Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Monday

(86 Posts)
12Michael Mon 15-Mar-21 06:22:39

Good Morning Everyone,
Its light and another dry and bright start to the day here in Brackley .
Looking outside its full of the signs of spring , even the trees are showing budding.
Today , my penultimate day of wearing my ECG mentor.
A little bit of exercise with it on such as housework and do a small shop , before settling down and watching cycling on TV .
Take Care,
Mick

Gwenisgreat1 Mon 15-Mar-21 07:47:06

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate
Posting early ‘cause I have a busy day on the phone. This am I chat to my school friend in Ayrshire,this pm I chat to my sister in Surrey!
Yesterday I made a load of scones using a Mary Berry recipe because they apparently freeze well - I hate stale scones. They were lovely fresh. Both DDs loved them too. I was given a salt lamp and a chocolate making kit!
DH and I watched countryfile last night - thought of you sheep with the lambing!
Will try to pop back to see how the rest of you are doing
Meantime, have the best day you can

BlueSapphire Mon 15-Mar-21 07:49:25

Good morning everyone from a dull and damp Northampton; it's forecast to remain much the same today and tomorrow.

I had a lovely day yesterday at DD's; some lovely cards and presents - flowers, a scented candle, band cream, Michelle Obama 's autobiography which I had been longing to read. And DD cooked a delicious lunch of harissa roast lamb, my favourite! Washed down with a nice glass of pinot noir! The DGDs sent a beautiful card with their photograph on the front which I shall treasure, and keep on the mantelpiece until I see them again.

Nothing much planned for today, a general tidy up, put some washing on. Oh and unwrap the garden kneeler I ordered on Saturday and arrived yesterday. Hoping it will help when I'm weeding the garden, as I find it really difficult to get back up again once I'm down!

Hope today goes well Bella, and Corner tomorrow. Take care and stay safe everyone.

Kalu Mon 15-Mar-21 07:50:49

Good morning from a beautiful sunny morning In Glasgow, it’s chilly but wakening up to sunshine is such a good start to the day.

bouquet deliveries and Zoom get together chats with both DDs and both GDs . DD2 is in Australia and we have no idea when it will be possible for her and SiL to come home for their usual annual visit but thanks to modern technology, it was possible to enjoy a family catch up.

Taking advantage of a sunny day, washing will be hung out and pottering in the garden is today’s plan.

Have the best day you can everyone.

Nannagarra Mon 15-Mar-21 07:55:46

Good morning from the Sefton coast where it is bright and making me feel inclined to take some exercise in the fresh air.
Yesterday the DSs spoiling me with flowers and chocolates and DH making a roast made me feel special. I haven’t read your posts from Sunday but I’m sure I’ll enjoy them when I do.
Thinking of Bella, corner, Kate and Auntieflo facing procedures and hoping for the best outcomes for you. Have the best day you can everyone.
?????

Gingster Mon 15-Mar-21 08:00:54

Good morning all from a bright Skyed Essex, as GG And Sar have already mentioned. ?

I too wTched Countryfile and thought of Sheep. I seem to be much more interested in farm life after reading all her doings. So emotional when the twin lamb was stuck and had to be pushed back into the womb. The little face peeking out. I felt the same as the presenter holding my breath with tears in my eyes. I wouldn’t be much help to you Sheep.?

Good luck Bellasnanna . I’m sure all will go well. ?

I had a lovely Mothering Sunday. Flowers, chocs , smellies and handbag. DD and little Gd popped round and then DS1 and family made an appearance. All at a distance. DS2 FaceTimed and I saw his two little darlings. The only ones I didn’t glimpse were the twin Gs’s (nearly 15) , and Dgd1 who is at Uni. She sent a message. ♥️

I found a big bag of odd wool in the loft, so I’m crocheting lots of squares for a very colourful blanket. I’m really enjoying it as I’ve had quite a break from it after making each GC one (8 of them) . I will keep going until all the wool is gone and maybe raffle it for charity.

Today I have my Zoom Bridge lesson. My friend is 70 today and I will drop her some flowers and chocs round and wish her a happy day. I ordered her a present on line and it arrived with a battered presentation box so I’ll send it back.

Wishing you all as good a day as possible. ??

dragonfly46 Mon 15-Mar-21 08:10:41

Good morning from almost sunny Leicestershire.

DS rang 3 times yesterday asking when we can go down and see them in their new house. We last saw them 15 months ago as we have to stay overnight and we have been sticking to the rules.

DD sent me some cocktails which are fun.

