Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Saturday

(90 Posts)
12Michael Sat 27-Mar-21 06:14:14

Good Morning Everyone,
Its dry and bright outside here in Brackley this morning .
Today for me maybe do an early small shop , and then watch TV , with cycling on later as well.
Also later put the clocks forward an hour as well, plans to get a 2 course Chinese take away later also.
But with Lockdown restrictions coming in on Monday , and the opportunity to use the bus and visit places like Buckingham ,and bicester are on the cards .
Take Care,
Mick

Urmstongran Sat 27-Mar-21 16:55:01

❤️ it Pittcity! Very quick. ?

Pittcity Sat 27-Mar-21 16:50:06

It's been two weeks already Urmston and the value of the property has increased considerably wink

Taichinan Sat 27-Mar-21 14:59:36

The non-recognition of an ironing board made me chuckle. My DGD3 had no idea what a saucer was when I was talking about cups and saucers a few years ago. How quickly our vocabulary and perceptions change over the years. I can't now remember the last time I used cups and saucers!

maydonoz Sat 27-Mar-21 12:53:52

Pitti city, thanks for that tip, maybe I'll do that in future.
Anyway I chose two this am of different sizes, so one fits and I can return the other.
Hope you're settled in and enjoy your new home and area.

Mapleleaf Sat 27-Mar-21 12:04:23

Good morning everyone,

It's a very blustery and cold day today. Some plants had blown over and needed to be put back upright. I wonder how long they will stay put?

Just got back from the butchers and put everything away in the fridge and freezer, so that's a good job done.

Will go and make a simnel cake for Easter shortly - it seems to be creeping around rather quickly.

Sorry to hear about Hattie - a lovely little dog, who will be sadly missed by Maw. ?

Take care all, and sending thoughts to all with troubles, worries or illness, and especially thoughts to you, marydoll - take it easy. ?

EllanVannin Sat 27-Mar-21 11:51:32

Good Morning All x.
Bright and breezy this morning but far windier earlier on. I got up at 10 to 6 and decided it was a bit nippy so flicked the heating on and went back to bed until the place warmed up.
Nearly 3 hours later-----shot out of bed, why, I don't know grin must have thought I was late for something. I can't lie-in.

First thing on my mind were crumpets before it got to lunchtime, then a shower to liven myself up. Then the phone went and it was a request for my 2nd jab at the medical centre for next Wednesday. I could have gone today as there'd been a cancellation but because D takes me there I didn't know what arrangements she'd have had today so left it until next week.

A high five to Iris. I can't believe what that child has endured and is now going to do a 3 mile walk ! What a girl and well done to her.

That quilt is a delight, I love it Scentia, you're so clever.

Such sadness with Maw and her beloved Hattie. x Some things are so unfair and what an uncaring attitude to disallow her access to her friends at a much needed time. Shocking !

Lovely flowery pics again I notice. I did spot the flowering currant one which seems to be the first to flower alongside the forsythia and the two colours together always look so nice. Must be my nose again, but flowering currant always smells like a Tom cat grin Me and my proboscis !

Marydoll how difficult it must be never knowing the minute with the conditions you have. I can't imagine coping with that lot. x Take care today.

Hope the day is easier for Auntieflo too and pain eases. x

Thoughts are with you as well Dragonfly as you come to terms with what's happened . x

You'll certainly have your work cut out on the farm Sheepandcattle, one consolation being that the weather will get better as you go along. Good to hear of Pinchy's progress and I'm sure that Bogdon will be delighted with his lady friends once things get cracking.

Speaking about deeds, when my late H and I took over the family property, we glanced through old deeds from the 1800's and saw that an owner ( shipping magnate ) had owned the continuation from the bottom of the garden right down to the prom-----to which there's a road now, but nothing in other deeds about when a highway came about. The garden itself was 100ft + long. Pa-in-law had bought the house in 1943 originally---with servants quarters if you please. Me ! smile

Looking back, I could have had a couple of goats to keep the grass down as I used to mow it ! It took a good hour.
Fabulous place but I couldn't possibly have stayed there because of the upkeep as it was a GradeII and expensive to maintain right on the seafront. I'd remained for 6 years after H died but it was eating at my finances. Happy times though.

It takes me an age to get through the posts and I do try my best in thinking of you all so even if you don't " see" yourself included, I can guarantee that you are, indeed.

I wish everyone a good day whatever you do, take care and stay safe.xx

Blossoming Sat 27-Mar-21 11:33:48

Goodness gracious marydoll what a fright! I hope you really are going to rest today. So sorry to hear about Maw’s wee dog, it’s one of the hardest decisions you have to make as a pet owner.

I’m a bit slow headed this morning, reading all your posts now. Sending love to all and strength to those with troubles.

