Gransnet forums

Chat

What is your favourite season of the year?

(90 Posts)
Foxglove77 Fri 05-Mar-21 11:09:46

I love Spring! For me it means the long winter months are finally behind us and the promise of summer is to follow. Spring means new life and I just love all the baby animals, wildlife, spring flowers and blossom. The warmth of the sun on your face is the best tonic.

Lewie Mon 08-Mar-21 13:20:32

I love every season, and am thrilled to be alive to experience everything that each has to offer.
Spring - watching the birds make their nests and raise their young.
Summer - long balmy evenings in the garden (well, we can hope!)
Autumn - seeing the leaves on the trees turn to glorious reds and golds.
Winter - cosy evenings snuggled up in front of the fire.

Trisha57 Sun 07-Mar-21 10:22:06

Summer for me. Long days, short nights, warm balmy evenings and NO FOOTBALL!!! grin

Shropshirelass Sun 07-Mar-21 10:15:41

Spring is lovely, the earth waking up and blossoming, what is better than the wonder of nature. Everyday there is a bit more waking up and hearing the birds singing. Fabulous.

Rosiebee Sun 07-Mar-21 09:24:52

Love Autumn most but love the turning of the seasons. I could never live anywhere that didn't have "proper" seasons. There is something to love about each one. My nightmare would be living in a continually hot climate. Love getting away for some winter sun though in February.

Scentia Sat 06-Mar-21 23:34:58

I love all the seasons, winter is my least favourite as my weary arthritic bones feel sore and stiff when it is cold and damp!

nanna8 Sat 06-Mar-21 23:14:31

I like late Spring when it is usually very warm here but not too hot. I do like the other seasons for different reasons. This year we have had a poor Summer. Plenty of sun, hardly any rain but not hot enough for much of a swim. Today, as I look out, it is sunny and 28C which is perfect but it hasn’t been that nice earlier this week. We desperately need rain. I am sick of having to water the garden which sounds nuts but you have to do it almost every day or things start to die.

GeorgyGirl Sat 06-Mar-21 22:53:02

Late Spring/ Early Summer - (May/June)/

Katie59 Sat 06-Mar-21 19:35:06

Spring when everything is fresh and new, the season of birth and optimism, Spring for me for me.

Dianehillbilly1957 Sat 06-Mar-21 19:22:31

Autumn is my favourite, but every season has something special about it.

songstress60 Sat 06-Mar-21 18:35:53

My favourite is spring when the flowers come out and the lighter nights are here. I don't even mind if it is cold in the spring as the flowers are here. I hate autumn. Yes, it is the start of the dark nights.

HillyN Sat 06-Mar-21 18:30:57

I find autumn strangely exciting, especially kicking through piles of crisp autumn leaves. It takes me back to my childhood!
September is a great time to catch up with friends after the holidays and October is often warm and we get an extra hour in bed. Come November I love the bonfires and fireworks, then my birthday and the anticipation of Christmas.

3dognight Sat 06-Mar-21 18:17:24

Every seasons has something to offer, and I like them in this order -

Autumn - colours, and the fading glory of flowers and plants, the sun is getting lower and the light is changing, love the sunny days and cold nights. Best make the most of it, as it will soon be....

Winter - as it gets into December, I can see the sun rise over the old pit top, from my bedroom window. This is a good start to the day, and I love love love getting my boots on, hat, gloves, etc, and going out for the morning with my dogs. I love the skeletons of the trees, so much more interesting than when in leaf. Love the early sunsets, lighting the stove, being anti social, and it's also a welcome break from gardening !

Spring - seeing the nettles break through the soil on the allotment, means things are waking up, there will be digging too, mulching, feeding, seed sowing, watering, it is an endless task. The dawn chorus comes back, and the sun is getting warmer.

Summer - shorts and tee shirts, watering on the allotment, the first new potatoes, jars of raspberry jam, taking the dogs down the river to cool off. Having to be more sociable and visit people!

Elvis58 Sat 06-Mar-21 17:56:29

Autumn, Spring, Winter then Summer not a great one for the heat and a hay fever sufferer!

rafichagran Sat 06-Mar-21 17:41:12

Autumn, Winter, Spring and Summer. I love boots, heavy jumpers and Christmas.
I hate being too hot.

Happiyogi Sat 06-Mar-21 17:08:59

Spring, especially May. Everything looks fresh and it feels optimistic.

Kaggi60 Sat 06-Mar-21 16:55:28

I love Spring do not like sitting in the Sun and the cold in winter.

Lizzie44 Sat 06-Mar-21 16:28:28

Love spring - snowdrops, daffodils, bluebells, nights getting lighter and longer. I feel a pang of disappointment when we go past the longest day... followed by a grumble about summer's passing when I hear the closing theme music on the last day of Wimbledon TV coverage.

cupcake1 Sat 06-Mar-21 16:12:40

Spring and summer- beautiful hopeful seasons full of colour and promise even if that doesn’t always pan out ! Dislike autumn just because winter is on its way and I absolutely HATE winter! What is there to like? Don’t say Christmas because I’m not a fan of that either! Been to Oz for Christmas a couple of times and it was bliss endless blue skies sunshine and bbq’s why would anyone prefer dark cold rainy/snowy days is beyond me.

Sheilasue Sat 06-Mar-21 15:30:40

Spring and Autumn.

Alioop Sat 06-Mar-21 15:26:51

Autumn. Love the colours of the trees, but as long as the days are bright and dry. Detest the winter, darkness and gloom. Wouldn't it be lovely to jump from Autumn to Spring lol

Musicgirl Sat 06-Mar-21 14:39:00

I like early Autumn, September and October because the weather is usually still mild and the colours are beautiful. There is a special smell in the air too. Unfortunately, October leads on to November, probably my least favourite month of the year, although January is a strong contender. I also love the freshness and promise of Spring. At this time of year I like to have a vase of daffodils, my favourite flowers. They represent a sign of better things to come. I enjoy Summer, as long as the temperature does not go much over 25 degrees and Winter has its own special features. - there is nothing like drawing the curtains and sitting by a fire with a good book.

Rosina Sat 06-Mar-21 14:37:45

Autum is heavenly for me; there is a poem about following autumn round the world, so that you are always in that lovely season. The long shadows, the golden sunlight, the cool freshness of the air, the glorious, heart lifting colours and the scent of woodsmoke. I dislike the sumer for the humidity, intense heat for days on end, the sleepless nights, and the wobbling flesh and tattoos! Spring is my second favourite, with its beauty, newness and fresh growth. Given this past year though- I am just glad and grateful to be here, vaccinated, whatever season it is!

LMW1 Sat 06-Mar-21 14:17:53

I do love Winter.... But hate Snow when I have to go out in it. Looks great through the window though smile

grannybuy Sat 06-Mar-21 13:58:50

Summer. It's never too hot in NE Scotland! I like the longer days and the fullness and colour of the plants in the garden. I enjoy - when fine enough - being able to wear less clothing ie jackets and cardigans.

polly123 Sat 06-Mar-21 13:44:16

Love Spring with all it's promise and freshness and love Autumn when I can wear my boots again and walk in the park looking at the amazing colours of nature. Loathe summer and always look forward to getting it out of the way.