Gransnet forums

Chat

Too many game threads!

(24 Posts)
Blossoming Sun 14-Mar-21 13:12:08

Perhaps one main thread combining the two could be created for the convenience of the posters that enjoy those things Calendargirl?

Ellianne Sun 14-Mar-21 13:08:50

grin

Calendargirl Sun 14-Mar-21 13:07:53

If it weren’t for the Games and Meghan threads, GN would look a bit sparse.

Ellianne Sun 14-Mar-21 13:05:37

Why would anyone want to stop another member from having access to what they enjoy on here ( said through gritted teeth if referring to multiple MM threads)
That's a bit unfair suziewoozie. No one, as far as I can see, has uttered one single word about MM today, but you have included a dig at posters on both this and on the pedants' thread.

Blossoming Sun 14-Mar-21 13:01:39

I can’t type quick enough to join in with alphabetical type games, otherwise I would take part. They look like fun and a bit of memory/brain training is always welcome. It takes seconds to scroll past.

cornishpatsy Sun 14-Mar-21 13:00:54

I access GN on a laptop when you go to the mobile site and delete the games threads they are back when you revert to the desktop site.

I see games as something separate from the other threads, you know if you want to play games or not so could be in a different section.

Kim19 Sun 14-Mar-21 12:53:28

I rather enjoy them. I once had a PM when I completed one incorrectly. Looks like some people take them really seriously whereas I regard them as a little harmless fun and distraction. Also....sometimes stirs the grey matter a little and I'm certainly in need of that.

Floradora9 Fri 12-Mar-21 16:12:25

Oh how I agree make a new feed for them please .

BlueBelle Thu 11-Mar-21 20:49:35

You can’t easily hide them Auntiflo it’s a real faff if you’re on an iPad or iPhone and then they are all back they don’t stay hidden
No one wants to stop people playing them at all just have them in a separate area would be such a good answer but
they ll never do it it’s been suggested time and time again

Jaxjacky Thu 11-Mar-21 20:10:27

Slightly annoying...as others have said, scroll on past.

Auntieflo Thu 11-Mar-21 19:08:38

Oldbat, on your Ipad, scroll down to the bottom of a Games thread, and tap on View Mobile Site, on the screen displayed, tap on the little upside down V. Then tap on Hide This Thread. Finally scroll down to bottom of screen again, and tap on Desktop site.
The thread should then be hidden when you next log on.
I hope this is clear. If not, someone else will come along and explain better than me.
Good luck.

Oldbat1 Thu 11-Mar-21 18:54:46

Perhaps gransnet should be changed to gamesnet. I can choose not to see games on my mobile phone but not on my iPad. Ah well perhaps tomorrow will be a better day.

MerylStreep Thu 11-Mar-21 18:45:04

Oldbat
Live and let live. There’s no rule to say you have to look. It’s not as if time is of the essence and you haven’t got the time.

Auntieflo Thu 11-Mar-21 18:40:38

You can easily hide a thread, like Games, if you don't want them on your Active list.

Billybob4491 Thu 11-Mar-21 18:37:09

Kittylester - spot on with your observations.

kittylester Thu 11-Mar-21 18:33:04

People who like the games probably don't like all the RF threads etc. There are lots of games threads so, presumably, there are lots of people on gn who enjoy them.

suziewoozie Thu 11-Mar-21 18:04:46

Urmstongran

Aw live & let live. I don’t bother with them at all but it only takes seconds to scroll past them. Gamers probably think the same about news & politics perhaps!

Couldn’t agree more - they are clearly popular. I don’t join in but do play solitaire on my iPhone occasionally. Why would anyone want to stop another member from having access to what they enjoy on here ( said through gritted teeth if referring to multiple MM threads?)

Urmstongran Thu 11-Mar-21 17:53:31

Aw live & let live. I don’t bother with them at all but it only takes seconds to scroll past them. Gamers probably think the same about news & politics perhaps!

tanith Thu 11-Mar-21 17:50:27

I get rid as soon as they appear it seems less of faff.

Redhead56 Thu 11-Mar-21 17:44:53

I agree can not stand the game threads one or two maybe but it’s getting ridiculous.

FannyCornforth Thu 11-Mar-21 17:44:38

At time of typing, there are 19 games threads in active.

FannyCornforth Thu 11-Mar-21 17:41:39

There's loads of stuff that you can do on MN
The games threads are a nuisance.

Kandinsky Thu 11-Mar-21 17:24:23

This comes up every few weeks but nothing ever gets done about it. On mumsnet you can hide entire topics but for some reason we can’t do that on here?

Oldbat1 Thu 11-Mar-21 17:16:36

I’m fed up with all the game threads today there are 10. I don’t want to see them but it is such a faff to try to stop them coming up on the thread. GRANSNET ADMIN really need todo something.