Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Chewsday

(4 Posts)
Jaxjacky Tue 23-Feb-21 19:57:34

Oops...

Jaxjacky Tue 23-Feb-21 14:07:58

Hi Rufus, battle lines drawn in the l room! City March on, I think the cup is theirs. Pleased the nurse is working out ok, one less thing to concern you whist you grapple with Windows. Perhaps, he’s really Michael Privileged...not Portillo.
Anyway, off to do any essentials before arses are firmly parked.
Take care ?

Megs36 Tue 23-Feb-21 13:10:56

Hello Rufus
Very impressed with your technical knowledge, Ihave a laptop with 10 but only ever use my I pad now and phone,just call me Doris Dinosaur.
Pleased your home care plans are good, my husband had carers a couple of years ago, all fine.Dunno about emojis though, always use the same.
Cheers ????????

Rufus2 Tue 23-Feb-21 12:04:58

Here we are again! Reverted to WIN 7 for this, although it moves at a fraction of the speed of WIN 10, but at least I know what the controls do.
Can’t remember what I was saying!
Tennis is over, not that I cared who won, but the booing at the presentation was “un-Australian” as the saying goes!The Saints should have beaten Chelsea; everybody else does!

Jaxjacky Thank you to your significant other! He’s right! Peter Lorimer! Struck fear in our hearts whenever he got the ball; he was the hardest shot at that time although many now emulate him, such as our Kevin!
I wonder if it’s due to changed technology of the ball,, such as has occurred with tennis.
Not long now to your “cone of silence”! grin
I’ve still got a couple of bob on Leeds!
City what can you say!? Don’t know how to lose which is why I have a backlog of match videos waiting to be watched!
Our “Summer” ends officially next week and the weather is winding down accordigly.
After a few brief bursts of 35C it’now around 20C and feeling quite chilly.

Megs I’m OK thanks and so is the computer; I’m the problem, being slow in picking up the new controls, but no matter; it provides good practice for self-control!
Your signing-off emojis appear to be a row of backsides sitting between the drinks, but that wouldn’be right. What are they exactly? confused

Vaccine roll-out proceding with military precision here. TV News is full of shots of eligible candidates receiving jabs. But showing (usually) young females giggling at the time and saying “it didn’t hurt at all” makes me wonder where they’ve been ! More likely they are staged events to convince the audience that there is really nothing to worry about. I can still enjoy being a cynic! hmm

Bit like Michael P this evening; doing his Adelaide to Darwin Ghan rail trip again, unencumbered by baggage and scoring a private cruise up Katherine Gorge with no other passengers to crowd him out

Pleased to say that nurse- visiting schedule has kicked off with no hiccups so far. Three days a week. Duty nurse phones me one hour ahead to give time to shower then she renews dressings Still able to shower myself without falling over, otherwise a carer would come first to shower me; it appears Nurses don’t do showers as their skills are better used elsewhere.
Had another visit from a OH&S carer today to check whether I”m getting all my home-care entitlements. Can’t fault the system!

Think I’ll cut and run before the gremlins wake up!
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo