Gransnet forums

Chat

Do you talk in your sleep?

(27 Posts)
vampirequeen Sat 13-Feb-21 09:34:30

I do most nights. Apparently last night I declared, "I do NOT want to go to Transylvania!" grin grin grin

Jodieb Sun 14-Feb-21 13:17:01

Oh, that was so funny. VampireQueen, Notinthemanual and Framibole you had me in tears as i shouted the same F....you recently!
Who would have thought Grannies would have used that word once upon a time? grin

timetogo2016 Sun 14-Feb-21 12:41:04

Yes i do talk in my sleep,i also sleep walk.
Funnily enough two of my g/son`s do the same,as did my brother.

Txquiltz Sun 14-Feb-21 01:46:06

When I am very tired I carry on conversation as though I was at work. I’ve been retired for several years.

hollysteers Sun 14-Feb-21 01:36:36

I know I do ‘operatic’ snoring as my late husband could vouch for and the DC used to say they could hear me from the other end of the house. No wonder I’m exhausted in the morning.
My mother used to give me a fright on holiday by stopping breathing in the middle of a massive snore. Spent the next day sightseeing walking round like a zombie?

mokryna Sat 13-Feb-21 23:31:53

My eldest daughter talked in her sleep when she was small, in English when she was shouting at her younger sister and in French when talking to her friends.

Happyme Sat 13-Feb-21 21:54:59

Ooh I hope not blush

Notinthemanual Sat 13-Feb-21 21:47:57

One morning, years ago, I was asked if I was chasing rabbits last night. Apparently, I had been barking.

Jomarie Sat 13-Feb-21 18:05:38

I do and always have done - not bothered about it now as I sleep alone as OH snores like a trouper - suits us both now and stops silly arguments over who disturbed who the most grin

ayse Sat 13-Feb-21 17:59:27

Only when I have a nightmare which fortunately is rare. DH finds it difficult to wake me up as I’m generally a very solid sleeper

Alioop Sat 13-Feb-21 17:57:17

Yes have done since childhood. I used to drive the family mad on caravan holidays as I chatted all night long and kept them all awake. When my friends and I went in our girly holidays they used to say I gave all my secrets away when I was asleep!

Davida1968 Sat 13-Feb-21 16:13:06

For some reason, I'm reminded of the Crystal Gayle song: "Talking in your Sleep"......

Framilode Sat 13-Feb-21 15:49:11

Not only have I always talked in my sleep but I shout and use swear words that I would never normally use.

I sleep with the window open and sometimes wake myself up shouting F--- Off at the top of my voice. The neighbours must love me.

On a more serious note, I tend to talk in my sleep more when I am anxious about something.

JackyB Sat 13-Feb-21 15:35:29

I don't but I sometimes have to move out to get away from DH shouting. DS1 used to flail and wriggle and now his son seems to do it, too. He has broken bedside lamps and tipped over closed mugs of water when sleeping over at ours.

But everyone's posts so far have given me a good laugh. I wonder why some people do it and some don't. My sister sleeps literally like a log. You can't even hear her breathing.

Greyduster Sat 13-Feb-21 13:16:19

DH does, regularly. It’s the same old rubbish he talks when he’s awake!?.

Elusivebutterfly Sat 13-Feb-21 13:15:21

I used to talk in my sleep but being single don't know if I still do. My DH used to say I was much better when off work - stress aggravated it. As a child I also sleep walked sometimes.

vampirequeen Sat 13-Feb-21 13:08:10

Forgot to say that I snore like an elephant seal with bronchitis grin

bikergran Sat 13-Feb-21 11:30:26

There are apps you can download, sleep apps.

Records everything sleep, talk, snoring etc.
Shows everything on a graph and you can play it back (if you have time to listen to several hours) hmm

vampirequeen Sat 13-Feb-21 11:19:55

I'm so glad it's not just me. I make my DH's night time life a nightmare. I talk, cry, laugh, whimper, sit up, sleep walk, get cold and take all the quilt or more often get too hot (post menopausal) and throw the whole quilt onto him. I also have restless legs so I even disturb him before I fall asleep.

Septimia Sat 13-Feb-21 10:31:20

Apparently I talk in my sleep too. The first I knew of it was when I was about 15 and was staying with my aunt. She told me that I said 'Oooh, he's nice!' I dread to think what I was dreaming about.

DH often says that I've been talking in my sleep although I don't remember, of course. I assume I haven't said anything incriminating. He doesn't talk, he just starts running and accidentally kicks me in the process!

harrigran Sat 13-Feb-21 10:17:25

I have always walked and talked in my sleep and sometimes wake myself shouting or screaming, the most recent was me shouting MASK.

BlueBelle Sat 13-Feb-21 10:14:38

Well I did use to but as no one sleeps with me now I don’t know if I still do ?

Urmstongran Sat 13-Feb-21 10:11:12

Apparently I whimper ....
?

Marydoll Sat 13-Feb-21 10:08:45

I often shout in my sleep. DH is not amused. wink

Grandmabatty Sat 13-Feb-21 09:53:10

My exh recorded me once. He had a conversation with me and I was fast asleep. He recorded me as I wouldn't believe him. I was talking about the bears in the garden and they were eating all the peaches.

Aldom Sat 13-Feb-21 09:46:27

Many years ago, in my sleep I sat up in bed and said 'the washing machine is on fire'. My husband went down to check. Returned to find me fast asleep.