Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(65 Posts)
12Michael Fri 26-Feb-21 06:12:28

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark but dry outside but looks like its a little colder as well this morning here in Brackley .
Today , small shop and return to watch cycling on Eurosport, later check to see if one of my new prescriptions is ready for picking up.
I got my meat chilled pack from Parsley Box yesterday lunchtime , anyway the steaks , mince , sausages etc are in m small portions so was able to fit them into a freezer compartment .
Take Care,
Mick

Stilllearning Fri 26-Feb-21 14:57:12

Thank you Taichanan, it will be a stand alone room, I would have chosen one connected to the house but it’s not possible, I’ll just need to sprint when it rains! I lived in the conservatory in my previous house which we had to leave to come closer to family help when my DH became too ill. I am looking forward to having that feeling of being outdoors again!

Taichinan Fri 26-Feb-21 13:35:32

Nanette my DS2 lives in Lincolnshire and I love visiting him there. It's such a beautiful county. (I love Holland too!)

EllanVannin Fri 26-Feb-21 12:40:52

Sending love to Dragonfly.

Nanette1955 Fri 26-Feb-21 12:38:58

A late good morning to you all from a beautiful bright south Lincolnshire. We were out just after 8, for a lovely walk around the bridal ways and footpaths that cut through the local farmland. A great area for walking at our ages, 65 and 73, as the landscape is mostly flat with huge skys, beautiful! 6 miles done, and feels like spring is just around the corner, and life is good. ?

CherryCezzy Fri 26-Feb-21 12:03:52

beast ?, I could have sworn I'd typed beat! Predictive text ?

LauraNorder Fri 26-Feb-21 12:00:50

Good morning all from Anglesey, blue skies and sunshine.
Came straight to the end before noon strikes

muse Fri 26-Feb-21 11:58:08

Just made the morning slot

Good morning Mick and everyone. Looks like lots of news which I will read later.

Very very frosty start in Cornwall but blue skies. Sainsbug delivery just arrived. Full fridge and freezer for another week.

Going to attempt to plant the strawberries in the polytunnel. Lifted and potted them all last year. Need to watch my back. Think I must have slept awkwardly.

Washing about to go out and then a Mya walk before I sort the strawberries out.

Kettle on first for a coffee. Take care everyone.

CherryCezzy Fri 26-Feb-21 11:50:02

A good late morning to everyone. Woohoo, finally got online ?. Wobbly internet connection this morning. It's chillier than it was yesterday here in the Gower and cloudy to boot.

I haven't been able to read anyone's posts at all yet so I hope everyone is alright. I'll catch up with your busyness shortly.

What is it they say whoever hey are are, when one thing goes wrong .... I was in the shower this morning when someone beast knocking loudly on the front door. Of course by the time I was able to get to the door they'd gone. A note had been pushed through the letterbox, "sorry we missed you" ?. It was the kitchen contractor who we'd arranged to come at 2pm ?. This is getting to be a habit! I don't want to go back to the drawing board but if this is the way they treat their customers ...
I'm waiting for the third thing to go wrong today now, hopefully it won't happen ?

Keep safe everyone and find at least one thing to ? about. Spring is definitely coming, the trees are budding and the flowers are raising their happy heads. Be kind to yourselves ❤️

dustyangel Fri 26-Feb-21 11:46:48

Good Morning all. It’s raining heavily here at the moment but I’ve done a load of washing in the hopes that it will be the promised sunny day tomorrow and it can be hung out bright and early. I can’t remember this struggle to dry things in my earlier married life but keep wishing I’d got a dryer now. How does everyone else manage?

Feelingmyage55 Fri 26-Feb-21 11:28:15

Good morning from a stunningly beautiful day in the north of Scotland. There is a lot of aerial activity form the RAF but no matter how hard I try, a photo seems impossible. They are practising low level flying.
I am washing the greenhouse ready for spring and sorting out my seeds. I take my old fashioned radio outside and play it very quietly while I am working. When I take my tea out, I switch the radio off and listen to the birds.
Long chats on the phone last night brought home to me how much I miss seeing my AC in real life. At least I don’t have to queue outside a red phone box with four pennies for three minutes to exchange essential information.
Lovely to read all your posts and feel included in your lives.

hollysteers Fri 26-Feb-21 11:17:13

Good morning Mick and all from Sunnyside, northwest coast. Have a wash on and looking forward to drying it outside. Small pleasures. I even went round the house looking for more things to wash as didn’t have enough to justify it.
Trip to supermarket yesterday which was orrible. Tried a snood type face covering, but with specs, didn’t work and reverted to proper mask. Then the alarm went off and we had to abandon our trolleys and all gather outside. Not going there again, will go back to my smaller shop. BUT, bought yellow tulips to cheer myself up.
Before that appointment with nurse the high blood pressure. Not sure why I had to see her as she didn’t take my blood pressure and just arranged a telephone appointment with the Doc which could have been done by phone.,,but it got me out of the house and I visited the two ‘libraries’ in the waiting rooms on each side of our station and left some books. Amusing to see books I left weeks ago and nobody wants. Tantric Sex was available, but I gave it a miss?
Enjoyed First Dates last night, I’m always intrigued who will click and often surprised (and shocked)at first date behaviour lol)
Thinking of Auntieflo, Georgesgran, the sick and the well.