Nothing day today. I might clean the bathrooms if I can be bothered.

Good luck today Bellasnana

ginny Mon 15-Mar-21 08:12:11

Good Morning. Dry and a little bit of blue sky here in N. Bucks.

Lovely day yesterday. Thoughtful gifts and cards from 3 DDs. Coffee and a gentle walk with DD2. Also a phone call from DGS (18) who chatted away and said he was looking forward to being able to meet up for lunch next month.

A day of bits and bobs for me

Good luck to all with medical appointments . Thoughts with all feeling down. Hope you can all find a ?today.

grandMattie Mon 15-Mar-21 08:12:46

Good luck at the dentist Marydoll. When you’re tired of counting backwards, perhaps you can try the following. I find saying the alphabet backwards very good for concentrating the mind.

Alygran Mon 15-Mar-21 08:19:12

Good morning from North Yorkshire. It’s a lovely sunny morning. DD2 is still here and we are off to the arboretum today. Day 15 of 10000 steps a day (I did them yesterday Urms)
Had a lovely day yesterday like so many of you. When I picked up my iPad this morning DD1 had put a lovely message and photos on Instagram!
Thinking of those with hospital and dental appointments.
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

LauraNorder Mon 15-Mar-21 08:30:51

Good morning Mick and all from dry Anglesey. Sky bright but grey.
Builders due this morning so fingers crossed for some progress.
Spring on its way.
Good luck Bellasnana, Cornergran, Marydoll and all facing procedures and treatment today.
Lovely to hear about all the lovely Mother’s Day treats. My two local sons popped over with cards and gifts we stood at the door while the children ran happily around the garden and climbed up to the tree house. WhatsApp calls with the Leicester family and a message from Australia. #contentedmum.
Hope little Pinchy is okay.
Hope you all find a random pink flamingo ? today.

brook2704 Mon 15-Mar-21 08:30:57

Hope all goes well at the dentist marydoll and that it’s not too uncomfortable for you ?

Susan56 Mon 15-Mar-21 08:31:09

Good morning from Shropshire.A dry, bright start today?

We had a good day visiting my mum yesterday.It can be tricky but she was in good spirits and delighted with her bag of treats from M and S.She looked really well and the house and garden were looking lovely.She has a cleaner and gardener and they have done a brilliant job keeping on top of things while we haven’t been able to visit.

Hope your appointments go well today Bellasnanna and Mary and good luck with the prep Corner???

Have a good day all and thinking of all with sadness, worries and family members who are unwell.

Lins1066 Mon 15-Mar-21 08:33:50

Good morning Mick and all from a damp S Welsh coast, though it is supposed to dry up.
Domestic chores needed today, ironing, laundry and two butternut squashes to turn into soup. Thank you everyone who sent their good wishes yesterday.
My thoughts are with all those with troubles and various procedures today.
Marydoll I recite the times tables and poetry, some things you never forget.
Take care everyone and have a good day.

Greyduster Mon 15-Mar-21 08:37:23

Good morning Michael and all GNs. It’s dry in South Yorkshire and a tad warmer - that’s about all the enthusiasm I can summon up for the weather this morning. Yesterday’s Mother’s Day was an embarrassment of riches - flowers arrived from DS and DiL and then DD and her menfolk turned up with more flowers, a home made afternoon tea with cakes, scones and smoked salmon sandwiches, and a beautiful bone china cake stand which I shall look forward to using. I could get used to afternoon tea! A trip to the butchers later for us and a walk in the park.
Hope you get on okay today Bellasnana and all is well.
Sheep I hope your orphans have a happy life breeding new generations eventually. You’ll be glad to slow down now, if it’s only a little!
Nice to hear you’re settling in, Pitt. I’ve no doubt you’ll move the furniture at least once more before you’re happy - it took me ages! DH was tearing his hair out!
Ah, the sun has come out! Bonus! Have a good day, everyone.

Stilllearning Mon 15-Mar-21 08:38:07

Morning all from a bright sunny but frosty S Lanarkshire, I’ll look forward to a walk later. Today is my second lockdown birthday, thank goodness I didn’t know that a year ago. Like many others, I went into ‘purdah’ about a week or so before it was formally required.
A lovely day yesterday and a quiet one ahead with some cards etc to open and no doubt phone calls. I am truly thankful to be here to celebrate the day, so very many are not.
Thinking of Bellasnana, cornergran and everyone else with worries today xx

Grandmafrench Mon 15-Mar-21 08:46:47

Good Morning everyone.S of France calling......where it’s another blue and sunny day. My laundry will be dry in a trice in the wind, so wondering if I should wash the chair covers. Such important and exciting plans....

