Gransnet forums

Chat

How often do you change your bedding ?

(143 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Wed 24-Feb-21 20:34:27

I always change our king size bedding once a week, and think there’s nothing nicer than climbing into freshly laundered sheets, I always make sure I get in first ?

Blossoming Sat 27-Feb-21 12:47:51

I changed them yesterday, that’s it until Easter grin

Jane43 Sat 27-Feb-21 12:41:23

Liljan

Most people who come to stay can’t understand why I put a top sheet under the duvet - I find it more comfortable and it also means I only wash the duvet cover every 2nd wash - am I unusual?

No I do that too.

nanna8 Sat 27-Feb-21 09:15:41

Here it can get quite hot at night so you wouldn’t want to wait too long to change your sheets. I think that is a bit of a difference. In Winter I sometimes go about 10 days before changing them. If you go to bed with socks on and a tracksuit the sheets don’t really get dirty! Pillow slips I always change though.

DanniRae Sat 27-Feb-21 08:31:38

My brushed cotton duvet covers go on as soon as the weather gets a bit chilly grannybuy!

grannybuy Sat 27-Feb-21 00:09:40

I'm always surprised at how many people like ' crisp cotton ' sheets. I don't enjoy the coolness of plain cotton, preferring brushed or jersey cotton - even in summer. NE Scotland doesn't have that many warm nights.

LucyW Fri 26-Feb-21 21:15:21

I love, fresh bed linen. Sheets, pillowcases and duvet cover changed weekly and duvet pulled back and windows opened daily to air it. When I lived in Germany it was common to see duvets hanging out of windows to air. I remember giving my son clean bed linen every week and believed he was changing the linen and putting the previous weeks in the washing machine. After a few weeks I discovered he was putting the clean bed linen in the washing machine and just smoothing the duvet cover! As I had duplicates of each set of bed linen (and I trusted him) it took a while before I rumbled him!Still, he has turned out well. Left school just before his 16th birthday to go to college, completed a prestigious apprenticeship and was offered 2 jobs this week (one he hadn't even applied for) and will be earning more than I did (I have an honours degree and 5 postgraduate qualifications)and he is only 22. He does like fresh bed linen now but as he is married it is not my worry!

nadateturbe Fri 26-Feb-21 07:29:14

Pap67 agree ?

Ellypat Fri 26-Feb-21 02:57:00

I used to change it every week, but since Covid my daughter has banned me using the communal laundry room, and insists on doing all my laundry. I hate adding to her already considerable domestic burdens, now go as much as three weeks changing bed linens and towels, and wear clothes several times before putting them in the laundry basket. Not happy with this situation, and look forward to the day I can do my own laundry again!

crazyH Thu 25-Feb-21 23:35:13

While on the subject of changing, my lovely eccentric much older sister (25 years older), a confirmed spinster, told me she wore her knickers for 4 days. - 2 days the correct way, and 2 days inside out. She died very rich and left her money to charity. She did have lots of suitors, but was too independent, to accept any proposal.

simtib Thu 25-Feb-21 23:12:13

Oh! Did not realise you were meant to change them regularly, I thought you just replaced them when they wore out.

Yorki Thu 25-Feb-21 23:07:27

Totally agree Bluebell totally agree.. ?

Lucca Thu 25-Feb-21 22:10:06

We will agree to differ then. I know that’s what she said and it did not think it was rude. It was her reaction to the OP, and that’s what forums are about.

nadateturbe Thu 25-Feb-21 21:46:25

Lucca this is what Bluebell said. She did not merely say she didn't understand. .....

^I m so interested why people want to know this It so often comes up as a thread what on earth is the interest with what other peoples laundry habits are ??
Such a strange thing to ask and even stranger to answer what does it matter what other people do^

Not necessarily rude but might have offended the OP.

Classic Thu 25-Feb-21 21:19:48

A lot less often than when I shared a bed with my husband, he is a sweaty man, now it depends on how often my dog runs in from his walk and being a bungelow, jumps on my bed with wet or muddy paws or fur

Wibblywobbly Thu 25-Feb-21 20:23:28

Every Wednesday regular as clockwork.

Helen657 Thu 25-Feb-21 19:41:16

I change mine when I feel like it, which can be every 5 or 6 weeks for the super king quilt cover (I find it really difficult to handle), fitted sheet and pillowcases about every 3 weeks. But .... OH normally works in Saudi (1 week at home in every 6 weeks) and I’ve been out to visit him once a year for the past 4 years and he admits he only changes the sheets especially for my visit!!!! ???????

Sunnysideup Thu 25-Feb-21 19:31:24

This question reminds me of my son. When he left home at the tender age of 18 for a live-in job, I once asked him how often he changed his sheets. ‘Well mum, I take a sheet off, throw it against the wall and if it sticks, I know it needs changing’!

Lucca Thu 25-Feb-21 19:25:54

Pap67

Bluebelle and Luca...
If you don’t like the question, don’t answer..... TrendyNannie6 has asked a question of interest to her... as does each member... maybe others find your questions of no interest to them, they just scroll on past...
Please don’t be rude to other members.

Er... I think we are entitled to post as we please ! There’s been an awful outbreak of bossy people saying “don’t post if you don’t like the thread”.

And I’ve looked back and Bluebelle merely said she didn’t understand why the question was asked, hardly rude really!

DanniRae Thu 25-Feb-21 19:14:45

How many of us, having read this thread, have gone upstairs and changed their beds? I must admit I was about to make the bed - it had been airing all day - and I decided to change the bottom sheet and turn the pillows over! grin

Craftycat Thu 25-Feb-21 18:55:05

Once a week & I too love the feel of new clean sheets.

Bossyrossy Thu 25-Feb-21 18:45:32

My sheets are a dark colour, so they don’t show the dirt.

Wetnosewheatie Thu 25-Feb-21 18:38:08

I'm with Kim19 but I do think it's like a good workout.

kissngate Thu 25-Feb-21 18:07:55

When I think it needs changing and not before. If it doesnt look grubby why create work and who cares. However I'm always washing towels.

Pap67 Thu 25-Feb-21 17:50:40

Bluebelle and Luca...
If you don’t like the question, don’t answer..... TrendyNannie6 has asked a question of interest to her... as does each member... maybe others find your questions of no interest to them, they just scroll on past...
Please don’t be rude to other members.

Lovetopaint037 Thu 25-Feb-21 17:50:38

Every other week. It takes a week to manage to get everything washed as it has to be fitted in with other washing. In the good weather I can get through easily as no drying problems.