Gransnet forums

Chat

The changing face of Gransnet?

(1001 Posts)
ixion Sat 30-Jan-21 14:42:20

I am a 'lockdown-joiner' to this forum, welcoming the opportunity join in with others who are similarly 'shut inside'.

I have been wondering whether people have found that the site has changed in any way over the last year?

Themes/quantity of posts/membership/patience/tolerance?

Just curious!

GagaJo Wed 03-Feb-21 07:06:09

Can't do that BlueBelle. Sorry. Not my thing. Have a good day.

BlueBelle Wed 03-Feb-21 07:04:57

Ahh yawn Stretch, had another little snooze Did you sleep well gaga ?

GagaJo Wed 03-Feb-21 07:01:39

How to get rid of annoying posters in one easy lesson. Turn a thread into an online fantasy thread.

BlueBelle Wed 03-Feb-21 04:44:54

Ahhhhhhh stretch, yawn, stretch, fires a bit low, blimey there’s some funny noises going on sounds like a bull frog mating. going for a quick tiddle never can get through the night

FannyCornforth Wed 03-Feb-21 04:40:22

Hello folks.
Early yesterday morning I said that it might be a good idea to 'give it a rest.'
Somewhat inevitably, several people had a pop at me about this.

Just to clarify - I thought (and, to a certain degree, still think) that the more pressure that is put upon GNHQ now, the less likely it is that they will back down about Maw's situation. I think that perhaps a 'cooling off' period all round wouldn't be such a bad idea.

I actually 'know' Maw a little bit more than you credit; Maw has sent me some incredibly kind and thoughtful PM's, and she has shown support for me in other ways too.
Trust me, I would love to see Maw's return as much as everyone else here.

I have also made this very clear to HQ.

(Maw, if you are reading this, and if you still have my email address, please get in touch if and when you would like to. I really do hope that you are okay thankswinesunshineshamrock)

Rosie51 Wed 03-Feb-21 00:53:17

My last sit-in was long before my hips gave way, but I'll squiggle into a corner if I may? Night night all.

Blossoming Wed 03-Feb-21 00:42:17

Night Jim Bob

LauraNorder Wed 03-Feb-21 00:07:07

Night Mary Ellen

LauraNorder Wed 03-Feb-21 00:06:24

Good placard Lucca like how you’ve put AMNESTY in big bold letters.

Kalu Wed 03-Feb-21 00:06:16

Night, John boy.

Kalu Wed 03-Feb-21 00:03:42

LauraNorder ???

Nannytopsy Wed 03-Feb-21 00:03:06

Is that a train? Oh sorry Dragonfly I didn’t realise it was you. ?
Right, the fire is banked up with nutty slack, so that should see us through till morning. Night night x

LauraNorder Wed 03-Feb-21 00:02:51

Welcome djkunes, it’s a long night of protest against injustice. Be sure to find the thread that follows in the morning.
Who’s snoring Lucca, BlueBelle, Doodle is it you.

LauraNorder Wed 03-Feb-21 00:00:03

His name is Andy
Andy sang as he watched
Andy waited by the billabong

LauraNorder Tue 02-Feb-21 23:57:30

ixion it was your thread, are you happy to open up again when the lights go out*
Lovely voices everyone, loving my big warm blanket
Take it from here nanna8 ???Waltzing Matilda.
Do you know the name of the jolly swagman?
Anybody?

Djkunes Tue 02-Feb-21 23:56:51

I just joined today. Not really sure how this works or if it’s a good site to create new friendships but I am looking for any great ideas and tips!

Blossoming Tue 02-Feb-21 23:43:15

I’ve got mt fluffy socks on, I’m cushy ?

Doodle Tue 02-Feb-21 23:37:35

Nice cozy fire going. We seem to have adequate supplies of food. Blanket, pillows. I am channeling Swampy. Remember him. In for the long haul here.
Should we did a tunnel? Put another log on the fire someone.

grandmajet Tue 02-Feb-21 23:22:45

Thanks Bluebelle, I’m so comfortable I nodded off there for a few minutes. Are there any cheese straws left? I’m a bit peckish now.

Eloethan Tue 02-Feb-21 23:17:11

These sorts of threads and so predictable. It isn't long before people start airing their grievances about supposedly rude or unpleasant posters - never named, of course. Why on earth they don't just deal with any perceived rudeness at the time I don't understand

I believe I have been on Gransnet for about seven years and I don't see many of the names from back then. That's just the way it goes in any group or club.

Kalu Tue 02-Feb-21 23:14:26

Lucca Fairwell Angelina was the first single I bought with my pocket money. I still love listening to her.

Kalu Tue 02-Feb-21 23:11:48

G’day, Nanna8 forget about the blooming washing. Come and join us. Now, what’s your tipple?

Kalu Tue 02-Feb-21 23:08:51

Gransnet at it’s best. One for all and all for one.
Thankfully Maw will still be able to read GN and will be enjoying the fun along with us. ?Just keep her topped up if you don’t mind folks.

Blossoming Tue 02-Feb-21 23:08:28

I have a jeroboam of a fine Shiraz, that should keep us going for a while.

nanna8 Tue 02-Feb-21 23:06:09

Don’t worry, I’ll keep you all going because it is daytime here!
Can’t be stuffed hanging out the washing, this is far more interesting.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion