Gransnet forums

Chat

Megan and Harry again!

(1001 Posts)
Newatthis Sun 21-Feb-21 12:15:54

Can someone please enlighten me in letting me know what was wrong in Harry and meghan saying "service is universal"? Surely it is. We also like to help each other and provide a service to each other when we can, that's what I'd like to believe anyway. Isn't this what they meant? There's seems to be a lot of H & M bashing again over this, however, it's all gone quiet over Prince Andrew's alleged sexual relationship with an underage girl. Am I missing something?

Mollygo Sun 28-Feb-21 17:01:26

1000!

Mollygo Sun 28-Feb-21 17:00:46

Three posts to go . . . Well two now!
Get your thoughts in quickly-or save them till the new one starts!???

tickingbird Sun 28-Feb-21 17:00:44

Did I lower it enough? On scones and baking now as it took so long to type on my phone!

Is this the 1000th?

tickingbird Sun 28-Feb-21 16:58:40

Well things have moved on since I last visited this thread. It’s been several hours but quite fascinating to see the twists and turns as it’s meandered along. Charity work and prostitutes?!

At the end of the day there is only any interest in this couple because Harry’s royal. We’ll never know if the Queen did buy a waffle iron for Archie as the Queen doesn’t respond. H&M can basically say what they want and it’s doubtful there’ll be any kind of response from this side. I think the interview, rather like the book, is their way of responding to all the criticism and probable untruths published about
them. I just find it odd that Harry’s doing open top bus interviews, knowing it will be all over the papers here whilst at the same time moaning about the press being so toxic he had to get his family “outta here”. Wonder how long it will be before the press over there becomes toxic and he needs to get them “outta” there?

NellG Sun 28-Feb-21 16:54:18

Just crumbs of information now...

Alegrias1 Sun 28-Feb-21 16:52:19

They are very nice looking scones.

I think this thread's a scone-r.

Sorry. I'll leave now.....

Smileless2012 Sun 28-Feb-21 16:51:31

Nellgrinonly if we start chucking them at one another and that would be a terrible waste of Ellainne's delicious looking buns.

NellG Sun 28-Feb-21 16:49:16

Ellianne that was not fair! Now I want scones and I don't have any, or the means of making any. ?

If we end the thread with cake, does that make it a bun fight?

Alegrias1 Sun 28-Feb-21 16:45:54

Oh I didn't bake it. I have no baking talent! It was Tesco's best!

Ellianne Sun 28-Feb-21 16:44:30

Any chance of some Walnut cake at the GN viewing Alegrias?
I'll do some scones.
90 minutes is s long time.

NellG Sun 28-Feb-21 16:36:27

We have 9 posts left to seriously lower the tone!

Smileless2012 Sun 28-Feb-21 16:30:07

Sounds yummy, I like coffee and walnut.

Alegrias1 Sun 28-Feb-21 16:27:53

Yes thank you Smileless2012. Had some walnut cake too. Yum. wink

Smileless2012 Sun 28-Feb-21 16:25:26

Not yet but don't worry I'm sure there'll be another one once the interview has been broadcast Alegrias. Did you enjoy your brew?

Alegrias1 Sun 28-Feb-21 16:17:33

This thread goes from strength to strength! ?

Are we at 1,000 yet?

NellG Sun 28-Feb-21 15:52:44

Ah, enlightenment! Thanks Galaxy, and yes, quite! I believe the subject in your second reference was endorsed by the RF too...

Galaxy Sun 28-Feb-21 15:43:08

No not a royal if I had that information on a royal I wouldnt be telling you I would be on the phone to the Mail grin. Someone compared Meghans charity work with Hugh Bonneville. If you Google you will see the allegations. Now they may or may not be true but I can guarantee that if those rumours were around Meghan or Harry we wouldnt be talking about their charity work. As an aside charity work either discrete or otherwise is absolutely no guarantee of anyone's character, that lesson has surely been hammered home quite brutally in the last few years.

NellG Sun 28-Feb-21 15:42:28

Sorry, completely lost now - who is a prostitute?

Bridgeit Sun 28-Feb-21 15:40:39

Maybe not, But It is possible to be a charitable person & a prostitute.

NellG Sun 28-Feb-21 15:36:55

Galaxy who was that? Not disputing it, but have no idea who you're referring to. The only royal that sprang to mind was Edward V11! Have I been snoozing again?

NellG Sun 28-Feb-21 15:31:01

Bridgeit

I asked what would you be prepared to do to help others etc?

I should have asked , do you or would you help others, & does that make you less or more likely to agree or disagree with aspects of others who do / or don’t

Ok, I see. Yes I do and am prepared to help others to the best of my knowledge, ability and resources.

No, it doesn't make me judge others efforts agains that. What I personally do/contribut in the pursuit of 'service' in this context is not a benchmark for others.

The benchmark I do set is in how those acts of service are witnessed. Mine don't have to be, despite the fact that in a very small way I am in the public eye and 'could' use my platform to draw attention to my charitable interests. However, as that would clash with the way I make my living it would muddy the waters and imply that the charitable acts I perform are only being done to highlight and advertise the thing I do for profit. In short I would be judged. So, therefore I do what I do quietly and with discretion and keep it separate from my profit making activities.

Is that what you were asking, and does that answer the question if so?

Galaxy Sun 28-Feb-21 15:22:49

Can you imagine if Meghan had got a press injunction to stop the publication of her alleged liaison with a prostitute whilst married; I really dont think we would be saying but look how she quietly helps out with charity work.

Ellianne Sun 28-Feb-21 15:12:30

We're all entitled to like or dislike whoever we so choose, but to keep re-running the same grievances over and over again is just bizarre.
But that's exactly it. H and M are the ones re-running the same grievances over and over again. It's a stuck record and like someone said, they should just shut up or find some fresh content.

trisher Sun 28-Feb-21 15:07:28

Doesn't matter how much or who the ordinary GNetter gives to it is unlikely to match the huge amounts raised when a charity attracts a celeb's support, be that by being a member of the board, appearing at functions or doing a sponsored event. Celebs bring in money.

Bridgeit Sun 28-Feb-21 15:00:58

DID NOT ASK

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion