Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Friday

(91 Posts)
12Michael Fri 05-Mar-21 06:10:21

Good Morning Everyone,
Its twilight this morning in Brackley , a little bit of brightness in the sky , but dry and cold outside .
Today, my usual shop , then do my own Fish & Chips , plus await a call from provider as to fixing email .
This weekend sees the start of more cycling on TV , of which I am looking forward to watch .
As it breaks watching continuous repeats on TV.
Take Care,
Mick

Blossoming Sat 06-Mar-21 00:19:08

gagagran so pleased for you x

Grandmabatty Fri 05-Mar-21 21:42:45

That's good to hear Gagagran .

NanKate Fri 05-Mar-21 21:08:53

Gagagran ??

grandMattie Fri 05-Mar-21 21:02:00

So pleased for you both, gaga.

brook2704 Fri 05-Mar-21 20:23:42

Excellent news gaga hope you get a good nights sleep ?

kittylester Fri 05-Mar-21 20:20:39

Lovely news gaga. Welcome joesoap!

Urmstongran Fri 05-Mar-21 20:08:20

And hello to you JoeSoap and welcome ? to you, over in chilly Sweden. It’s lovely to have you join us.

Urmstongran Fri 05-Mar-21 20:05:11

Excellent news Gagagran and thank you for coming back to update us.
You can drop those shoulders now from your ears. ... and breathe!
Sleep tight. Don’t let the bed bugs bite. x

Marydoll Fri 05-Mar-21 20:04:54

Welcome Joesoap, it's lovely to hear from you. No-one minds when you post!

Mapleleaf Fri 05-Mar-21 19:53:58

Good news, Gagagran. You will be able to sleep easier now.
Welcome Joesoap. There's no rule about what time you can post on this thread. It's just that most people post before lunch, but it's not cast in stone that you have to do so. What part of Sweden are you from? I have friends in Stockholm.

Marydoll Fri 05-Mar-21 19:47:00

Good news indeed, Gaga, now breathe...... ?

EllanVannin Fri 05-Mar-21 19:45:02

Thankyou for that good news Gagagran flowers Panic over x.

LauraNorder Fri 05-Mar-21 19:41:49

flowers

Jaxjacky Fri 05-Mar-21 19:40:00

Excellent news Gaga ?

Gagagran Fri 05-Mar-21 19:35:32

Just heard from DH in the recovery room after his op. He didn't go down to theatre until 5pm so it was a very long and stressful day for us both. He is ok, bit sore but stoic as always and hopes to be moved from recovery to the ward later tonight. I will be able to sleep tonight now!

Thank you so much for all the kind and supportive messages today. They really helped my anxiety levels a lot. Tomorrow will be a good day (Captain Sir Tom's motto which I like)!

Kalu Fri 05-Mar-21 15:12:21

Thé waiting is always the worst part especially if your surgeon has a long list and your DH is down for PM. surgery.

Hope it won’t be too long now until your DH has a successful procedure and back on the ward making a good recovery. ?

Best wishes to your DH. Gagagran. ?

LauraNorder Fri 05-Mar-21 15:11:57

Sending you a virtual hug Gagagran.
Have a nice cup of tea and try to relax a bit. We’re all with you. X

Gagagran Fri 05-Mar-21 15:04:07

Well DH is still waiting to go to theatre. He has had nothing to drink since 6am this morning and of course nothing to eat since before 6.30pm last night. The nurse has just told him it might be 4 pm before he goes down as his surgeon has a long list today. I am finding it extremely stressful and it must be worse for him.

Litterpicker Fri 05-Mar-21 14:59:55

Welcome Joesoap. Most people post before mid-day but sometimes update later, maybe if the earlier posting has contained a concern - we worry about those with illness and difficulties just like friends in the ‘real’ world!

There are other forums like SoopsKitchen (not sure I’ve got that right) where people post throughout the day. I am fairly new to posting myself.

What part of Sweden are you in? I have friends in Östergotland smile.

Joesoap Fri 05-Mar-21 14:34:38

Good afternoon,I am not sure how late we are allowed to write,I am not an early riser,I see most people are up at the crack of dawn.
I am writing from a chilly but sunny and bright Sweden.
I hope everyone has a nice weekend,Sorry to be a bit late.

Kalu Fri 05-Mar-21 14:21:54

I have just popped back in to say how kind of you to say hello Merlot. You are in all our thoughts and would be most welcome to pop in here anytime. I know what you mean, trying to keep up! Much busier thread nowadays and all are so warmly welcome whenever we ‘show our face’. x

Much love and best wishes to Georgesgran and travelsfar x

No need to worry if you are over posting Urms. Just one of those days when you feel like sharing. It’s lovely. ?

EllanVannin Fri 05-Mar-21 14:10:28

Post as much as you want to Urmston grin

B9exchange Fri 05-Mar-21 13:43:04

Greetings all, I never seem to get organised to post early, and had a conference call at 9.00 am just over. Love to Merlotgran, Georgesgran and Travelsafar for all you are going through.

Hope you have some news soon Gagagran you will be so relieved to hear DH's voice this afternoon.

Our bathroom finally completed, said goodbye to our lovely plumber, who has become like an old friend. Just need to persuade two very reluctant companies to take away the bath panels that didn't fit, so we can get our spare room back!

Off to DGS's second birthday tomorrow, our childcare bubble, and have been invited to stay the night. Will be lovely to see his face in the morning when he finds out that we are still here!

Urmstongran Fri 05-Mar-21 13:24:24

Set your alarm clock merlotgran and be one of the early birds then you don’t have as much to recall.
?

It’s lovely that you’ve popped in.
You’re very much in our hearts.
?

Oops. I wasn’t going to post any more today.
Duh.

merlotgran Fri 05-Mar-21 13:19:50

Calling in to give you all my heartfelt thanks for your kind thoughts both on this thread and the bereavement one.

I don't post on here because I fear I would never be able to keep up with everyone. It's a very busy thread but as I start putting one foot in front of the other I might pop in now and again.

Thank you and much love to Georgesgran