EllanVannin Fri 26-Feb-21 10:51:11

Good Morning All you Dear People x
What a welcome back !

It's the sunniest start to the year and it's beautiful out there with warmth in that sun. Patio door is flung open.
A lazy start after my earlier rise yesterday on account of the grocery delivery but I'll get stuck in shortly as the cats are out of the way lying in the sun in the garden. Yippee.

A tree which I can see from here in the next garden is covered in chirping finches and looks as though it's full of large flower buds. The little birds always congregate on it. Makes a change from seagulls squawking overhead grin

How sad to hear of the theatre member Ashcombe whose mental health has been tested during these months. A clever man reduced to such a cruel illness, bless him. It just goes to show the effect it has being restricted in so many ways.

Gagagran fancy you having connections to the IOM. I still have second cousins there and we exchange Christmas cards. They live in Onchan. The nearby school too ? Either where I was born or where I am now ? Even so it is a small world.
Hope your DH gets by okay.

Aww, NanKate sorry about your discomfort and the useless GP. I know about the latter because I've got one !

Thinking of you too Georgesgran x

Marydoll your suffering ( RA) takes me back to my cadet training days when I was on a children's ward where a teenage girl was suffering the same and I remember the poor child struggling with her health on some days, it was awful to see so I have every sympathy for you. I must say that medicine has improved so much since the 50's for this crippling disease, but sadly not enough to cure it.

I always remember a little patient on the ward in the 50's becoming a Lib Dem councillor years ago so imagine the shock I got seeing his picture from a 4/5 year old who'll now be in his 70's---he was born in 1951. His dad was a doctor.

Thinking too of Auntieflo and hope things are going well.x

Gosh, I must get showered just in case D calls with it being so nice out, though I'm not expecting her but it would be the very time when she'd call and see me still in my dressing gown----thinking I was ill grin

I hope you all have this lovely sunshine and are able to get out walking in it. However, keep yourselves safe and enjoy the day. xx

ginny Fri 26-Feb-21 10:49:21

A rather late Good Morning from N. Bucks. Didn’t feel so good first thing but improving now. Lovely sunshine outside so hope to feel up to a short walk this afternoon although we will have to wrap up warm.
Might make some pea and mint soup for lunch .
? for all those who need cheering up and hope you all find a ?today.

Taichinan Fri 26-Feb-21 10:45:47

Good morning Mick and all from a beautiful Spring day on the Angus coast. The weather has been, in the main, so lovely since the Big Freeze left us that I can't believe we're still in February. Or is it that we just remember the good days ?
I have to announce the astounding news that the fish have started to demand their food again! A sure sign that summer is not far away.
I'm not sure what "happy" is grannysomerset. For me I suppose it will be when I can see my family again, just like everyone else. But there's "joy in small things" too - like the fish eating, or sitting here in the sun looking at the snowdrops and crocuses outside the front door. Or just a sunny day like today - with the added excitement of my Tesco delivery this afternoon!
Welcome to your guinea pigs this afternoon Scentia - I hope they realise just how lucky they are to have such a lovely new build for a home.
Is your garden room to be an extension to your house, *still learning*; or a stand-alone summer house. Mine is part of my house, off the kitchen, which I can - and do - use all the year round to make me feel part of the great outdoors. Best thing I ever did! I wish you joy in yours.
I've never heard of oven bottom muffins "Nannagran* - do tell.
Now I must go and beautify myself to meet a real live person (in the shape of the Tesco delivery man). This may we'll take some time!
Thinking of all of you in pain today, in body or mind. Special thoughts to Georgesgran and Mr G. Have the best day you can. ???

Gwenisgreat1 Fri 26-Feb-21 10:30:25

Good Morning all from sunny (but chilly) Harrogate. I have a wash blowing on the line hoping it dries like yesterday wash did.
So glad your DH has his op next week, Gagagran
We are hoping to take the car for a sunny spin after coffee, maybe persuade DH to stop at a shop (what's that I ask myself)

DGD was doing a school zoom, they were asked to set up a shop to learn about money and counting. Nearly 5 year old announced she didn't have any coins, can she use a credit card?
Marydoll I do love your wee stories, they so remind me of my favourite city. Sorry about your RA, though. My Mil had it. Strangely it has missed my DH, it's me that is more arthritic, not RA, not as bad.

Have the best day possible folks, tomorrow is another day.

hulahoop Fri 26-Feb-21 10:22:21

It's a very bright ?day here in West Yorkshire it was very frosty first thing .bedding in washer oh will hang it out .hopefully a walk after lunch ,I have just made appt at dentist for filling to be redone ?

