Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(85 Posts)
12Michael Sat 27-Feb-21 06:11:32

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dark, but its gradually brightening up also dry and cold out there , I also look out of my window and see daffodils growing.
Today , a double dose of cycling on Eurosport plus for a change I have decided to have a fried breakfast for a change today, and tomorrow.
Hopefully my brother will pick me up so I can have my first jab today .
Compared to 3 weeks ago , I am beginning to feel more myself .
Take Care,
Mick

Borrheid55 Sat 27-Feb-21 21:06:34

Marydoll I’ve added a pic of my garden last summer. Hopefully I will do much more this year. Longing for the gardening season to start. Today, it was really lovely and sunny here in Kent. Got a chap replacing our garden fence for the next few days so the garden looks like a scrap yard! You make me envious of all your baking. Mr Borrheid isn’t very adventurous. I made apple pie many years ago and he complained as I had added cinnamon. My coconut cake isn’t anything like his mother’s- despite many attempts over 29 years! Thankfully he’s having his vaccine tomorrow in Folkestone , thirty miles round trip! He’s due a cholecystectomy soon (after waiting a year for his urgent op! )
Hope the better weather is doing its magic

Harris27 Sat 27-Feb-21 15:50:15

I’m having. A use Saturday morning after a mix up with my prescriptions long story! I got my jab on Wednesday and I’m fine and still working as the nursery I work at reopened this week. Going to clean launder hoover then sit down with a new book later. Happy Saturday to all.

Grandmafrench Sat 27-Feb-21 15:46:02

Thanks so much NannyT - always recommending acupuncture, shame I never managed to think of it for myself. Mmm! Will now get on and try to find someone. Take care of the knee. x

B9exchange Sat 27-Feb-21 13:29:06

Hi everyone, beautiful day here in Hertfordshire. Thoughts with you Georgesgran I do hope your GP will ease everything for you both.

I miss Sheepandcattle's posts, hope the lambing is going okay and that she is not worn out.

Have collected my new glasses today only took 10 weeks! Now I must remember where I put them. Enjoy the sunshine everyone.

Taichinan Sat 27-Feb-21 12:57:24

I too have been thinking of Capt Sir Tom, Ellan. What a wonderful life, well lived. He will not be soon forgotten and I wouldn't be surprised to see a film of his life being made.
We have a lady round here, the mother of a friend of mine, who has just celebrated her 105th birthday!! She can't wait to be allowed to get back to the gym for her weekly stint on the treadmill!! Indomitable spirits!

Mapleleaf Sat 27-Feb-21 12:47:00

Good afternoon,

It’s turned into a beautiful day here in South Yorkshire, with lovely blue sky and sunshine. I’ll just finish my coffee then peg out the washing that is ready to go on the line - so good to be able to get it outdoors.

? Georgesgran. Like Marydoll, I haven’t the words really, but you are all in my thoughts.

So pleased you are having your vaccination Mick and that you are starting to feel a little better in yourself. Take it a step at a time.

My DH will receive his vaccine next Sunday, so I’m hoping that I wont have too much longer to wait, either.

The snow moon was lovely, wasn’t it? So bright and vibrant looking.

Take care GM’ers.

Taichinan Sat 27-Feb-21 12:27:34

georgesgran ??

EllanVannin Sat 27-Feb-21 12:15:35

flowers

EllanVannin Sat 27-Feb-21 12:14:34

Goodbye Mr.Tom x . Captain Sir Tom Moore's funeral [flowerd]

Annapops Sat 27-Feb-21 11:55:06

Sending love and strength Georgesgran. You are in my thoughts and prayers at this difficult time. thanks

GrannySomerset Sat 27-Feb-21 11:49:38

Love and support to Georgesgran - what a blessing to have a sympathetic and effective GP.

Beautiful cloudless morning - would be when for once I don’t have a load of washing to dry! Postponed Tesco trip now fairly urgent so will go this afternoon when DH is in front of the rugby, but nothing other than some domestic admin to worry about.

Embrace your inner foreman, Marydoll, and enjoy your excellent meals, Ellan, and hope we all have a good enough day with no unwanted dramas.

Suederlou Sat 27-Feb-21 11:39:51

Love and kind thoughts to Georgesgran x

muse Sat 27-Feb-21 11:38:12

Good Morning everyone. Frosty at 7:30 with blue sky in Cornwall.

Happy and sad posts today. thanks and a hug to georgesgran

Washing dried well in the polytunnel yesterday. Temp was 19° at midday inside it. About 8° outside.

My walks are going to have to change with Mya. Flat ground is the answer. I've tried to push myself to do slopes as they get me puffing. No more slopes. Left knee starting to play up.

Nothing to plan for dinner. We're having a slutty supper.

