Gransnet forums

Chat

Royal Chat - All Welcome! ?

(1001 Posts)
FannyCornforth Tue 01-Jun-21 06:59:50

An Multi-Purpose Thread for All Things Royalty Based.

All are Welcome: Pro; Anti; Monarchist; Republican; a Strange Contradictory Mix; and Don't Knows.

All Topics are up for Discussion:
Both High Brow and Low -Constitutional; Gossip and Innuendo;
Family Members Old and New; Fashion to Infidelities.

You get the idea. ?

God Bless this Ship and All who Sail in Her! ?

eazybee Tue 06-Jul-21 09:40:35

Um, sorry if I am being obtuse, but didn't Harry travel from USA to the UK and back again, although we know not how?
(I know he had to self-isolate, but I daresay his family could do likewise should they visit in September.)

Alegrias1 Tue 06-Jul-21 09:29:20

Anniebach

May I point out the difference between an invite to enter private property and the legal right to enter private property.

Pointless telling me to be honest to God .

Its an expletive. Quite justified in this case I think.

What possible reason is there for telling us he needs to be invited into his uncle's estate?

And in case we struggling with figures of speech, that's rhetorical.

Lucca Tue 06-Jul-21 09:26:49

Ok. No legal right if you insist, but every right to wish to visit, and every likelihood of being invited to aforementioned properties that’s my point.

NotSpaghetti Tue 06-Jul-21 09:24:48

I understand the September event is the larger "party" that should have taken place at the unveiling of the statue.

Anniebach Tue 06-Jul-21 09:22:54

May I point out the difference between an invite to enter private property and the legal right to enter private property.

Pointless telling me to be honest to God .

Alegrias1 Tue 06-Jul-21 09:13:57

Anniebach

They have a right to come to the UK but no right to visit the statue or the grave, both are in private property.

You think the man's uncle will prevent him seeing his mother's grave? The uncle he shook hands with at the statue unveiling?

The statue is in Kensington Gardens. Do you think they'd let the public in but not Harry and his family?

Honest to God, get real.

Lucca Tue 06-Jul-21 09:10:43

Smileless2012

They have every right too because H is British Lucca the fact that Diana was his mother is irrelevant.

Oh sorry I thought someone said they were coming back for something to do with Diana, which is why I mentioned her.

Lucca Tue 06-Jul-21 09:09:35

Anniebach

They have a right to come to the UK but no right to visit the statue or the grave, both are in private property.

You can’t be serious

Anniebach Tue 06-Jul-21 09:07:31

Callistemon Mon 05-Jul-21 23:21:26

Well, if politicians and sports people can travel and get together why can't royalty?
Even if the rest of us can't travel to see family even when there is a bereavement.

We should have got used to the different rules for the plebs by now.

Smileless2012 Mon 05-Jul-21 23:15:27

They have every right too because H is British Lucca the fact that Diana was his mother is irrelevant.

Lucca Mon 05-Jul-21 22:33:58

Smileless2012

I hope they don't come back too maddyone.

Well you may hope that but my point is they have every right to. Diana having been Harrys mother ….

Whatdayisit Mon 05-Jul-21 22:33:04

Calender Girl thankyou for your thoughts on the programme i will watch asap.

Whatdayisit Mon 05-Jul-21 22:32:01

Sue Donim i heard that simon chap say Brits aren't welcome in the US yet

SueDonim Mon 05-Jul-21 20:31:46

eazybee

Here is a charitable thought: perhaps they are coming on a private visit to introduce their children to the family?

Are people allowed to travel between the UK & US now? I haven’t seen my son and his family for more than two years. sad

Smileless2012 Mon 05-Jul-21 20:16:29

I also agree that would be nice eazybee but as they don't appear to be able to keep anything private, I'm sorry to say I don't think that's very likely.

maddyone Mon 05-Jul-21 19:01:54

eazybee
That would be nice, I agree. I’m not convinced that they care too much about the children seeing or knowing their extended family though because they only see Meghan’s mother as far as we know, and Harry’s family are too far away to see them. If they do come, I really hope they bring the children to meet their family.

Anniebach Mon 05-Jul-21 18:48:45

We will here more from them before September , another
interview ?

He left 30 minutes after the statue unveiling, not long considering there were four family members he hasn’t seen
for ages.

eazybee Mon 05-Jul-21 18:43:54

Here is a charitable thought: perhaps they are coming on a private visit to introduce their children to the family?

Smileless2012 Mon 05-Jul-21 17:58:17

I hope they don't come back too maddyone.

maddyone Mon 05-Jul-21 17:51:29

Well Lucca you’re probably right, certainly about Harry. I expect he would want to bring his wife with him, but the situation with the rest of the family appears, note I said appears, because none of us truly know, but it appears to be quite cold. I feel, note I said feel, they may feel differently, but I feel that the rest of the family would not want to see her at all, but certainly will extend all normal curtesy to her. It was said after Prince Philip’s funeral that Harry was upset because some members of the family refused to speak to him. If that is the case, then he should have had a think about the possible repercussions of his ‘tell it all’ Oprah interview before he did it. He may well be reaping what he has sown.

Lucca Mon 05-Jul-21 16:46:43

At the risk of a (false ) accusation of being pro Meghan surely if it’s something to do with Diana they have every right to come and visit ??

maddyone Mon 05-Jul-21 16:21:00

There are rumours that Harry and Meghan are returning to the UK in September for something to do with Diana. I really hope they don’t come back, they should get on with selling themselves in America and leave the UK alone.

eazybee Mon 05-Jul-21 13:49:46

The review I read of the programme said that Meghan was the catalyst for the fall-out between the brothers, but whether this was her original intention is not clear. She certainly had no idea of how the Royal family worked, and neither, it seems, has Harry. It has certainly exposed a simmering resentment on his part which no one seemed aware of previously, and revealed unpleasant aspects of his character.
Now the statue has been unveiled, hopefully he will return to America and build a new life by his own efforts.

Polly12 Mon 05-Jul-21 13:21:34

Anniebach

Another question, it is claimed often that Charles was jealous of
Diana, I don’t believe this.

He made a joke about having two wives to walk down both sides of the road, this has always been taken as jealousy .

Who remembers JFK making a joke about his wife ? They were
visiting a country, the crowds were out , the papers crammed with photographs of Jackie, they were in Paris, he made a speech introducing himself as ‘ I am the man who accompanied Jacqueline Kennedy to Paris ‘

I expect JFK was jealous too

This discussion thread has reached a 1000 message limit, and so cannot accept new messages.
Start a new discussion