Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Evening Sunday

(6 Posts)
Megs36 Sun 13-Jun-21 18:24:25

Gd day. Rufus Weather still wonderful. Bit hot in fact. Not sure how many guests at a-wedding would be normal these days. They seem to be Events. My baby granddaughter whose wedding was postponed last year too was having a three day Event, now next year. Don’t think we’ll make it but ?.
Hope you have your vaccinations soon, seem to be getting through them here , now under 30s.
Cheers ????????

rafichagran Sun 13-Jun-21 16:20:56

Good Evening, just got back, I have taken my Grandson aged 8 out today, as his Mother and him are moving, she is trying to pack, and did not want him staying inside on such a nice day. She is moving nearer me, and I can collect him from School one day a week.
All good things come to an end and I am back to work tommorow. ?
I am glad that Christian Erickson is stable, and England won 1 -0.
Take care and sleep well Rufus

Jaxjacky Sun 13-Jun-21 14:06:52

Come on England! ???????
Right, off we go…oh Hi Rufus…..sorry, getting carried away, just about to kick off.
I share your fish bone concern, dissecting ones food when out for a meal is hard to do surreptitiously. I admire good table manners, they were drilled in my children and I’m pleased the GC’s behave well too.
Another hot day here, must be baking at Wembley. Christian Eriksen is conscious and chatting in hospital, he was probably very fortunate the referee called the medics quickly.
Anyway, must go.
Take care ??

Aveline Sun 13-Jun-21 13:52:06

Of course. Take it easy with that cod! I'm glad to hear about your hitherto unsuspected table manners!
I can't say I enjoyed the Japanese meal but I enjoyed the company which mattered more to me. I've just prepared the strawberries and got the cream ready as well as the sandwiches and macarons. Should be a nice family tea.
I had a great heart to heart with the wee boys on Friday. Refreshing to hear 8 and 10 year old's perspectives on life. We covered many large topics. If only they ran the world. It would be a fairer place.

Blossoming Sun 13-Jun-21 13:45:31

Good evening ?

Rufus2 Sun 13-Jun-21 13:38:26

Believe it or not, Victoria has had the toughest of lockdowns and yet the news today, if I heard her right, is that we are really dragging our feet when it comes to vaccinations!
OK! I know I can’t talk, but I’m still allowed to report the news.
rafichagran What’s this I hear about being exhausted and laying on the settee!/
Perhaps the heat is proving too much!!? shock

Megs You’re having more than your fair share of difficulties with wedding plans!
How many guests would attend under normal circumstances; remember what they used to be?
Perhaps Boris might come to the rescue having breathed in all that pure Cornish air.It does wonders for a man; after all it induced me to propose to Vera! (sheepish grin).
No photos of Finn yet! His Grandad said today that some were on their way to my PC, but they’ve not arrived yet.. He showed me some today on his iPhone; he looks to be a wee bonny chap with hair; unlike his Grandad! grin

jaxjacky Nasty situation with that Euros soccer player. Hope he recovers well
Steady on with your “endangered species talk!, You know what happens to the last one!? I don’t fancy ending up in a museum!

Aveline You don’t know me. I’m a slow eater, much to the annoyance of others at our dining table, because of my impeccable table manners!
I don’t talk with a full mouth, I chew my food, don’t gulp it, don’t wave my knife around pointing at other diners. In fact you could take me out to one of your posh restaurants and I wouldn’t let you down.
The reason I struggled with the Cod is that I have a fear of getting a fish bone stuck in my throat causing me to dissect them very carefully, resulting in the meal going cold half-way through Needless to say, I'm not fond of kippers!.
Enjoy your Sushi hmm

On that mouth-watering note I’ll say;
Good Health wine wine wine
OoRoo