Gransnet forums

Chat

Funny things children say and do.

(8 Posts)
grandmajet Wed 10-Mar-21 09:41:14

Mention of ‘flingaloes’ (flamingoes) on the morning thread made me smile and think of the funny things children say and do. One of my daughters came in crying that she‘d hurt her ‘armbow’ which we decided was an apt description and have used ever since.
Has anyone else a similar amusing story?

Ashcombe Wed 10-Mar-21 09:47:33

My children thought that God's first name was Peter because in church we used to say, “Thanks Peter God”!
When I breastfed my youngest and swapped him from one side to the other, one of his sisters asked if one was his dinner and the other his pudding!

grandmajet Wed 10-Mar-21 09:51:29

Oh, Ashcombe, you reminded me of one of my own childhood mistakes. Round John Virgin in Silent Night, I thought it was his name. (round yon virgin mother and child)

Susan56 Wed 10-Mar-21 10:16:12

When my younger daughter was born my elder daughter used to sing instead of the cattle are lowing the baby awakes, the kettle is boiling the baby awakes!

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 10-Mar-21 10:26:30

My Gd's favourite fruits used to be boobiels and stawbiels (blueberries and strawberries)

She was doing school zoom where they were playing shops with coins (learning adding) Madam announced she's rather use a credit card!!

My 7 year old Dgs has Down Syndrome and has difficulty talking, but loves counting, he insists after 12 it's 3-teen 14 and 5-teen after 19 comes 2-ty, 2-ty-1, 2-ty-2 and so on 1 hunned!

Gwenisgreat1 Wed 10-Mar-21 10:27:17

Until 1 Hunned!

timetogo2016 Wed 10-Mar-21 10:57:27

When my son was very young he had trouble pronouncing his r`s,
When visiting my mil in Cumbria the farmer opposite would pop in for a chat.
My son asked him if he could spell your r`s,the farmer looked at me and asked if my son asked him if he could smell his arse.
We were all in hysterics.

grandmajet Wed 10-Mar-21 11:03:03

??