smiling, we try?
Cheers????????