Gelisajams Fri 26-Feb-21 09:59:58

Good morning from a sunny Morecambe Bay. Yay! I’ve done my exercises so it’s time to think how to make the most of this lovely weather. I think it will be be a bit in the garden then a walk. If the café by the shore is open it could well be a bacon and tomato bap as they call them here, for an alfresco lunch.
I always think dental treatment hurts more in the pocket than the mouth Marydoll however uncomfortable the treatment is. Hopefully you will have a lovely smile for us in a couple of weeks.
Thoughts to all who are struggling in so many ways.
Take care and stay safe everyone ?

Stilllearning Fri 26-Feb-21 09:56:18

Morning everyone from S Lanarkshire. Big excitement today is a possible visit from a local joiner to give me some ideas about installing the garden room I spent all last year thinking about. It involves removing the garage which I never put the car in, and was consequently filled with family clobber. I did get as far last year as hiring a skip and getting it emptied but that was the extent of it.
Now however I am hoping to press ahead. I know that things generally are looking fairly hopeful but I have a feeling I’ll still be spending a lot of time at home and definitely no holiday in the sun this year. Unless there’s a heatwave in Oban?!
The chap seemed very nice on the phone and he has a good reputation so fingers crossed.
Good wishes everyone.

Blossoming Fri 26-Feb-21 09:51:52

Good morning all from a cold bright Lancashire. Mr. B is having his first Covid vaccine today, for which I am very grateful. Wishing you all a good Friday.

Mapleleaf Fri 26-Feb-21 09:48:22

Good morning everyone,
Greyduster has our forecast spot on. Lovely weather for getting wrapped up and going for a walk.
I was woken up at 3 am this morning by a couple of gas vans parked on the road outside the bedroom window. It looked as if they were investigating the source of a possible leak as they seemed to be listening through long rods they put on the path surface. Anyway, to get back to my point, there was a keen frost covering cars at that time.

Welcome to the GM thread, Hiraeth. We have another poster who posts from Germany.

Take care all, and to anyone suffering in any way, I hope today brings you some respite. ?

Nannagarra Fri 26-Feb-21 09:47:21

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is mild and gloriously sunny. Love it!!!
Yesterday we tried to make oven bottom muffins. The results were edible but not still not right. Today DH, teasingly competitive, wants to swap recipes, thinking mine just needs a little tweaking! If any one of you lovely people has a fail-proof recipe for me I’m up for it.
Atm like some others I’m struggling to make Yorkshire puddings. When DSs lived at home and roasts were eaten every Sunday I made big puffy YPs without thought. Now though...lol.
Good news about Mick’s PB delivery. It’s also a thumbs up that some have holidays to look forward to (I hope you manage to rebook Susan56) and that Mrgaga and Kate can soon have the treatment they need.
Thinking of Auntieflo, Georgesgran and Marydoll ?
Wishing you all the best possible day.

polomint Fri 26-Feb-21 09:41:05

Good morning all from central scotland where it is mild and sun peeping through now and again.
Plan today is to clear out the big unit in dining room. Like * marydoll* I collected thimblescyears ago , so they need a good dust and rearranged...well it gives me something to do. There are also mementos, souveniers, weddingvfavoursxetc that I aske myself, do I really need to keep them. I've read on a few threads, that people are getting rid of their memories?, if that's the right word, and decluttering.
Then I need to order paint for garden fence. I'm fed up with the usual darkish stain and might go for a light green or blue
Take care

oliversnana Fri 26-Feb-21 09:40:58

Good morning from a very bright North Leicestershire.
A there seems to be some good news filtering through here today. Let's hope it continues.
Babysitting again today.
Dd3 is at hospital getting a new cast 12 weeks in plaster so far up to another 6. She fell off a pony.
Missing absent gners and wishing all those will work a good day

GrannySomerset Fri 26-Feb-21 09:31:27

Bright and frosty this morning, lawn still white but will emerge as the sun touches it. Blackbirds busy but not sure quite where they are building. Hope neighbourhood cats can’t reach.

Tesco run this morning but nothing else else planned. I have nothing particular to be miserable about but am aware that it is a very long time since I felt happy. Anyone else so afflicted?

Sympathy to Marydoll and NanKate and anyone else suffering. Hope we all have the best day we can.

NannyJan53 Fri 26-Feb-21 09:17:11

Good morning from a frosty Black Country, but with bright blues sky. So it looks like a lovely day in store.

Meeting a friend for a walk this morning, she lives on her own, so I try to make sure we meet up at least once a week for a walk.

So sorry you that you are in pain NanKate and that your GP do not seem to be too interested. I really hope the Consultant can help. My SIL suffered with it early last year, but seems to have it under control now.

Homemade battered fish and chips tonight.

Great to see you back EV we all missed you.

Wishing you all a good day