Gransnet forums

Chat

Virtual plane trip for Club Gransnet - where to?!

(133 Posts)
ixion Sun 10-Jan-21 14:47:22

When I first joined, there was a thread suggesting interested parties hire a plane to visit lived ones in NZ/OZ.
Please can we charter another?
I am only now missing my son and his little family in Brisbane. I know he would be pleased to meet you all if you'd like a stopover (?), as much as I would love to see more of these countries- and, maybe, GNetters too.
Any joiners? Where shall we call?
As for creature comforts, I should like, please, proper beds and a shower and the sheer joy of the Argy Bargy staff to organise the drinks and eats (ensuring that we do get to our destination in corpore sano )

ixion Wed 13-Jan-21 14:15:55

Perhaps, Widnesbabcia, the Club Gransnet Whirleygig might suit your purpose better in this instance?

Missee - for sure we will just fly round and round, no limitations! See you in the lounge........

LauraNorder Wed 13-Jan-21 14:03:40

Widnesbabcia

A trip to Warrington from widnes would do me right now ?

?

Widnesbabcia Tue 12-Jan-21 21:58:44

A trip to Warrington from widnes would do me right now ?

rozina Tue 12-Jan-21 21:48:07

I’d like to be dropped off in Mayreau in the Grenadines. Where I would happily stay for the rest of lockdown sipping cocktails and on nature trails!

ixion Tue 12-Jan-21 20:25:31

In flight lectures to improve the mind?
I shall invite David Attenborough and Brian Cox (the star chappie) - for very different reasons...

Jane10 Tue 12-Jan-21 20:09:03

I'm only interested in refined entertainment. Perhaps a string quartet or a supply of improving books. I may bring my tatting.

Lucca Tue 12-Jan-21 18:57:33

ixion

There, that's the spirit, AGA.
Just hope all the other Club members are as well-behaved as you.
Any suggestions for the inflight rule book?

No crafting on board.

Lucca Tue 12-Jan-21 18:55:42

lemongrove

Are you leaving us in Tuscany Lucca ?

No I’m intent on arriving in Sydney! A good friend to visit in Emilia romagna And in Tuscany en route though maybe ?

ixion Tue 12-Jan-21 18:53:29

That's a point - what sort of in-flight entertainment do we want?

Puzzler61 Tue 12-Jan-21 18:31:47

I’d be happy if our trip could take me back to the Gulf of Mexico and would offer Thor a tip if he gives me a manicure and pedicure en route. ?

lemongrove Tue 12-Jan-21 18:17:07

Thor will be offering his services en route if anyone is interested?

Missee Tue 12-Jan-21 17:13:20

I miss my DD and family in Tasmania but would love to stop off in my favourite country, India. In fact could the plane keep going round and round the world picking up dropping off. How lovely that would be smile

AGAA4 Tue 12-Jan-21 16:49:31

Ask Lemon. She keeps the Argy in good order ixion

ixion Tue 12-Jan-21 16:36:09

There, that's the spirit, AGA.
Just hope all the other Club members are as well-behaved as you.
Any suggestions for the inflight rule book?

AGAA4 Tue 12-Jan-21 16:33:01

Thank you for the can -apes ixion and the nice young chaps.
I will sit here quietly and read my Chippendale calendar.

Herbie9 Tue 12-Jan-21 16:30:10

Malta = I was in the Wrens in the 50's and worked at NATO.
Went to Sicily and would love to go back there too.

ixion Tue 12-Jan-21 16:29:08

No, AGA, we are not 'nearly there yet'.
We still have people arriving and we have to plan the itinerary on the basis of destinations required.
We have only one plane thus far, and this will be its virgin (as it were) journey. If successful, we could maybe expand the fleet.
In the meantime, settle yourself down in this nice First Class Lounge and enjoy the nibbles can-apes those nice young chaps are giving.

Jane10 Tue 12-Jan-21 16:23:52

Ooh I always fancied the Italian lakes. I may jump out at the same time as lemongrove.

4allweknow Tue 12-Jan-21 16:15:17

A stopover in Newfoundland please. Watch the whales playing and icebergs bobbing by from friends house. Then some time in Barbados, all travel having to be first class of course! I'm getting my suitcase from the attic now!

AGAA4 Tue 12-Jan-21 15:55:39

Thank you Lemon. Are they really ham? I will give you a cuckoo clock when I return from Switzerland.

lemongrove Tue 12-Jan-21 15:50:37

Here AGA have some of my sandwiches which I smuggled through customs (ham!)?

AGAA4 Tue 12-Jan-21 15:47:59

Have we got to Switzerland. Are we there yet? How much longer? Been on this plane for days and no food, Gordon Blue or otherwise

lemongrove Tue 12-Jan-21 15:46:44

Are you leaving us in Tuscany Lucca ?

lemongrove Tue 12-Jan-21 15:14:40

They’d give anyone the runs ixion?

lemongrove Tue 12-Jan-21 15:13:16

Possibly, but I thought Sirmione first and then work my way around....