Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(136 Posts)
12Michael Fri 05-Feb-21 06:08:38

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark ,and looks cold and frosty outside this morning here in Brackley .
Having returned from 8 days in Hospital , which started with a mini heart attack , heart rate 191 , I was rushed to the banbury Horton Hospital , where I have undergone various, blood tests etc , with slight changes in medication due to condition , The Hospital was not one of the most enjoyable places to be thanks to Covid , but the NHS ticks on regardless .
I did get tested 3 times whilst there all negative .
Have returned a mail backlog both online and normal post , have to arrange my jab as well .
Take Care ,
Mick

Sparklefizz Fri 05-Feb-21 18:59:02

Auntieflo - you're in my thoughts, and also Georgesgran - special thoughts for you and your husband with your worries about his tumour. flowers

Auntieflo Fri 05-Feb-21 18:48:03

Oh my word, I am overwhelmed with all the beautiful messages of support and best wishes.
Gransnet come to the rescue again. ?

Thank you all who have responded to my news, and I am so grateful to everybody.

Gagagran, I have had lots of PM's , so do not understand why you were prevented from sending one. I certainly haven't done anything to do that.
Actually I wouldn't know how to ?

Nannagarra Fri 05-Feb-21 18:43:45

Auntieflo ?. There is considerable positivity in many of the posts responding to your news today. Please hold onto this, though it may not be easy for you at the moment. We’re here for you. x

GrannyGravy13 Fri 05-Feb-21 18:33:01

Auntieflo it’s a lot of news to take in, be gentle with yourself and let others take care of you flowers

dustyangel Fri 05-Feb-21 17:49:51

Personally I’d go with the baklava. Wishing you well Auntie Flo ?

ixion Fri 05-Feb-21 17:40:48

auntieFlo ?

Sheepandcattle Fri 05-Feb-21 17:28:57

AuntieFlo just want to echo what others have said before me and much better. Stay strong and keep eating walnut whips - I’m sure they contain some miraculous medicinal qualities! Best wishes.

NannyJan53 Fri 05-Feb-21 17:26:42

Auntieflo so sorry to hear the news wasn't what you hoped for. I endorse everything Urmston said. Wishing you well flowers

baubles Fri 05-Feb-21 17:09:44

Auntiflo thanks

rozina Fri 05-Feb-21 17:08:22

Just lovely to have Mick back on here and out of hospital

Gagagran Fri 05-Feb-21 17:01:43

Auntieflo I tried to PM you but apparently you are not taking PMs just now.

I wanted to send my kindest regards and thoughts to you. Remember Captain Tom's motto - "Tomorrow will be a good day" and try and hang on to that. There will be a treatment plan very soon and you can be sure that your medical team will do their very best for you.

Sending a virtual hug along with these virtual flowers.flowersx

gillgran Fri 05-Feb-21 16:57:34

*Auntieflo]So sorry that you didn't get the news we had all hoped for.
I do hope that you get the treatment plan that is best for you.
Kind thoughts & warm wishes, flowers

Grammaretto Fri 05-Feb-21 16:48:52

I was sorry to hear your news too Auntieflo and hope the treatment plan works well for you. There is so much that can be done now. Cancer is not the death sentence it used to be.
New treatments are being developed all the time.
I am glad you are being looked after flowers

grandMattie Fri 05-Feb-21 16:29:06

Auntieflo, sorry to hear your news. At least you know why you are in pain. I’m sure, especially since the doctors were so kind, that you will receive best treatment. Good luck ????

LauraNorder Fri 05-Feb-21 16:21:07

flowers Auntieflo, you must be feeling shell shocked at the moment. Glad to hear a treatment plan is in the offing. Everything Urmstongran said is true.
I’m thinking of you and wish you all the very best x

Jaxjacky Fri 05-Feb-21 16:14:03

Aubtieflo a lot to take in, but an empathetic Dr and a treatment plan on the way. My best wishes to you ?

