Gransnet forums

Chat

mystery puddings

(6 Posts)
PECS Tue 26-Jan-21 22:51:20

This morning, before breakfast my DH went out to feed the birds as he does each day & to bring in some logs for the fire. As he was walking back from the log shed he saw, on the snow, between the fence & the passenger side of my car a small box which he thought might have blown there. He picked it up and it was a pack of two Gu dessertsconfused We have not been shopping for weeks, the last shop we had delivered was last Wednesday... We live at the end of a cul de sac. I park quite close to the fence so not a natural pathway by that side of the car... was it manna from heaven? hmm

Callistemon Tue 26-Jan-21 23:11:03

Are they still in date?

crazyH Tue 26-Jan-21 23:15:43

As Callistemon says check the date - on the other hand, whatever the date, bin it - something stranger could happen ....

cornishpatsy Tue 26-Jan-21 23:21:07

How intriguing, I would say too heavy for a cat so presumably a fox but I wonder where they came from.

Elegran Wed 27-Jan-21 18:05:09

One day a couple of years ago, I found a lot of stuff strewn around my lawn. A shredded carrier bag, two empty foil readymeal containers with toothmarks, two unmarked lidded good quality plastic containers, one containing salad and the other fruit, and an intact unmarked banana. All perfectly new and fresh.

Using my little grey cells, I deduced that someone had put down a carrier containing that day's meal while they took other stuff into the house, but before they went back for it a fox had carried it off to my lawn to investigate. The ready meals were approved and eaten and the trays licked clean, but the sealed containers didn't give off any tasty smell so were ignored, and it seems the banana didn't appeal.

I threw out the food, but I washed the plastic boxes well and I'm using them still.

Aldom Wed 27-Jan-21 19:10:02

Eighteen months ago I opened the blind in my bedroom and saw a magnificent, large evergreen plant on the roof of the car on my driveway. The plant was obviously new and in a large, expensive container. My neighbours knew nothing about the plant. I asked around likely people who might have sent it to me. Nothing. I asked on local social media if a plant had gone missing from anyone's garden. Nothing. I still have this lovely plant. But where did it come from. A mystery.