Gransnet forums

Chat

Corrie

(208 Posts)
BlueBelle Fri 22-Jan-21 19:53:03

Corrie in my opinion are making a real mess of their Corona take in the series
There is just no continuity at all, sometimes no one is wearing a mask or some are and some arent the ones that do wear then often seem to wear them in the street and take them off when they go in the shop!!! They have the masks that are on hanging from an ear or under a nose
The restaurants are opened for seated customers the pub is open
There’s no real sign of social distancing
Its really quite silly and would in my opinion have been better if they had ignored it altogether

Aveline Thu 19-Aug-21 13:26:54

Fiz. My tablet just has a mind of its own! It's a bit like a secretary I once had who sometimes refused to type letters I'd dictated as she didn't believe what I was saying as the behaviours I was describing were 'disgusting'!

Aveline Thu 19-Aug-21 13:23:34

I can well believe that love0c. Psychopaths can present very similarly. We came across a few over the years in our service. No easy answers for Fix and Tyrone.

love0c Thu 19-Aug-21 12:48:23

On a serious note I once worked with a child killer who had ben locked up for years. On being rehabilitated into society they oozed confidence and thought nothing of flirting with all the teachers. Indeed the teachers found them very intimidating. To sum up being locked up can and does cause very different problems. Some can be very dangerous.

Aveline Thu 19-Aug-21 12:35:04

Yes she did. Probably needs more of a secure institution.

Calendargirl Thu 19-Aug-21 12:20:17

Didn’t Hope go to a special school a while ago, after some other incident? That is where she came across the older daughter of John Stape, who tried to infiltrate herself into Hope’s life.

Aveline Thu 19-Aug-21 10:15:38

The storyline around Hope is very interesting and is being well done. She does seem to completely lack empathy. Even her Gran was shocked. She needs more formal support than poor Fiz could offer her. I expect she'll be sent to some sort of special school where I'd hope she'd get the input she needs.
Meanwhile, poor Fiz!

love0c Thu 19-Aug-21 09:13:19

I watch both Emmerdale and Corrie. Both ave some silly story lines from time to time. Regarding the masks situation, well I just ignore it. Just glad they have still been running.

Franbern Thu 19-Aug-21 09:05:43

Corrie does seem to get the very best out of their child actors. Hope is excellent, and I think that Fitz is also showing some great performances.
I thought that Hope's 'logic' was excellent scripting ' Alyna doesn't need a cot any more, so no harm done'!!!

I think that UK has one of the lowest ages of criminal responsibilty in Europe. Whereas, obviously young children who are 'seriously disturbed' need intervention and support, to have them sit in court for a trial, and be sentenced at that young age is horrific.

Calendargirl Thu 19-Aug-21 07:01:20

The girl playing Hope is very good, yes. The storyline is disturbing as of course she has a bit of history regarding fires.

Fiz admits that much as she loves her, she doesn’t know how to deal with it all and sometimes is frightened of her own little girl.

Doodledog Wed 18-Aug-21 22:48:17

I can't imagine Gail on her own in Thailand. It just doesn't fit with the character.

I am a bit uneasy about the Hope storyline. She's always been a bit . . . disturbed, and whilst I'm sure there are children like that, I worry that the fact that her father was a serial killer will give the impression that it is a hereditary predisposition. Maybe it is, for all I know, but I'm not sure that a soap is the best place to deal with issues as complex as that one.

Regardless of Hope, I do think that 10 years old is far too young to be sentenced to 10-12 years in a correctional facility, though. She does need help (or would if she were real), but taking her away from a caring loving family doesn't seem to me to be the best thing for her. Maybe if she were my daughter I'd think differently, though wink

BlueBelle Wed 18-Aug-21 22:40:37

Daisys a pretty girl and plays the part well but what a demon she is
I think Hope is playing a good part don’t you ?

Calendargirl Wed 18-Aug-21 22:07:24

How handsome Daniel now looks in Corrie. Must be his new shorter hair style. Do hope he isn’t taken in by the dastardly Daisy. Hope Ryan gets back with Alya.

Aveline Thu 08-Jul-21 14:40:21

It worked out ok for Deirdre with her Samir though. (Not so good for Samir obviously!)
It does seem an odd way to get rid of Gail.

Maggiemaybe Thu 08-Jul-21 14:27:14

He'd be number six, wouldn't he? As you say, poor sod!

Sarnia Thu 08-Jul-21 11:25:50

What's the betting she comes back with a toy boy? Poor sod. Someone should warn him about Gail's track record where husbands are concerned.

Maggiemaybe Thu 08-Jul-21 11:01:05

Gail’s got a wealthy brother in Italy, hasn’t she? It would have been a bit more believable if she’d gone to visit him for a bit, to convalesce, if they needed to get rid of her for whatever reason. What’s the betting she comes back with a toy boy?

Calendargirl Thu 08-Jul-21 09:31:03

Audrey had her 80th a while ago I think Lucca, so must be early 80’s now. I imagine she had Gail quite young, so Gail must be mid 60’s?

In RL, Helen Worth (Gail) is over 70 I think. Surely as they get older they must find it hard to remember all their lines?

Little Sam is one of the best actors. I’m sure I’ve spotted him in a tv advert, can’t recall which one, but not wearing glasses, I expect they are to make him look brainy.

Franbern Thu 08-Jul-21 08:47:47

Thailand at the moment is on the Amber list. Has Gail had her vaccinations - strange that nothing about vaccinations have been mentioned in Corrie. They really could do a good public service by getting all their over-18's on the cobbles having their jabs.
No way would Gail be permitted to go to Thailand at the moment. Lots of warnings about visiting that country - including thefact that they still have zika there, and quite a lot of civil unrest, etc.
Know writers may want to get rid of a character every so often, but would be good if they came up with a more believable stories.

vegansrock Thu 08-Jul-21 08:46:55

Gail left in the taxi on Tuesday’s Corrie which is on ITV hub, along with Fridays one which you can watch already.

Lucca Thu 08-Jul-21 08:45:59

How old is Gail supposed to be ? And Audrey ? She’ll be due a great great grandchild any minute ….

vegansrock Thu 08-Jul-21 08:44:45

Did I miss an explanation as to why Gail was going to Thailand of all places? I read that the actress who plays her had a row with a new scriptwriter who has come from Eastenders, and so has been written out. Maybe they’ll get rid of some of the other boring characters.

sodapop Thu 08-Jul-21 08:41:55

I think Gail has been to Thailand before Sparkling but well before Covid.

Sparkling Thu 08-Jul-21 08:25:50

Who on earth dreamt up Gail going to Thailand? No Covid, just out of hospital, apparently broke. Where to stay, with whom, what to do on her own there. Is she going touring a Covid free Thailand? I won’t be sorry to see her go. One minute they have masks on, next they are going across the world,

Grannynannywanny Thu 08-Jul-21 08:19:24

vegansrock I saw Sean Wilson who played Martin Platt being interviewed on tv a few years back. It was one of the weekend cookery programmes.

He trained to be a chef after leaving Corrie. Then went on to become an award winning cheese maker.

BlueBelle Thu 08-Jul-21 07:29:18

Has Gail left Corrie she did go off in the obliquity taxi
Poor old Gail she’s never been the best has she Well I m pretty sure she won’t have any insurance having just come out of hospital so perhaps she will get stuck