Gransnet forums

Chat

What will you do?

(124 Posts)
Berylsgranny Wed 27-Jan-21 14:10:15

What is top of your list once this is all over?

Nannina Fri 29-Jan-21 00:33:37

Have (hopefully) Australian Christmas with family with fresh baked bread and milk. Of course i’ve missed family and friends but I am so fed up of frozen bread and milk

Grandma11 Thu 28-Jan-21 23:04:14

Hopefully we will rent a Beach house for a month up on the Yorkshire coast, I just cannot be bothered with all the Red tape involved in Travelling Abroad anymore! It will be large enough for our Daughters and Grandchildren to visit for a few days whilst we are there, and we can visit all our favourite places and Restaurants, and enjoy all the super fresh seafood straight off the boat, I love Fresh Crab, but living about as far away as possible from the Sea, it's usually very difficult to get any!

nadateturbe Thu 28-Jan-21 21:13:44

Visit my son daughter and friend in England.

Florida12 Thu 28-Jan-21 19:35:20

Be grateful.x

Americanpie Thu 28-Jan-21 18:59:29

Ceremoniously burn the face masks and drink champagne as the lots goes up in flames. Must remember not to set fire to the decking!

Roxie62 Thu 28-Jan-21 18:45:20

See my family and friends

marpau Thu 28-Jan-21 18:16:52

Walk on a hot beach

LauraNorder Thu 28-Jan-21 17:48:19

Happy belated birthday Harris ??

sodapop Thu 28-Jan-21 17:37:04

Foxglove Your day at the seaside would suit me down to the ground I can almost feel the sand on my toes. grin

Aepgirl Thu 28-Jan-21 16:57:13

Go to see my sister who I haven’t visited since November 2019.

Barmeyoldbat Thu 28-Jan-21 16:53:16

Just to be ablate get in a car and drive over to say Wales with the bikes and go for a lovely cycle ride and stop for a meal on the way home. Meet up with my son and adult gc for coffee and a natter.

Mumsyface Thu 28-Jan-21 16:35:28

We’re all agreed then - family and friends.

Polly4t42 Thu 28-Jan-21 16:22:37

Hug my family and best friend and celebrate all the missed special occasions.The funerals, weddings, Christmas with family, visiting family and friends and being able to get a cat as sadly we lost our beloved cat of 19 yrs just before COVID and though we got close to getting another rescue each time lockdown stopped us.

Codyodo Thu 28-Jan-21 16:20:32

Hug my daughter ?
See my sister and brother and celebrate all the birthdays etc we have missed.
Go back to Aqua, not doing anything like as much exercise , meet my ladies for coffee.
Meet my best friend who I haven’t seen for nearly 18 months and my besties from work .
Have you noticed it’s all to do with people, I hope when this is over we all remember what is important ??

aonk Thu 28-Jan-21 16:06:38

I’ve lost so much that I have was looking forward to over the last year. My “job” looking after the grandchildren, Christmas, Easter, VE Day, Remembrance Sunday, birthdays, holidays and time with friends and most importantly family. Now I just feel grateful for our health and live one day at a time. Sorry to introduce a sober note but I can’t take anymore disappointments.

minxie Thu 28-Jan-21 15:14:24

As soon as it’s allowed. My two boys and their partners are coming for a full proper Christmas Day. We still haven’t swapped prezzies. I don’t care if it’s a boiling hot July day. The tree will be up and the Christmas music will be on etc

luluaugust Thu 28-Jan-21 14:51:45

Just want to have a family get together like we did before and then catch up with friends. A holiday anywhere, probably UK, would be the icing on the cake. I agree that some people are going to find it hard to start leaving the house, I realised the other day that DH and I never go out alone now, oh dear perhaps we better start practising!

grannysyb Thu 28-Jan-21 14:44:50

Go out for a meal with DD and family, also with stepchildren and their families. Visit DS in York. Go back to sewing and upholstery classes, and if it looks reasonably safe go to Venice.

kgnw28225 Thu 28-Jan-21 14:26:46

I totally agree with you. This pandemic will have taken lots of older people’s confidence away to attempt doing what they took for granted before.

SusieFlo Thu 28-Jan-21 13:56:06

You could always wash it yourself Pinkarolina! ? I’ve never been brave enough to go to a car wash and always do it myself albeit very rarely ?

Harris27 Thu 28-Jan-21 13:54:00

It was my birthday yesterday and. Could see no one so sad but has made me realise how much we need each other friends and family.

Harris27 Thu 28-Jan-21 13:53:08

Breathe fresh air see my grandchildren and set on with my life!

Frosty60 Thu 28-Jan-21 13:45:21

Go out with my family to celebrate all the lockdown birthdays we missed, my daughter, sons, his partners, husbands, our adopted sons and my 2 granddaughters and mine.
Go for a walk on a beach to blow off all the cobwebs.
Visit my sister and family who live near Bristol approximately 200 miles from us.

GrauntyHelen Thu 28-Jan-21 13:33:32

Visit my family who I haven't seen since December 2019 Go out with friends and get some respite from my caring responsibilities

Joesoap Thu 28-Jan-21 13:33:31

Have a BBQ with my entire family and huge hugs all round,I hope it will be this coming summer