Blossoming Sat 27-Mar-21 11:27:45

Good morning all from a sunny but very windy Lancashire. We had hailstorms last night! Not much sleep last night, so today I will take things slowly. A little laundry to be done. New curtains have been delivered but I shall leave that job until tomorrow or Monday. Last night’s leftover chilli and baked potato was delicious. Our well used Lidl air fryer gave up the ghost earlier in the week after giving sterling service, so treated ourselves to a singing, dancing Ninja one. It was on offer, £30 off so happy with that.

I want to share Mr. B’s bird boxes with you, he is good with his hands, he was an engineer before retiring and spent a long time drawing up plans! We will be giving them away to friends and family once we’re able to get out and about.

Litterpicker Sat 27-Mar-21 11:25:07

Good morning from West Sussex. It felt very cold while I was doing my Zoom Pilates class in the living room earlier, even though the sun was shining. I’m looking forward to next week’s promised high temperatures, even if it’s only for a couple of days. Sorry that places further north have rain predicted.

I was amazed by the outcome of the rugby last night and felt sorry for Scottish friends who would have been at the matches in normal times. Congratulations to Wales too ???????

So many posts I would like to comment on but I will leave a space for others! On the happy side, the lovely photos of plants, quilt, gardens and views bring enjoyment.
To the many with extra sorrows, know that, along with others here, I am wishing you strength and hope, Stilllearning, Dragonfly, Maw, Marydoll, Cherry, Georgesgran and all those caring for DH’s like GrannySomerset, Harrigran, Gagagran. I know I’ve missed several. I will go back to re-read the thread later but now I must go and collect library books and get a bit of exercise at the same time. I weighed myself yesterday, having found my jeans rather tight and it was a shock ?. I have been lucky to have been a skinny malinky in my younger days!

muse Sat 27-Mar-21 11:18:03

Sunny cold Cornwall but showers expected on and off. Had a couple all ready.

Busy day planned and a good job. Keep to my mind occupied. My envy emotion has a tight grip this morning angry.

Lockdown restrictions are starting to lift and on Monday we can travel locally ! How is that different from current rule of staying close to home?

Jax like it

Keep warm and safe everyone.

Gwenisgreat1 Sat 27-Mar-21 11:08:58

Good morning all from sunny Harrogate.
Is that a shrimp flower Grandmattie? You must be bursting with pride at your little Iris!!
"fraid Ashcombe I am very lazy and leave the ironing board up so i can iron whenever (which isn't often!!)
A lovely quilt, Scentia don't look for imperfections, just enjoy it!
Your Amarylis does look statuesque Gingster
A very interesting but mammoth task ahead Sheepand cattle
Maw so sorry about Hattie, as I know too well, dogs are family. flowers
Definitely rest today Marydoll you gave your family quite a scare yesterday!!
It looks like I have to bake some biscuits today. I am really looking forward to DGDs birthday party. DD is operating it like a relay race! DH, DD2, GS and myself are 1st stage, Then her Mil and Sil, and finally Dgds school friend.
Had the results of my DNA yesterday from 2 very Welsh parents, I am 51.2% Irish, Scottish and Welsh. Correctly adds Gwynedd, North Wales. I am 35.2% Scandinavian???? and 13.6% Spanish???????????
I am slightly different from my sister - has my mum been naughty??
Food for thought!!

Have as good a day as possible

Urmstongran Sat 27-Mar-21 11:03:56

Exciting time for you EkwaNimitee I can sense your joy! How wonderful to be so positive about your move further north. x

Hope you are settling in nicely too Pittcity? One week already! Or is it two? Time goes quickly as we live life vicariously at present.
?

GrannyOwl5 Sat 27-Mar-21 11:01:41

Morning everyone from a sunny Kent coast; the breeze is a bit chilly though so will be taking refuge in the greenhouse later.

I too would like to donate to young Iris; an inspiration to us all. Will look out for your link as and when Grandmattie

Condolences to Maw and thoughts will be with her today. ?What a great opportunity for the powers that be to show compassion over regulations in Maw’s hour of need.

EkwaNimitee exciting times for you and your new home.

Hope everyone has a good day

Roses Sat 27-Mar-21 10:55:21

Maw ?

GrannySomerset Sat 27-Mar-21 10:38:05

We both have second jabs next week - on different days and in different places, of course - and are pleased to think we can have friends for coffee outside. Hurrah!

Grey and uncertain weather but yesterday 20 posh sweet pea plants arrived (belated birthday gift) and I need to find a place for them and prepare it. That will be quite enough physical effort for one day!

