Gransnet forums

Chat

harry and megan

(439 Posts)
earnshaw Mon 03-May-21 11:39:22

it turns out that the publicity shy couple were so keen on privacy that they didnt even want the £38 million wedding we were forced into paying for them, blimey, they could have said something earlier, like before the public coughed up a fortune for security, A list celeb guests and more melodrama than an x factor sob story, they are now claiming they wanted none of that because " it didnt feel like their day ", but they went through it anyway, bless em. They told Oprah that they actually had a private exchange of vows three days before, just the two of them were present as well as the archbishop of canterbury - perfectly normal behaviour, , now that they have aired all their laundry in public to the whole world, they are off to work on that private life they claim to crave, At least until the next big interview comes up

Josianne Thu 11-Nov-21 13:35:08

And yet today it is showing this thread on both???
Maybe the deleted thread could secretly hide itself in here.
Though that's not really the point.

theworriedwell Thu 11-Nov-21 13:37:27

Josianne

I'm NEVER EVER going to try to understand Meghan again!
I borrowed a book from the library and my puppy chewed a page, (obviously he wasn't impressed with the subject matter!) The library made me buy a new copy. What a waste of my money!
Anyone want it as a spare Christmas present with half a page missing?

How annoying for you. I give lots of books to the library when I've read them but buying one is a bit different.

Hope it was worth a read.

maddyone Thu 11-Nov-21 13:39:54

Perhaps Meghan has some supporters at GHNQ. It seems rather likely in fact in since many people have strong views about her, both positive and negative.

NotTooOld Thu 11-Nov-21 15:33:46

Agree, something is not right here.

Kim19 Thu 11-Nov-21 15:42:03

Think M is prepping herself for USA No.1 job in a few years.

Josianne Thu 11-Nov-21 16:11:58

Kim19

Think M is prepping herself for USA No.1 job in a few years.

I agree Kim19 and if you read Harry's speech to the USA veterans last night it is all being cleverly engineered for Meghan to achieve this. References to the "close military bond between the two nations" etc.
Also the interesting use of the pronoun "our" suggesting he now belongs to the country. Ive lived in the US for close to two years now. I have to say, witnessing your support for all those that put themselves in harm’s way in defence of our freedoms and liberties – it’s remarkable and hugely respected and I'm living the American Dream.

Calistemon Thu 11-Nov-21 16:21:24

I'm living the American Dream.
Perhaps he needs to take his rose-tinted specs off and get down off his cushion of wealth and see what The American Dream is like for so many in the States.

merlotgran Thu 11-Nov-21 16:29:18

I don’t think he’s all there.

maddyone Thu 11-Nov-21 17:38:56

Calistemon

^I'm living the American Dream.^
Perhaps he needs to take his rose-tinted specs off and get down off his cushion of wealth and see what The American Dream is like for so many in the States.

Absolutely.

Josianne Thu 11-Nov-21 18:04:43

Is the American Dream not achieved by hard work?
I bet many Americans don't see swanning about in posh frocks and writing a book as particularly hard work. And that's just his wife. What exactly does Harry do?

Anniebach Thu 11-Nov-21 18:13:08

Perhaps an error , he said ‘I am living the American Dream’ but
meant ‘I am living Megan’s Dream’

merlotgran Thu 11-Nov-21 18:18:06

I don’t think he has any understanding of what the American Dream actually means.

You can live any dream you like if your starting point is having millions in the bank and surrounded by sycophants

Josianne Thu 11-Nov-21 18:20:20

Anniebach

Perhaps an error , he said ‘I am living the American Dream’ but
meant ‘I am living Megan’s Dream’

That's true Anniebach. I'm no expert on things American but doesn't the dream consist of upward social mobility from a lowlier starting position? How does that fit when Harry was at the top anyway?

Calistemon Thu 11-Nov-21 20:31:07

The American Dream has always been about the prospect of success, but 100 years ago, the phrase meant the opposite of what it does now. The original “American Dream” was not a dream of individual wealth; it was a dream of equality, justice and democracy for the nation. The phrase was repurposed by each generation, until the Cold War, when it became an argument for a consumer capitalist version of democracy. Our ideas about the “American Dream” froze in the 1950s. Today, it doesn’t occur to anybody that it could mean anything else.

Professor Sarah Churchwell

Josianne Fri 12-Nov-21 09:15:35

I don’t think he, Harry, has any understanding of what the American Dream actually means.
I think all Harry's dreams are elusive, maybe that is just the way he is made.
Did anyone see the Thomas Markle interview? I've just watched it and he summed Harry up pretty well in terms of his behaviour.
The poor man did look as though he is ailing fast and just wants to get his version of the truth out there.

Elegran Fri 12-Nov-21 09:36:54

Perhaps "There is something odd about how the Meghan and Harry threads are reported and deleted so quickly to at the slightest thing." because GN are in danger of being sued if there are libellous posts? GN and MN are responsible in law for what is said on their sites.

Josianne Fri 12-Nov-21 09:52:51

Maybe Elegran but I hope I am not silenced just because I am trying to fathom people out, one of my hobbies! What is wrong with suggesting Meghan might be preparing herself for the top job and then discussing the attributes that accompany that role, or discussing how Harry lives in cloud cuckoo land, (which my youngest daughter does by the way). Nothing libellous I can see in these discussions unless someone wishes to differ?

maddyone Fri 12-Nov-21 10:30:39

If Gransnet are afraid of being sued they need to look very closely at some other threads where well known people are shredded. What has been written about the Duchess of Sussex is small fry to what I’ve read about some other well known people.

maddyone Fri 12-Nov-21 10:32:35

There have been several suggestions by other media outlets about Meghan’s supposed desire for the top job.

Bluebellwould Fri 12-Nov-21 11:19:07

If Meghan is going for the top job then she is going to have to learn to dress appropriately in my humble opinion. The red dress the other night was way too glamorous for the occasion and highly inappropriate. It was slit nearly to the waist and split up to her thigh. It was ill fitting as well with her back bulging over at the back and as for the fit around the nipples it puffed out around the darts given a most exaggerated effect. She certainly wouldn’t have worn that on a royal outing. If she is wanting to go into politics not a good look but perfect for a celebrity lifestyle.

Josianne Fri 12-Nov-21 11:29:32

I thought the dress was pretty hideous too Bluebellwould in comparison with the lovely red one she wore at same type of event in the UK. I guess we have to remember though that different things go in different countries and she obviously prefers the glitz of the USA.

Josianne Fri 12-Nov-21 11:33:11

Those cups with the nipple sucked into the fabric were weird.

maddyone Fri 12-Nov-21 11:35:10

I thought the dress looked ill fitting too, especially around the chest area.

Sparklefizz Fri 12-Nov-21 11:36:30

What exactly does Harry do?

Juggles grin

Sparklefizz Fri 12-Nov-21 11:39:28

If she wants to go into politics, she will have to mix with people she may not like and not hide away like she did when Trump visited the Queen.

She is much too touchy to go into politics. She can't stand a word of criticism. She lies a lot, though, so maybe that would help. smile