Gransnet forums

Chat

Wilfred Johnson

(92 Posts)
travelsafar Fri 11-Jun-21 14:55:14

Judging by the picture on BBC news webpage just now, Boris' son is carrying on the tradition of the hair. smile. Just wish we could have seen his little face.

Sparklefizz Sun 13-Jun-21 11:05:29

Deedaa

Just as well she loves him annsixty he'll be all she's got when Boris dumps her for the next one.

Deedaa Was that nasty comment really necessary?

Alegrias1 Sun 13-Jun-21 10:59:50

annsixty

I am not a fan of either of the Johnsons but Wilfred’s mother just shines with love and pride when she is looking at him.

100% agree annsixty

Deedaa Sun 13-Jun-21 10:58:30

Just as well she loves him annsixty he'll be all she's got when Boris dumps her for the next one.

annsixty Sun 13-Jun-21 10:51:56

I am not a fan of either of the Johnsons but Wilfred’s mother just shines with love and pride when she is looking at him.

Chestnut Sun 13-Jun-21 10:38:18

1-2 years is cuteness overload!! It is the best age ever. They are just starting to walk and talk which is so funny and lovely. They are seeing everything for the first time. Definitely my favourite age.

Ellianne Sun 13-Jun-21 10:36:57

Aw sweet picture.

Calendargirl Sun 13-Jun-21 10:32:18

Lyndylou

I must be old fashioned but my first thought was "You are meeting the wife of the President of the USA and you can't be bothered to put a pair of shorts on the baby?"

When Prince George met Barack Obama, he was wearing a ‘bath robe’ over his pyjamas, (i.e. dressing gown to us Brits).

Sparklefizz Sun 13-Jun-21 10:27:40

Such a cute pic.

Chestnut Sun 13-Jun-21 10:26:11

Here's the latest picture of Wilfred. They are definitely going for the tousled look, i.e. wash and towel dry, then leave it. No brushing allowed!

Barmeyoldbat Sat 12-Jun-21 14:08:38

My son was born with a thick head of curl hair, hs nickname was in school was curlywurly and now as an adult he has grow it into dreadlocks as its easier to manage.

Lucca Sat 12-Jun-21 13:20:20

Lyndylou

I must be old fashioned but my first thought was "You are meeting the wife of the President of the USA and you can't be bothered to put a pair of shorts on the baby?"

Goodness me. I am absolutely no fan of the Johnson family but that’s a bit harsh!

Callistemon Sat 12-Jun-21 13:04:58

FannyCornforth

Re Boris's hair
I'm convinced that he is quite bald up top. The cheeky boy tousling is just a cover for a comb forward.
He takes his hair from the sides and back to create a sort of hair roof over his bald top bit.

Oh no, not a comb over!

Callistemon Sat 12-Jun-21 13:03:55

Lyndylou

Perhaps he got them wet in the sea?

Talullah Sat 12-Jun-21 12:59:28

Lyndylou

What a strange thought. I'm almost sure Wilfred will have had shorts on some time during the day. They may well have been removed for a variety of reasons. Not sure if you're old fashioned though. Maybe not a fan of the Johnsons?

Lyndylou Sat 12-Jun-21 12:49:26

Lucca Sat 12-Jun-21 12:39:30

vegansrock

But we can see his little face can’t we?

???

eazybee Sat 12-Jun-21 12:37:00

I don't recall that we saw many photographs of the children of previous Prime Ministers but undoubtedly someone will find a photograph to prove me wrong. I can't pretend to be bothered one way or the other; it is the parents' decision and I think the Press honour it.

vegansrock Sat 12-Jun-21 12:28:42

But we can see his little face can’t we?

maddyone Sat 12-Jun-21 12:04:27

I prefer BJ with hair than without though, however untidy it is.

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Jun-21 11:17:17

Namsnanny

Well, it is to be expected in a man of his age.

Just to clarify (I seem to be doing a lot of this recently) I was not criticising not passing judgement
I mention it because up until recently it has been believed that Johnson's tousled hair was to add to his faux bumbling, upper class twit / nutty professor facade.
That the way he styles his hair was an affectation; rather than done for more pragmatic and practical reasons

Namsnanny Sat 12-Jun-21 11:07:59

Well, it is to be expected in a man of his age.

vampirequeen Sat 12-Jun-21 11:02:00

It seems that BJ is donating his hair to Wilfred for as the child grows more hair the father is losing his.

If he's not careful he will end up like the second photo grin

FannyCornforth Sat 12-Jun-21 10:59:54

Re Boris's hair
I'm convinced that he is quite bald up top. The cheeky boy tousling is just a cover for a comb forward.
He takes his hair from the sides and back to create a sort of hair roof over his bald top bit.

Namsnanny Sat 12-Jun-21 10:50:57

AGAA4

I am a sucker for babies (pardon the pun) and love to see them but I understand famous parents keeping them out of the public eye.

Me too AGAA
I've turned into one of those older ladies who used to stop me as a young mum to talk to my toddler!

Namsnanny Sat 12-Jun-21 10:48:24

Lovetopaint037

Oh! Dear. What a thought! Two of them to annoy me.

?? you made me laugh lovetopaint!!
Dont worry he wont be taking up much of the news when Boris is no longer pm.
Something for you to look forward too.