Gransnet forums

Chat

Insomnia

(3 Posts)
polomint Wed 03-Feb-21 00:08:26

Hi if you cant sleep there is a thread called night owl in chat forum. Maybe if you waken in the hours you can have a little chat with anyone else who is awake

Toadinthehole Tue 02-Feb-21 19:00:06

My menopause was kicked off with insomnia, although I didn’t know it at the time. Still having regular periods, and everything else the same. I was prescribed a sleeping pill, but then found out about magnesium supplements. I found they really helped, and only needed the sleeping pill very rarely.

Five years on, I tended to get episodes of insomnia followed by episodes of good sleep. Once in established pre menopause, other things were keeping me awake....being too hot, restless etc.

Now it all seems to be over....but still can get insomnia. I’ve tried white noise...the brown version if that makes sense. It’s a lower frequency for ‘ older’ ears! I also eat a banana or tomatoes before bed, as they have melatonin. Hot milk and nutmeg is also good.

I’m sure others will come along with other remedies. It’s such a nuisance isn’t it. It makes the next day a waste of time somehow. Hope you find something that works.

Kswainson16 Tue 02-Feb-21 02:40:15

Who suffers with not needing sleep on an evening then having to sleep lots to catch up.? Or is it the other way round? Sleeping too much ? Seems to me like apostle menopausal thing.smile