Stilllearning Sat 27-Mar-21 10:32:32

Good morning from S Lanarkshire. It’s been a busy week so a quiet day planned. My friend is surprised and very touched that total strangers are thinking of and praying for her and her husband, who’s dementia, I’m afraid, is not saving him from understanding their loss. She sends her thanks.
My thoughts also go to dragonfly and her friend.
Great admiration for brave little Iris Grandmattie, I’ll want to donate too when it gets organised.
Good wishes to everyone for a peaceful day.

Taichinan Sat 27-Mar-21 10:32:16

Jax love that!!

Taichinan Sat 27-Mar-21 10:30:49

Good morning all from a beautiful day in the Angus coast. Where did that come from?! I wasn't expecting that this weekend but it's very acceptable.
Have read only the first two posts so far - another 68 to go so far! - so will have to leave that pleasure until later. At the moment my lovely gardener is here. He's been coming to me for nearly 20 years now and is 70. He's been an outside worker all his days - first on farms and later working for himself - and he's a real treasure! What he achieves in one hour would take me a month of Sundays, bless him.
Apart from that, nothing to report. I can't believe we've been living this strange life for a year now. But a sunny day certainly improves the quality. I hope the sun is shining where you are, and the birds are singing and the flowers are blooming. Stay safe all. ?????

CherryCezzy Sat 27-Mar-21 10:15:12

See, I do have a guppy brain! I want to send my condolences to Maw who I know that Hattie was her joy ?

CherryCezzy Sat 27-Mar-21 10:13:26

Good morning everyone. Sun's up in the Gower and it's a lovely Spring day even if it is a little on the cool side.

Yesterday ?! My WP is very good at a lot of things but his memory leaves a lot to be desired ... he's particularly useless forgetful about ordering his repeat prescriptions but won't let me take control help him keep a record so he can order them before the day he runs out! He ran out ?. He had to ring the GP to ask to have repeats from the pharmacy so he would have his supply over the weekend. The GP was great and did it but lo and behold, as I thought might be the case, the pharmacy didn't have all of them in stock. Cue getting in the car for a journey of several miles to the nearest pharmacy open, in Sainsbury's. They didn't have them in stock either! He still won't listen to me and let me help get him organised ?. We didn't argue exchange words over it but he's staying out of my way this morning, looking rather sheepish ?

Today I'm going to be rather indulgent and take some impressions from the garden for my next non artistic artwork and sit drinking tea and eating chocolate, #lardya**e ?

Scentia I think you've done a great job with that quilt! Don't talk your efforts down, it's wonderful ?

What an amazing young lady Iris is to be preparing to do a three mile sponsored walk on her crutches. Truly inspirational. Yes, please let us know when the time is right so we can have the link to sponsor her when she's ready grandMattie ?

Marydoll, please take it easy and take care ?

My guppy brain -- that's probably unfair to guppies-- knows that there are some goodmorningers who have family members with birthdays today but it won't let me access who you all are, so I'm sending birthday greetings en masse to them all ? ? ?

I won't tell Auntieflo, it's instinctive and understandable that you illicitly ((hugged)) a couple of people. Sending you one back ?

Thank you everyone who have sent me and are still sending me well wishes, they are appreciated more than you know ?

Have a decent Saturday everyone, sending my very best to any and every be of you struggling for whatever reason at the moment ?????????????.
Be kind to yourselves everyone ❤️

Jaxjacky Sat 27-Mar-21 10:05:05

Ekwa how exciting for you, bet you can’t wait!
I just found this people:

hulahoop Sat 27-Mar-21 09:59:19

Good morning from a windy West York's. very disappointed .son who we haven't seen since last year rang to say he is having a week off next week so he had gc could come to see us but we are still isolating it will be w/end after Easter when fortnight is up so no meeting anyone over Easter ?I know I shouldn't moan there are a lot worse things ! I have some ironing today that's the most exciting thing happening here today .Take care everyone .

Megs36 Sat 27-Mar-21 09:50:31

Our second vaccination is next week, a couple of weeks earlier than expected. Thank goodness for NHS and all who plan everything.

Gelisajams Sat 27-Mar-21 09:50:31

Maw?

hollysteers Sat 27-Mar-21 09:41:41

Good morning Mick and everyone from a blustery Lancashire northwest coast. The wind has blown off the plant on my little “bistro” table in front garden but I intend to find my sheltered spot for some Vit D. I have been enjoying my birthday presents, flowers, Belgian chocolates and my new Alexa, so can talk to her apart from the cat.
Must have a tidy up after my birthday orgy?REAL cooking took place courtesy of son and everything domestic dropped for the company.
I watched the first episode of Shitsel on Netflix and love it. Must spread the episodes out and not have one big binge.
Thinking of little Louis, Maw, Dragonfly, Cherry, Auntieflo, Marydoll punchy and all with troubles.
Back later for a read through.