Still a better day for those of us not undergoing or planning Oscopies. Focus on Flamingoes and for you, Bella, a time later today when you’ll smile as the anxiety is over with.
You all have the Power of Grans with you, so don’t worry.

I have the most beautiful Jasmine to plant today....a yesterday’s gift of “something permanent” from my DS. ?

Nice to successfully rehome some of your little charges, sheep. Do allow yourself a proper rest between midwifery and horticulture. Maybe just an afternoon doing something just for you?

After a gruelling visit to the dentist, Mary, at least you’ll have a dazzling smile again....even if sometimes it’s hard to locate it.

I’m off to bake a chocolate Orange cake, in anticipation of spending some sun in the garden time this afternoon.

Be good, take care, stay safe and a Flypast of Flamingoes to you all, today. ??????????

Hugs x ?‍♀️?

Gagagran Mon 15-Mar-21 08:49:05

Morning all from a sunny south coast. 6.9c on my weather station when I got up at 6.15am.

DD walked over to sit in the garden yesterday afternoon and brought me a card to go with the flowers she had already sent. It was so good to see her properly and hear about her afternoon volunteering at the vaccination clinic on Saturday. She really enjoyed it and is doing it again next Saturday. She said a lot of people were there getting their second jabs so it should not be too long now before we do too. It's 8 weeks tomorrow since our first. She was pleased to see her Dad briefly and I was able to share my concerns about him, with her.

He is marking time on progress, I have to say, and still has a long way to go before he is anything like normal. If he ever gets there again. I am in a constant state of concern about him. This past year has been so hard both for us with my covid in May followed by his emergency surgery and 5 weeks in hospital and now this slow recovery from op. 2. And he still has op. 3 to face in due course. All underpinned with the pandemic going on all round us all. My brave face has sagged quite a lot.

Hey ho, there are many others in a worse position and I am just having a bit of self-pity. Sorry about that. It helps to be able to say "No, actually I'm not alright" and I do that on GN.

Grandmafrench Mon 15-Mar-21 08:53:53

Happy happy Birthday, ??? stilllearning. Two birthdays in purdah?! Well, it’s getting silly now so whatever happens, you’ve done your time....the next one must be truly special. You owe yourself a nice plan. In the meantime, keep going, step up and take your medal for coping and holding on to your good humour and resilience! Wishing you a happy day and better ones to come. X

dragonfly46 Mon 15-Mar-21 08:59:06

Happy Birthday stillearning

Susan56 Mon 15-Mar-21 09:00:51

Happy birthday stilllearning???

Grandmafrench Mon 15-Mar-21 09:03:04

Don’t ever despair, gaga - were here to unload to, but just take it one day at a time. No point in worrying about ‘whatifery’ just face any problem if it happens. You’ve had so much to cope with but you’ve both come so far. As you say, you’re due for your 2nd vaccines....we couldn’t have dreamt of such promises of salvation this time last year. Hope that your wobbly moments swiftly pass, and big girl pants are pulled up alongside sagging faces. You’ll get there.???

Greyduster Mon 15-Mar-21 09:03:42

Happy birthday Stillearning. Have a lovely day??.

Anniebach Mon 15-Mar-21 09:05:16

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

aggie Mon 15-Mar-21 09:08:23

Good Morning all, it was lovely and sunny an hour ago when I sat down to catch up on the forum. , but the clouds are rolling in !
I am having a wee drive this morning , DD has an appointment at the Optician and I am going for company , I can sit in the car and people watch , DD is my bubble
I am hopeless at remembering to comment on posts , but I will be remembering people with “oscopys” and the dreaded dentist xxx
I can just about count forward , never mind in foreign lingo and backwards ! I was in hospital with Scarlet Fever when the rest of the class were learning their Tables , I never caught up past 5 times and developed odd strategies to compensate but I think I’m past all that now !

Gelisajams Mon 15-Mar-21 09:10:33

Good morning from Morecambe Bay where it is dry for once.
Thinking today particularly of Bellasnanna and Marydoll
A beautiful bunch of flowers arrived yesterday from My son who hadn’t sent a card. I shall pass them on today to all who are struggling at the moment.
A very happy birthday stilllearning
DS1 is going to call round today and we shall go for a walk with him. It’s 3 weeks since our jabs, so later today we are going to venture into a supermarket to choose our own fruit and veg. The deliveries have been good but there’s something special about choosing your own!
Take care everyone and stay safe ???