Feelingmyage55 Sat 27-Feb-21 11:23:42

Good morning. The moon was very beautiful last night. the sky was completely clear and the constellations easy to see.
Garage clearing and garden tidying that mystifies me as I did so much before winter set in. Lots of trees in bud.
georgesgran I send you both prayers.

dustyangel Sat 27-Feb-21 11:17:34

Good morning all, I’m feeling much more positive today because, yes the sun is shining and there is no strong wind.DH wants to go shopping but I have explained that this load of washing must finish and go out before we go which gives me a chance to I catch up with you all. (And stop being obsessed with laundry!)

Oldbutstilluseful Sat 27-Feb-21 10:58:31

Dear Georgesgran. These are for you with love xx

Nannytopsy Sat 27-Feb-21 10:31:05

Morning GF! Sorry to hear the ankle is playing up again. My knee arthritis very suddenly and cripplingly made its presence felt a few months ago. I am convinced that acupuncture made a big difference and at the moment it is very manageable.
Hope your ankle settles again soon.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 27-Feb-21 10:27:49

Good Morning from Sunny but chilly Harrogate. Hope to get a wash out again today, am sure it will dry.
Georgesgran and Bluesapphire you are going through a tough time {flowers}
Haven't heard from dragonfly or travelsafar for a while, hope you are OK
DD1 was supposed to be coming round this am to go for a walk with DH, but DD2 contacted here, she's been notified by Track and Trace that she has been in contact with someone who has Covid. DD1 had both children yesterday. DD2 has now to go to have a test - fingers crossed!!

Keep as well as you can folks, Good Luck with your Jag Mick have the best day possible

Grandmafrench Sat 27-Feb-21 10:26:05

Was that a Snow Moon? I need to keep up. I sat down by the pool in amazement at midnight, when the whole of the garden was lit up like early morning. 17 degrees yesterday, involving Kayak, sandwiches, fishing rod and sunscreen. Sadly not for me...my wretched arthritic ankle/foot thing was back and has kept me awake a lot in the night.

So pleased you’re taking back control, NanKate. Hoping you’ll soon be on the way to feeling lots better. Good luck, Mr Gaga, stay strong anyone here who is dealing with sadness and illness - on top of the dreaded plague. Looks as if good weather will bring some smiles and some late winter cheer.

My laundry is already dry - hopefully the next chore will not involve Extreme/one-legged ironing. We shall see.....?.

Have yourselves the best Saturday you can, all of you.
Remember - you deserve it!
Hugs, lovely people x
?‍♀️??????

Taichinan Sat 27-Feb-21 10:25:01

Good morning all. So glad you're feeling cheerier today Mick - the sight of those daffodils in bloom (and the thought of a cooked breakfast ??) would certainly do it for me. Good luck with your jab.
Well, it's yet another glorious Spring day on the Angus coast and I could get used to this! Apart from reading all the posts on here, I'm not sure what I shall do - but it will be outdoors for certain.
I hope it's as beautiful where you are and sun and fresh air can lift your spirits too. Healing thoughts. ?☀️?

Stilllearning Sat 27-Feb-21 10:21:38

Just sending thoughts and prayers to Georgesgran and her husband. ?to you BlueSaphire and to all struggling today. Wishing everyone the best day possible.

Grandmafrench Sat 27-Feb-21 10:13:27

Good Morning everyone. Hold on tight to your lovely memories, Blue.
I’m so very sad for you, Georgesgran. Please take all the help you can and I’m hoping that the collective love and warm wishes from all the Grans will help just a little to get you through this. ?

annsixty Sat 27-Feb-21 10:13:21

Good morning all from a pleasant but chilly Stockport.
My love and empathy are winging their way to Georgesgran and her husband.
I was in that place two years ago and my own husband slept his way to such a peaceful end.
I realise we are maybe being presumptuous but send these loving thoughts anyway.

Auntieflo Sat 27-Feb-21 10:03:19

Good morning Mick, Annie and all.

Just a quick pop in today with my thoughts and prayers going to Georgesgran. So sad.

Nannytopsy Sat 27-Feb-21 09:59:32

Good morning Mick and all his followers.
Some sad posts this morning and love is sent to you all.

Mick, delighted you are having your vaccine. Take care.

Suffolk has bright sunshine after yesterday’s brilliant moon and a sharp frost overnight. We cleaned both cars yesterday and today there is a bit of guttering to put up. Our front door has a small shelter sloping away from the house. It has never had guttering, so if it rains you get wet when coming or going. The house has been up 10 years and it surprises me that nobody’s done anything about it! DH has suddenly got going with all the jobs - he didn’t hibernate over the winter but he was definitely torpid ?.
Rugby and a takeaway curry will complete the day. It’s the only food we can get delivered out here and luckily it’s excellent.
Enjoy the sunshine everyone.