Stilllearning Fri 05-Feb-21 15:51:00

Auntieflo, sending ?? and prayers. Glad there is a treatment plan being put in place, best wishes x

Harris27 Fri 05-Feb-21 15:29:02

Just read auntieflos thread and wish her well. I’ve always had such excellent care from the NHS so I hope you do too.x

Pantglas2 Fri 05-Feb-21 15:21:31

So sad to read your news AuntieFlo ? and I’m sure your DH and DD will fill in the gaps of what you took in - take it easy x

Harris27 Fri 05-Feb-21 15:20:31

Coming late to the show. Welcome back mick and glad to hear your doing ok. I do post occasionally and missed your morning thread. Look after yourself and glad you got the treatment you needed in these worrying times. I’m still off work isolating day ten is Sunday but won’t be dashing out till I need to. Take care all.

brook2704 Fri 05-Feb-21 15:16:34

Sorry to hear your worrying news auntieflo and I hope you get the best treatment possible ?

Grandmabatty Fri 05-Feb-21 15:14:26

Auntieflo ?. I'm sorry you didn't have better news.

Scottydog6857 Fri 05-Feb-21 15:12:17

Glad to hear you are making a recovery from your heart problems, and I wish you all the best for your continuing recovery! ?
I myself had a similar experience, having recently been diagnosed with unstable angina! I was sent up to the hospital for tests, investigations etc. and they wanted me to stay in! However, I made it quite clear to my GP before going up there, that under no circumstances was I staying in hospital as an inpatient! ?
I am a retired Senior Nurse with a career spanning over 30 years and I was a Ward Sister before I was out of my 20s! I had to retire early due to health problems. I absolutely hate being retired, over 60 and I take as little medication as I can get away with! ?? I have had the misfortune to have to be in hospital twice in the last 2 years, and I wasn't one bit impressed with the care I received, or what I saw other patients receive! ?. The only way I will be going back into hospital is if I am unconscious! I have an Advance Decision to Refuse Treatment set up, which includes a DNR order, and my family are fully aware of my wishes.
Not everyone feels the way I do, and I don't expect them to! ?. I am an only child and lost both my parents to cancer at an age younger than I am now. My father only lived 14 months from diagnosis, despite aggressive treatment. As a result, when my mum got cancer, she refused all treatment (she was a nurse, like myself). She lasted a lot longer than my dad, and even although she was terminally ill, she managed to look after herself and live independently. However, she then had a heart attack, at home!? The paramedics were called out by her GP and on the way to hospital, she had a cardiac arrest! ? Despite the fact she was terminally ill, she had CPR carried out, and sustained 5 broken ribs. She was then forced to endure a hospital stay of 8 weeks, where the terminal care she received was zero - until I intervened, the day before she passed away! ???
It's been well over 20 years since I lost my mum, but to this day I am traumatised by what she endured in her final weeks. ?. My mum was of a generation where women were taught not to complain, and she was very much a lady! Thankfully, I am nothing like her! ?.
I am aware that I can be a difficult customer, but no healthcare professional is going to force me to have treatment that I neither want or need! I am nearly 64, so I do hope to be on this Earth for a little bit longer, but in my experience, sometimes the treatment is worse than the actual illness! Having the level of knowledge that I do sometimes has its disadvantages! Sending you every good wish for the future! ?

Cat4 Fri 05-Feb-21 14:51:45

Lovely to see you're back Mick. My first post on this thread but read it every day (not always in the morning). I really enjoy reading about everyone’s days.

Sparklefizz Fri 05-Feb-21 14:37:53

Auntieflo I have just read your post and am so sorry to hear that you've had bad news this morning. I am a two-times cancer survivor myself so I understand the shock and sickening feeling at being given this news.

Many people live with cancer these days which once upon a time would not have been the case. A friend is now living with the one that killed my Dad 20 years ago, and is strong and pretty fit.

As Urms says above, it's good news that your medical team are putting together a treatment package for you which is a very positive step. The technology is astonishing these days, and I hope you can benefit from it and carry on for many more years.

My very warmest wishes to you. flowers flowers flowers