Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Monday

(2 Posts)
Jaxjacky Mon 18-Jan-21 13:38:09

Hi Rufus, quite agree on the tennis menagerie, rules is rules. No problem with City, but United grate after infamous ‘Fergie time’ and so many support them rather than their local team. Bad weekend for Leeds and Saints, football eh!
Anyway, yes, rumblings on GN, I just keep my head down and sit on my hands if necessary, I don’t seek online confrontation.
Gearing up to go for a quick stretch of the legs on another grey day.
Stay safe. ?

Rufus2 Mon 18-Jan-21 12:56:36

Something is right with the world at last! Both Manchester teams Nos 1 and 2 on top of the EPL ladder. Hard luck, Leeds!
Whilst looking at results I was surprised to see Wayne Rooney is “only” 35.: would have sworn he was older than that; probably because he’s in the news regularly.
His pay-packet is “only” 2.6 million pounds! envy

Tennis is all the rage with many complaints on the “us and them” theme. If I heard it right there are over 1,200 tennis players and support staff here for the “Open” with many frustrated by severe quarantine lockdown conditions.. Not being a tennis fan, I’m cheering on our Premier Dan when he says “Tough; they knew the conditions they’d face”
Just because some are millionaires shouldn’t get them special priviliges when it comes to our health risks., especially when there are over 30,000 Aussies still overseas and can’t get home! sad

Georgesgran Thanks for that info. It’s amazing how one small item in a magazine i.e. Lucy’s Latin epitaph can quickly expand thanks to the Internet. I’d be absolutely lost otherwise.
Had a brief look at the Newstead Abbey site. Very interesting and I’ll go back there soon! Problem is it’s hard to resist going off along all the other avenues that pop up!

rafichagran Glad to see “awful” jokes make you smile, but not sure how you define “awful’!
I unearthed a few today which have been on GN since way back when and survived deletion, so maybe perhaps more smiles are in order seeing as how I read elsewhere quite a few memories are faulty!

Scientists say the universe is made up of Protons, Neutrons, and Electrons.
They forgot to mention Morons!

Weather cool today 21C max but according to forecast it will steadily ramp up to 38C by the week-end. you can’t say it’s monotonous!

I see another thread has disappeared without trace. Must ask GNHQ what went wrong.
Deletion of individual messages may be warranted (!?), but whole threads means that some relevant messages went down too!.

Sydney Test match is evenly poised, as they say, but there’s a high possibility of rain interrupting proceedings. May the best team win!

Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo