Gransnet forums

Chat

Piers Morgan walking off set this morning

(185 Posts)
TrendyNannie6 Tue 09-Mar-21 16:40:41

Well I actually missed it, but have just been shown the vid of Alex Beresford giving his take on Meghan & Harry, I must say I don’t think it’s done Piers any favours upping and walking off like that

GrannyRose15 Thu 11-Mar-21 18:16:59

Galaxy

I was referring to the fact that Morgan couldnt tolerate someone else's viewpoint. A poster said they too would have walked off. I was asking why you would walk off, as Morgan did, just because someone held a different view to you.

Because it was a personal attack by a fellow presenter. It wasn't simply a case of not agreeing with each other,

lemsip Thu 11-Mar-21 13:43:04

the OP ; Piers Morgan walking off set this morning;

now murder is being talked about, I'm sure he'd have something to say about that! start another thread first.

suziewoozie Thu 11-Mar-21 13:35:28

Our proud press has now reported an interview with the MIL of the suspect where she proclaims his innocence. Wow just wow.

JaneJudge Thu 11-Mar-21 13:00:56

I do agree with you suzie

Parsley3 Thu 11-Mar-21 12:58:13

I see the director for the Society of Editors has resigned over denying that the press is racist and bigoted.

And so he should. The press release from the SofE was disgraceful.
Charlene White, the ITV news presenter, has pulled out as host of their award ceremony and told them to find someone whose views aligned with theirs to replace her.

suziewoozie Thu 11-Mar-21 12:40:00

eazybee

The man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering Sarah Everard, although the remains discovered have not been identified.
He is named, with photograph, information about where he lives, his wife and his children, even an interview with his mother-in-law.
Did not think this was allowed until someone was charged with an offence.

You’re right - it’s not supposed to happen. We have a press to be proud of don’t we?

eazybee Thu 11-Mar-21 12:36:51

The man has been arrested on suspicion of murdering Sarah Everard, although the remains discovered have not been identified.
He is named, with photograph, information about where he lives, his wife and his children, even an interview with his mother-in-law.
Did not think this was allowed until someone was charged with an offence.

suziewoozie Thu 11-Mar-21 12:32:17

JaneJudge

I hadn't realised they had named him too. There is even a dialogue of what happened on one outlet. The only thing I can think of wrt releasing so much information is if they think more women/people will come forward

If the police think this is a possibility they would release his name now and photograph. The papers are doing this to make money and couldn’t care less if it prejudiced a fair trial.

JaneJudge Thu 11-Mar-21 11:18:06

I hadn't realised they had named him too. There is even a dialogue of what happened on one outlet. The only thing I can think of wrt releasing so much information is if they think more women/people will come forward

suziewoozie Thu 11-Mar-21 08:21:54

Galaxy

They released his profession very quickly. I do wonder what is going on here.

Yes I wondered about that but it is common to say a 25 year old man etc etc. What’s not ok is all the photos of him ( taken from his FB page) all over the place - but hey ho freedom of the press

Galaxy Thu 11-Mar-21 08:16:14

They released his profession very quickly. I do wonder what is going on here.

suziewoozie Thu 11-Mar-21 08:04:12

Galaxy

It may depend why that was done.

It’s true that sometimes the police release the name of a suspect because he’s on the run or they need witnesses but they haven’t in this case. It’s as if Christopher Jeffries never happened.

Galaxy Thu 11-Mar-21 07:57:27

It may depend why that was done.

JaneJudge Thu 11-Mar-21 07:51:17

btw I have not seen the news this morning...

JaneJudge Thu 11-Mar-21 07:50:31

suziewoozie

This morning demonstrates a nice example of the problems and contradictions in free speech - newspapers identifying suspect in a murder case, broadcast media not . He’s not been charged yet, I don’t think that he should be identified.

I said this last night to my husband. We know where this man works, where he lives, his age more or less, the fact they are a 'nice little family' which suggests he has small children, that his wife may have covered his tracks for him. It is pretty shocking all that was put in the public domain so quickly. Obviously it is more shocking that a poor woman is dead but there is a massive degree of irresponsibility in putting all the previous in the public domain, surely?

suziewoozie Thu 11-Mar-21 07:27:51

This morning demonstrates a nice example of the problems and contradictions in free speech - newspapers identifying suspect in a murder case, broadcast media not . He’s not been charged yet, I don’t think that he should be identified.

suziewoozie Thu 11-Mar-21 07:22:23

GagaJo

57 anti MM tweets from PM in one day.

Not normal.

It might seem that he’s the one with MH problems and he’s in deep denial about the MH problems of others because he’s afraid of holding up the mirror to himself

GagaJo Thu 11-Mar-21 06:55:36

57 anti MM tweets from PM in one day.

Not normal.

BlueBelle Thu 11-Mar-21 04:28:59

Yes suziewoozie a huge fan base just like Trump has
There are a lot more idiots in this world than I ever could have realised

Whitewavemark2 Thu 11-Mar-21 02:46:53

I see the director for the Society of Editors has resigned over denying that the press is racist and bigoted.

Well that’s is another welcomed resignation from the white middle aged loud mouthed men’s club, probably all to be employed by the new Fox type news outlets beginning to pop up.

Lots of gammons shouting their mouths off.

Kestrel Thu 11-Mar-21 01:47:39

loads of job offers after his little stunt shock

suziewoozie Wed 10-Mar-21 22:49:25

BlueBelle

I cannot believe that he was sprouting his bile at the garden gate with his child beside him this morning as he ‘was doing the school run’ wouldn’t someone with an ounce of integrity say to the child ‘pop inside to mummy please while I talk to these people’ Instead he opened his big mouth and was decrying his belief that he didn’t believe a word that Meghan said about her mental health , as the child stood beside him in a yellow bobble hat
Hideous hideous man

And yet he has a huge fan base - some of it directly as a result of his obsessive attacks on MM for the last couple of years. And now he’s another poster boy for ‘free speech’ along with the delectable Lozza Fox and Toby Young amongst others.

Ellianne Wed 10-Mar-21 22:44:49

Yes, very inappropriate.

BlueBelle Wed 10-Mar-21 22:34:33

I cannot believe that he was sprouting his bile at the garden gate with his child beside him this morning as he ‘was doing the school run’ wouldn’t someone with an ounce of integrity say to the child ‘pop inside to mummy please while I talk to these people’ Instead he opened his big mouth and was decrying his belief that he didn’t believe a word that Meghan said about her mental health , as the child stood beside him in a yellow bobble hat
Hideous hideous man

Galaxy Wed 10-Mar-21 22:32:17

No worries Lollin, it wasnt the clearest post I have ever made grin