Gransnet forums

Chat

Lab or Bats?

(39 Posts)
Newatthis Wed 31-Mar-21 10:09:18

So, lableak or bats? I know there has been so much said on this but I can't help thinking that there is still a huge cover up with regard to COVID escaping from a lab - what do we think?

www.aol.co.uk/news/calls-further-investigation-possibility-covid-155623542.html

MerylStreep Thu 01-Apr-21 21:58:33

I think the most feasible explanation I’ve heard is on Radio 4.
It’s called The Jump. No sensationalism, just facts and of course
scientific assumptions by experts in this field.

growstuff Thu 01-Apr-21 21:37:27

EllanVannin

Many many Chinese visit this country for Christmas as they did in December 2019 which was when the virus supposedly began there on the 1st, yet other sources claim it began much earlier.

Again, apart from the two in Newcastle who were shown to be infected, do you have any proof at all than any of the tourists were infected?

This is pure speculation at the moment.

growstuff Thu 01-Apr-21 21:35:41

China has a population which is used to being compliant. If the government decrees something, people do as they're told. They are also used to wearing masks as an anti-pollution measure. I don't accept the fact that China acted so quickly and effectively as a reason to believe that the virus came from a lab.

EllanVannin Thu 01-Apr-21 21:35:33

I was bat-watching earlier as we have the tiny Pipistrelles here and one goes round in circles at dusk as the sun has set and come close too.

EllanVannin Thu 01-Apr-21 21:32:27

Many many Chinese visit this country for Christmas as they did in December 2019 which was when the virus supposedly began there on the 1st, yet other sources claim it began much earlier.

EllanVannin Thu 01-Apr-21 21:29:35

I wouldn't rely on what the WHO say either.

EllanVannin Thu 01-Apr-21 21:28:21

It's as though China knew what to do as they've all but eradicated the virus and I don't think they had a second wave. Their deaths have been fewer than ours and the odd few that are infected have trickled in from overseas bring the virus with them.
How on earth have they managed to contain their millions population from all being infected ?

growstuff Thu 01-Apr-21 20:57:40

EllanVannin

I've thought for long enough that it had " escaped " from a laboratory.

Do you have anything more than a hunch? I'm open-minded because I honestly don't know, but I'd be interested in finding out more from somebody who might actually know.

growstuff Thu 01-Apr-21 20:56:18

Katie59

AIDS spread from primates to humans probably by blood contact from bush meat. It was then spread amongst the population most likely with one of the mass vaccination programmes, for other tropical diseases, at that time they used multi dose syringes. Gay transmission was a minor contributor, ironically the higher classes suffered most because they were first in line for vaccination.

Do you have a link for that? I'd like to find out more from a reliable source.

EllanVannin Thu 01-Apr-21 20:45:41

I've thought for long enough that it had " escaped " from a laboratory.

MayBee70 Thu 01-Apr-21 20:33:45

growstuff

sodapop

Totally agree with your post Sarnia I've never been convinced of the wet market theory.
It had to have come from the laboratory in some way even if accidentally.

Why did it have to have come from the laboratory?

If it didn’t come from a laboratory why won’t China let the WHO investigate the laboratories properly? What have they got to hide?

maddyone Thu 01-Apr-21 18:46:31

We’ll never know for certain where it originated, because the authorities in China won’t allow proper, open investigation and they will conceal information.

Katie59 Thu 01-Apr-21 18:28:28

AIDS spread from primates to humans probably by blood contact from bush meat. It was then spread amongst the population most likely with one of the mass vaccination programmes, for other tropical diseases, at that time they used multi dose syringes. Gay transmission was a minor contributor, ironically the higher classes suffered most because they were first in line for vaccination.

growstuff Thu 01-Apr-21 18:11:00

sodapop

Totally agree with your post Sarnia I've never been convinced of the wet market theory.

Why did it have to have come from the laboratory?

Elegran Thu 01-Apr-21 17:54:42

In any case, AIDS is not a purely homosexual illness. It is transmitted most easily by contact with the soft moist inner lining of the body - any body.

Alegrias1 Thu 01-Apr-21 16:32:02

?

BlueBelle Thu 01-Apr-21 16:30:35

Not really Daisymae there has been homosexual sex since man began, why not before ?

Daisymae Thu 01-Apr-21 16:02:43

Yes, I think that we do know how AIDS originated.

BlueBelle Thu 01-Apr-21 12:42:07

It doesn’t matter we can think and think, we don’t know, so what’s the point going over and over it
Do we know where AIDS first started from or bird flu or any of the epidemics or pandemics we have been through
I was reading an old diary I usually start for a few weeks then it all drifts off until the following year ?anyway this was 2010
I m saying how bad the worlds feels with the threat of global warming, stories of storms, floods, loss of homes, that there is a very bad economy ,high unemployment and money problems at their highest in decades and that swine flu was scaring everybody and we were being promised a pandemic that would wipe us all out. This was 11 years ago nothing much changed really, just got worse

Daisymae Thu 01-Apr-21 11:46:12

It's if prime importance that the origins of the pandemic are found. I definitely don't think that we know the full facts. If I had to bet I think that a lab error is the strongest possibility.

moggiek Thu 01-Apr-21 10:50:48

I think it came from a lab. Not deliberately, just a regular human error, but one which sadly has had dreadful consequences.

maddyone Thu 01-Apr-21 10:45:14

I think it came from the lab, but that of course is only my opinion. I also think it was an accident, but again, just my opinion. Like sodapop I’ve never been convinced of the wet market theory.

Blossoming Thu 01-Apr-21 09:39:17

Elegran I had a quick news search yesterday, it had been stated that it didn’t come from the lab, then that it did, then that it didn’t, et cetera. So I was right that I had heard that, but news has been updated since.

sodapop Thu 01-Apr-21 08:42:46

Sarnia Thu 01-Apr-21 08:22:57

The Director-General of the WHO has criticised the findings of his own team of investigators saying they did not carry out a sufficient examination of all areas and did not fully investigate the labs. China now are asking the world to show respect to the scientists 'findings'. I doubt very much if China co-operated fully in an honest and transparent way. The WHO team would have only seen what the Chinese Government wanted them to see. It is a whitewash which tells us nothing and does not bode well for the future.