Gransnet forums

Chat

Foundation recommendation

(9 Posts)
Shinamae Mon 01-Mar-21 09:52:26

Can anybody recommend a good coverage foundation, I have tried several over the years but not found one I’ve really been impressed with, I am 68 so obviously mature skin

EllanVannin Mon 01-Mar-21 10:11:49

Looking at my magnified mirror this morning, Polyfilla would be the answer for me. I gave myself a fright. grin

Joking aside, I did used to use one by Estee Lauder a few years ago and it was beautiful ( didn't have as many wrinkles then ) but I've forgotten what it was called. They've probably brought another out since though I'm sure there are cheaper ones which do the job.

Shinamae Mon 01-Mar-21 22:46:24

Thanks EV.....

hollysteers Tue 02-Mar-21 00:05:56

Estée Lauder Double Wear is the best of all.
Possibly that was the one Ellan?

Greendress Tue 02-Mar-21 01:40:32

I have used Estee Lauder Double Wear for years but I have recently tried the EL Double wear light and that has very good coverage too. Excellent products

NotAGran55 Tue 02-Mar-21 06:27:31

I came on to say the EL ones are highly rated but see that everyone else agrees .

I tried it before lockdown at a John Lewis event . The girl applying it mixed it with a little highlighting moisturiser to give a little dewiness to the look .

Too much coverage for me but I would use it I wanted that look .

BigBertha1 Tue 02-Mar-21 10:06:13

Having tried almost everything over the years I have now landed on Nars (get the pun smile. Its called Sheer Glow just write for mature skin- goes on beautifully. I do tend to use a primer though to get a good surface.

Shinamae Tue 02-Mar-21 12:35:16

My daughter has recommended the Estee Lauder one as well so thank you I think I will try that

Shinamae Tue 02-Mar-21 16:41:40

Have been this afternoon and bought one with a little help from an assistant but she wasn’t really trained for that so what boots have said that if I find it’s not the right one I can take it back and change it even though it’s been used, this is because they cannot give samples at the moment. Could cause an awful lot of waste product I imagine....