Gransnet forums

Chat

The Argy Bar and Tea Room

(1001 Posts)
Doodle Sat 27-Mar-21 20:16:59

Service as usual in the Argy folks but with the addition of our new roof top tea garden. In the words of the famous Basil Fawlty, no riffraff. ?

Doodle Tue 11-May-21 19:51:17

Personal trainer ?️ , no sooner said than done. Ladies let me introduce muscles McVitie . Call him biccy for short. Your new personal trainer. He’s here for the week to get you trimmed up for the can can and also some self defence training for our roles in AB 12. He’s very fit. He’ll soon have your leg over AGA
brook can you find Biccy somewhere to sleep tonight. He’s here on bed and board for the week.
grandmajet please keep an eye on him so the llamas don’t take a fancy to that ......well rounded posterior.
Come on ixion line up, you’re first for the downward dog ?

ixion Tue 11-May-21 19:42:54

Please see my recent comment - (again)

In that case, I'm just off to wash my hair
????

brook2704 Tue 11-May-21 19:34:49

Oooh - it sounds like we need a personal trainer to get us all into shape .... boot camp starting tomorrow ?

AGAA4 Tue 11-May-21 16:20:42

Good job I was wearing my thick wincyette bloomers. Gnasher is very hairy but he has done well getting me down without any biting.
Maybe I can practice more and I will be fine for the finale where we show off our frilly posteriors.

ixion Tue 11-May-21 16:10:57

In that case, I'm just off to wash my hair?

grandmajet Tue 11-May-21 16:07:40

Gnasher’s coming to wriggle under you AGA, then he can dislodge you. He’s very hairy so he may tickle your fancy a bit.

ixion Tue 11-May-21 15:45:50

You are wearing knickers, before we get the Fire Brigade in?
(?Please, oh please,?)

AGAA4 Tue 11-May-21 15:39:58

Tried the same thing and can't get it down again. Ooh me arthritic hip!

ixion Tue 11-May-21 12:12:13

OK.
So I've swung my leg up and my foot is now poised over the barre.
What next??‍♀️

Doodle Mon 10-May-21 22:37:59

? ?

grandmajet Mon 10-May-21 22:35:42

Doodle, make sure he removes the scarifier attachment first!

Doodle Mon 10-May-21 20:40:58

Yes gang, as ixion said I have been zumbaing. If we are to perform the can can we will need to practice. I have arranged for Chippy the Carpenter to but a barre on the wall for us to practice our high kicks.
AGA brilliant job with the carpet. That means we will be ready for Sir Tom.
Now as for knickers girls we need to go to Sexy Sadie for some French knickers with frills so when we throw our skirts up they can be seen underneath.
And before you ask, Yes grandmajet you do have to wear knickers for the can can.
Now get practicing all. I’m just going down to the garden centre where Greenfingers Gordon has promised to run the mower over my legs. Got to have them nice and smooth for the show ?

grandmajet Mon 10-May-21 20:27:03

Of course we can do it, we just need a few pints of poteen, and maybe a bit of WD40. We don’t want to creak at a crucial moment.

brook2704 Mon 10-May-21 18:34:07

Zumba .. well that’s another thing all together!

brook2704 Mon 10-May-21 18:30:52

Looks like we need to be quite flexible for that Can Can Jet do you think we’ll get our legs that high??

ixion Mon 10-May-21 17:34:07

Doodle's getting well limbered up on the old Zumba, by all accounts.
Perhaps she would run us a quick master class.

grandmajet Mon 10-May-21 17:27:54

Ooh, l love the can can! This is what we should aim for, girls!

AGAA4 Mon 10-May-21 16:47:46

I was surprised too ixion. Thought Tom might be impressed but he may prefer a more curvy woman so hope for me yet.

ixion Mon 10-May-21 16:22:01

Golly AGA.
You mean knickers come in a size 8??

AGAA4 Mon 10-May-21 15:43:37

Carlo Carpets on the Dock Road will give us a red runner for a fiver and all the poteen he can drink. Fair deal?

grandmajet I only throw unworn knickers onto the stage. They are unworn as they are a size 8 and I am a bit larger. I keep them for all my idols, Tom, Mick, Sting, Mr Blobby.

brook mentioned the can can. That would go down well in the bar area. Fronk says he has seen it performed in Paris many times so can teach us.

Doodle Sun 09-May-21 22:05:01

Oh what am I going to wear. I must get Shaun the Spray to give me another wax and polish. Quick visit to Madame Pom Pom for a stunning outfit. Oh my goodness. We need to tidy the place up.
Put the Admiral under the carpet, polish the glasses. Trim the llamas. Oooh I’m sooo excited. Red carpet, we need a red carpet. Anyone know where we can get one?

brook2704 Sun 09-May-21 20:58:27

Breaking news - he’s available next week ... Get ready gang we’re on a roll and he’s looking forward to meeting us all ... !!
A weekend sleepover ... now you’re talking ixion
The Las Vegas night sounds wonderful
Doodle just what’s needed .. brilliant idea. Let’s get those plumes and sequins ready

Doodle Sun 09-May-21 18:53:08

I need a crash course on being a masseuse. I want to be the one that lavishes the body oils.
Ooh yes we must have him on stage. I will buy a new pair of Lacy thongs to throw. I’m sure he’d love it here. Much more homely than Las Vegas.....
........Las Vegas......roulette....gambling tables...dancers with plumes.....can you see where I’m going girls.....a new business for the Argy. Anyone know any card sharps ? ? ? ?

grandmajet Sun 09-May-21 17:50:35

Great ideas, we should rake it in. ????
We should assign Thor and Tracker as his personal bodyguards in case of any predatory females - mentioning no names, of course.
I hope you wash your knickers before hurling them around Lemongrove manor park, AGA!

AGAA4 Sun 09-May-21 17:08:04

I would like to hear him banging out some of his hits. We could throw our knickers onto the stage in appreciation.

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion