Gransnet forums

Chat

PJ's

(111 Posts)
EvieJ Thu 28-Jan-21 12:43:54

How many of you stay in your PJ's for the day?

Sometimes i do, but its not usually my style smile

Mollygo Sun 31-Jan-21 15:30:27

Glammanana, I’d stay in pjs all day -I think I’ve already said, but like you I only wear pj tops, so when I get up I may shower and then put pj bottoms on.

glammanana Sun 31-Jan-21 12:09:25

I only sleep in PJ tops or t-shirts never bottoms I get too hot,when I get on I put on a cotton dressing gown and do any house work that needs doing before showering and putting on lounge wear for the day,I have three different sets which I have bought over the lockdown periods and they are so comfortable and acceptable if anyone calls or I have to answer the door.

Esspee Sun 31-Jan-21 11:55:11

Come to think of it I don’t have PJs and the only nighties I have are in my “hospital bag”.

maydonoz Sun 31-Jan-21 11:50:08

No, I don't wear pjs during the day, up and dressed before breakfast but always wear comfy bottoms indoors. When going out I just change into my comfy trousers, it's all about comfort for me.

MayBee70 Sat 30-Jan-21 15:52:38

Well, I leapt out of bed this morning, got dressed quickly so I could get a nice long walk into the dog before the Tesco delivery arrived only to see the dog holding up her paw and looking lame. So that was that. Might as well of stayed in my jimjams. All dressed up and nowhere to go.

Keffie12 Sat 30-Jan-21 00:39:36

If I'm not going anywhere and no one coming round, I get up, shower, do my hair etc and put fresh P.J'S on or lounge wear as a lot is called.

If a friend is coming round I will pull house clothing on, but leave bra off. I will also put some basic makeup on

Dianehillbilly1957 Fri 29-Jan-21 22:26:43

Only if I'm ill! Can't stand it, I have to be showered and dressed ready for whatever the day is going to throw at me!!

Galaxy Fri 29-Jan-21 20:49:43

I am laughing at instructions to wear make up ones, I have a lot of friends who never wear make up, they look great.

jerseygirl Fri 29-Jan-21 20:45:52

Never, I can't get going until i have a shower and get dressed

Patsy70 Fri 29-Jan-21 20:35:58

It is not good for self esteem and I would encourage anyone to get up at a reasonable hour, shower, dress, put on blusher & lip gloss and do hair - at least! Go out in the garden or for a walk in the fresh air.

Harris27 Fri 29-Jan-21 19:36:11

My sister has been doing this since beginning of lockdown . Nit for me though I like to be up and dressed for the day.no couldn’t just sit around all day doing nothing. I do have a late morning on a sat and Sunday but still get dressed I. Comfortable clothes.

debgaga Fri 29-Jan-21 19:17:24

It’s absolutely fine to wear whatever you feel
most comfortable in, depending on your own circumstances. There are no rules. Be comfortable. Be happy. We are all doing the best that we can .

Elvis58 Fri 29-Jan-21 18:41:47

Tried it twice over lockdowns made me feel depressed.So no would be my answer.l get up washed ,dressed and minimal make up makes me feel better.

cupcake1 Fri 29-Jan-21 17:57:26

No never! I brush my teeth, shower and wash my hair, dry it and put on some eye makeup going out or not. Makes me feel so much better and you never know (heaven forbid) if you had an emergency and ended up having to go to the hospital you would at least look respectable!

westwoodirene1215 Fri 29-Jan-21 17:13:32

Only to lunch time

Misha14 Fri 29-Jan-21 15:45:09

I get dressed every morning. Home schooling via Skype means that I put on makeup and earrings too, though I'd do that anyway. Choosing what to wear adds a bit of excitement.

Greciangirl Fri 29-Jan-21 15:41:10

No, definitely not.

That is so grungy. And grubby.

Dressing gown all day, No, no. No.

PaperMonster Fri 29-Jan-21 15:10:16

No. I need to have a shower, wash my hair and dress in day clothes. My daughter likes to stay in her nightie sometimes- but I won’t let her do her Zoom classes in nightwear!!

PipandFinn Fri 29-Jan-21 15:02:03

Same as Bluebelle......

moggie57 Fri 29-Jan-21 14:58:24

I get dressed I don't like staying in my pjs

rafichagran Fri 29-Jan-21 14:49:34

Showered and dressed by 13,15. I always to my housework in night dress. I have clean night clothes on every day.
I could not stay in night clothes all day as I would feel tired by association. It does not bother me if people do though as they can make their own desitions.

mar76 Fri 29-Jan-21 14:49:07

Up at 7am. Downstairs in keep fit gear and do my exercises. Then shower wash hair. Get dressed, do hair, makeup, dab of perfume and good to go BUT WHERE? but feel good. Off for my jab today so will get dressed for that.

grandtanteJE65 Fri 29-Jan-21 14:40:40

sorry should have read !I feel not exactly ill"
I push post instead of preview.

grandtanteJE65 Fri 29-Jan-21 14:39:32

I dress as soon as I get up in the morning.

I think this is due to the fact that I had long periods of illness as a child and when I was allowed out of bed again, it was in my nightie, dressing gown and slippers at first.

So if I go around in my night clothes I feel is not exactly ill, as if I was back in the days of being a poorly child.

GoldenLady Fri 29-Jan-21 14:28:13

No, that would be too depressing. But my "daytime" clothes aren't all that different from PJ's, to tell the truth. When I'm just staying home by myself (which is most of the time,} I just wear loose casual clothing with only one thing in mind: comfort.