Gransnet forums

Chat

Last night I dreamed I went to Manderlay...

(31 Posts)
Alishka Sat 30-Jan-21 20:04:48

Or, after being self-isolating and locked down since last March, Homebasegringringrin
I walked round, I browsed, I bought a few things (mainly cushions iirc) it was so bloody vivid.
Then I woke up,and, because I actually can't walk any more, used my walker to go slowly to the bathroom, back, got into bed, re-adjusted my pillows!, and drifted off again...

Anyone else having vivid (and possibly unrealistic) dreams?

Sara1954 Sun 31-Jan-21 13:28:29

Alishka
I’m not a dog person, but Deidre was so lovable, that I almost want to rush out and buy one.

Alishka Sun 31-Jan-21 12:27:27

I'd love to have a miniature sausage dog named Deidregrin

Peasblossom Sun 31-Jan-21 12:26:20

Last night I dreamed I was getting married for the second time.

My choice of outfits was

An old lace dress that was torn and had gone yellow in patches

A navy jumpsuit that was so tight I couldn’t do the zip up

A dark brown shalwar kemeez in upholstery fabric with workman’s boots

Guess which one I chose before I woke up??

Sara1954 Sun 31-Jan-21 12:20:05

Alexa
They were the quite small type that you find in corners, not grotesque, but certainly not something you would want in your hair.
Last night I dreamed I bought a miniature sausage dog for one of my grandchildren, who most certainly wouldn’t have wanted one, she was £500 and she was called Deidre.

Alishka Sun 31-Jan-21 12:12:26

btw, I wish we could edit our posts.
I meant to write 'ManderlEy' NOT 'ManderlAy'. Daphne du Maurier would be turning in her grave...

Alishka Sun 31-Jan-21 12:03:03

I grew fond of woodlice when we rented a cottage when we first moved to the UK and saw them there.
I called them baby armadillosgrin

Alexa Sun 31-Jan-21 09:16:10

Grandmajet, you must have a passionate husband!

Alexa Sun 31-Jan-21 09:14:11

Sara1954 wrote:
---last night I dreamed that one of my daughters had head lice so badly, that it was like her whole head was infested with wood lice, ---"

A lot depends on what wood lice means to you. Do you know about actual wood lice how they inhabit damp , rotting wood?

Was the image horrifying or pleasant? (Some people actually quite like wood lice.)

Dreams sometimes make puns; maybe it was 'would' lice.
Are you worried about daughter's intentions or plans?

FarNorth Sun 31-Jan-21 01:51:53

I've been having annoying dreams recently. They are in humdrum situations and someone is rude or unpleasant to me in some way.

My theory is that the 'sorting out' function of my night-time brain is drastically short of information because nothing much has happened, so it dredges up some old stuff and tries to make it more interesting with the insults! shock

Dragonella Sat 30-Jan-21 23:17:34

Frantically scratching my head after hearing your dream, Sara!

granfromafar Sat 30-Jan-21 23:10:38

I don't often remember dreams but last night's was so odd it stuck in my mind. I met up with a former colleague and was surprised to discover he had 12 children and lived in a massive country house! ( In fact he has 3 sons and lives in a semi.)
My OH often has vivid dreams where he calls out and thrashes about. Drives me mad!

grandmajet Sat 30-Jan-21 23:07:42

I thought it was just me! I dreamt that my husband swapped my fiesta for a huge jaguar which I was afraid to drive. I woke up furious with him.
I’ve forgiven him now - it was a week ago!

Blossoming Sat 30-Jan-21 23:04:45

I always do have vivid, surreal dreams. I should really write them down!

Callistemon Sat 30-Jan-21 23:03:43

Anniebach

I now fear going to bed because of bad dreams,

I've had some very odd ones lately, Anniebach

Before this I rarely remembered any, except for those where I was desperately searching for a loo with a door.

ginny Sat 30-Jan-21 22:59:02

I have vivid dreams and in the last few weeks they have increased. Last night and the previous night I woke up shouting and crying. Gave DH a real fright. He should be used to it after 40 odd years. I can only think that it is my sub conscious trying to sorting out
whatever is going on in my life and the feelings that I suppress when I am awake.

Alishka Sat 30-Jan-21 21:54:12

Woodlice, Sara?? What, was your dream daughter a woodentop?grin
So, it seems that I'm not alone with my weird dreams...wonder what tonight will bring..
Sleep well tonight, everybody, and sweet dreamssmile

Anniebach Sat 30-Jan-21 21:52:47

I now fear going to bed because of bad dreams,

Sarahmob Sat 30-Jan-21 21:47:28

Callistemon I hope that sayings true as last night I dreamt I was in Venice with a friend. We had a wonderful walk around this beautiful city. It would be lovely to think of it coming true ?

Sara1954 Sat 30-Jan-21 21:10:07

I’m worried now, last night I dreamed that one of my daughters had head lice so badly, that it was like her whole head was infested with wood lice, and I told her this morning.

annodomini Sat 30-Jan-21 21:10:06

I have vivid dreams, mostly involving family and friends, some of whom are no more. Quite often I am trying to find my way about a building or town I have no knowledge of. Another common theme is about exams which is odd because I didn't usually fear them, but in dreams I'm turning up late or facing questions I haven't revised for! Next year, it will be 60 years since I graduated.

Callistemon Sat 30-Jan-21 21:00:09

keepingquiet

Vivid dreams are very common in isolation. I have them all the time. My dreams are mostly doing activities I used to do and then remembering the pandemic and waking up in a panic because I got too close to people! Strange times.

Alishka I'm not telling you last night's dream because apparently:
"Friday night's dream on Saturday told Is sure to come true - be it ever so old." ...

I hope you get to Homebase before too long!

BlueSky Sat 30-Jan-21 20:36:47

Love those opening lines. Thought it was going to be about ‘Rebecca’.

25Avalon Sat 30-Jan-21 20:25:14

Keepingquiet me too.

tanith Sat 30-Jan-21 20:20:32

I’m also having vivid dreams the last week I don’t normally recall dreams but these have been about friends and relatives no longer in my life, weird.

Viridian Sat 30-Jan-21 20:17:37

My dreams are more vivid than usual. I live on my own. I dreamt I was with my son and his small children and we were able to blow up big balloons and two of us could put our heads in one balloon, to talk. All the more odd because they are in my bubble anyway! I've also dreamt of meeting friends, one of whom gave me a big hug and I could strongly smell the fabric conditioner on her jumper and feel the softness.