Gransnet forums

Chat

An unusual side effect of “the vaccine”

(29 Posts)
annsixty Fri 26-Feb-21 13:01:48

My GD has noticed a very unusual side effect and she is undecided whether it’s good or bad.
I am actually spending money, something I am normally reluctant to do, ( unless it is food or drink)??
Yesterday I ordered a new garden gate which should be fitted next week and this morning I have been on the long river site and ordered two half steps ,for the front and back door, a fancy new kitchen bin which opens on approach, a pack of liners for said bin and a new rotary clothes line.
I do need to go and lie down in a darkened room but at the same time I am itching to get back online.
Will this pass do you suppose?

bikergran Wed 03-Mar-21 19:33:48

I did need one grin

bikergran Wed 03-Mar-21 19:32:03

I've now bought a new hoover !

M0nica Fri 26-Feb-21 20:36:07

DH was just out of hospital when I went for my vaccination , so the long-term side effects have been slow to appear.

But this afternoon, while tidying my desk I came across a publishers catalogue and promptly ordered a book. I then remembered I wanted to order a book from another catalogue as a birthday present for DGS - and then looked through it further and ordered 3 more!!!

annodomini Fri 26-Feb-21 19:36:46

I bought a car, but that was something I really needed. Ann60, are you sure your vaccine wasn't supplied by that 'long river site'?

lemsip Fri 26-Feb-21 19:27:21

annsixty. shouldn't you report this side effect? ha ha

nananet01 Fri 26-Feb-21 19:13:06

....had mine this morning....browsing online now....haha

bikergran Fri 26-Feb-21 18:32:40

M0nica what a lovely prize, bet you enjoyed it. I won a Bettys Hamper early last year,but changed it to vouchers, so waiting to go and spend them when things are open again.

Can't wait to go again as I live in Lancashire we go to one called The Woodland Spa, then upstairs tom Bertrams restaurant for lunch then back into the Spa. Lovely jubbly.

Would like to try Ribby Hall just outside Blackpool .

Maybe when I have my second jab I may be have an impulse to book one grin

MissAdventure Fri 26-Feb-21 18:04:17

grin

bikergran Fri 26-Feb-21 18:03:34

MissAdventure Only when I lie on the conveyor belt grin

MissAdventure Fri 26-Feb-21 18:03:29

I'm eyeing Gloria the robovac with suspicion now.

Lyndylou Fri 26-Feb-21 17:58:46

Yes I thought it was just me feeling more positive about the future. I had the jab 2 weeks ago and last month I had decided just to give my second small bathroom a lick of paint. Somehow in the last 2 weeks the old loo and lino have been ripped out, the replacements are presently waiting patiently to be installed by my clever OH and I am now contemplating some fancy new wallpaper. My £20 tin of paint is now about £250 and rising.

MamaCaz Fri 26-Feb-21 17:26:16

I don't want to be the one to burst your bubbles (see how I snuck a Covid pun in there? ?), but I am still waiting for my first jab, yet have recently started spending money like there's no tomorrow. And believe me, as a very tight careful Yorkshire girl, that is completely out of character for me ?

Jaxjacky Fri 26-Feb-21 17:00:10

Yep, had jab Wednesday, so far: raised bed for the allotment, seed trays and inserts, more compost, more seeds (I’m a bugger for seeds), munch box delivered to son and I’m pricing getting the bits of rubbish cleared in the back garden...might need a new doorbell for the deliveries!

Blossoming Fri 26-Feb-21 16:45:05

That is so spooky annsixty! I was looking at rotary dryers earlier, but I had my jabs 2 weeks ago. Mr. B has just returned from having his jab with a new wall mounted rotary clothes line that he picked up on the way home!

M0nica Fri 26-Feb-21 16:34:43

Oh, bikergran how I have missed my spa days, only 2 or 3 each year, but we love them.

My taste for spa days is entirely the fault of GN. I won a spa day for 2 in a GN competition, a year or two after GN was launched. DD and I went and, although we have been to others, the one GN gave me tickets for still remains my favourite

GrannySomerset Fri 26-Feb-21 16:31:10

Our sitting room furniture is currently being reupholstered - paid for by the holidays we haven’t had/won’t have. Doing our bit for the economy.

Grandmabatty Fri 26-Feb-21 16:28:21

There's no hope for me then. I get my first dose of the vaccine next week and I'm already spending!

MissAdventure Fri 26-Feb-21 16:16:21

I reckon you've had a chip and pin implanted.
Do you beep when you see a bar code?

timetogo2016 Fri 26-Feb-21 16:06:57

PMSL thank you all.

bikergran Fri 26-Feb-21 15:59:43

Ohhh thank goodness it's effected someone else phewwww.

Had jab yesterday 16.10

Come 17.00 I had bought a lovely outdoor large lantern (£15.00 should have been £30)

Also some new tea/sugar/coffee canisters (had my other for must be 20 yrs) stainless steel so never aged.

Today spent almost £100 at my supermarket after work(cos it's double discount) smile normally only spend about £30!

Goodness know what will happen when I've had my second jab! I feel a spa day coming on smile

tickingbird Fri 26-Feb-21 14:11:46

I’ve been doing this all through lockdown!!

YorkLady Fri 26-Feb-21 13:56:41

I’m laughing reading this. Had my first vaccination yesterday and by the afternoon was searching for weekend breaks in the summer..we have not been out ( even food shopping) for a year!
OH said it was a chip they has implanted to make me change my ways ??

trisher Fri 26-Feb-21 13:39:17

It's no doubt to do with the chip and the nano technology when we've all had it we'll be spending money like water. There may be further side effects in the future-watch out!!!
Raging grannies may return!

Galaxy Fri 26-Feb-21 13:36:58

You see those who talked about microchips were right, those of us who disagreed are going to look like fools.

NellG Fri 26-Feb-21 13:35:05

So that's how they're going to re boot the economy - sneaky, but ingenious.... ???