Gransnet forums

Chat

Past it?

(77 Posts)
Dryginger Mon 14-Jun-21 11:42:17

I was just looking at Harrison Ford pictures of him making the new Indiana Jones film.
Do you think he should hang up his hat and whip he looks so dare I say old.

FannyCornforth Wed 16-Jun-21 10:12:08

?

Lucca Wed 16-Jun-21 09:52:25

That’s good to know so I’ll. be able to run away quick.!!

FannyCornforth Wed 16-Jun-21 08:51:53

Lucca Brilliant, yes it would be fabulous for us to meet up at Seahouses.

We could go on a boat trip to the Farne Islands!

We'll meet up first at The Ship.
You'll recognise me, as I'll be the one wearing a zip up fleece, with a picture on the back of a wolf howling at the moon.
I trust that you will be wearing yours too!
? ?

Hithere Wed 16-Jun-21 01:11:55

As he is....

Hithere Wed 16-Jun-21 01:09:24

I wish I will be as a accomplished, mentally fit and physically fit as he when I get to his age.

Lilypops Tue 15-Jun-21 23:07:52

Yorki. Not a very nice comment about President Biden was it. , who says he is senile , apart from you ,

mrswoo Tue 15-Jun-21 22:13:27

I was in Bamburgh the other day while he was filming -sadly didn’t see him though. Judging by the photos of him in the local press in and around Newcastle he most certainly is not too old for Indiana Jones - or anything else.

GrauntyHelen Tue 15-Jun-21 19:19:26

The DH and I are similar ages to Harrison and Callista no he's not past it !!wink

Kryptonite Tue 15-Jun-21 17:59:43

There are so many 'old people' films around now. Don't see any reason why Ford should not continue working. My husband is forbidden from commenting on anyone's agedness in my hearing. There's a series with Michael Douglas I've been watching (The Kominsky Method). Plenty of oldies in there. I think Kathleen Turner is due to make an appearance. Good for them. Diane Keaton still going strong too and many others. Some female actors have to wait out the middle ages before they get offered good old lady roles. I enjoy watching anything with Maggie Snith et al.

Lucca Tue 15-Jun-21 16:15:53

Another President Ford ? !

Mollygo Tue 15-Jun-21 16:12:51

Callistemon

Autocorrect corrected my deliberate mistake.
Harrison ford

It looked better when you put the capital F.

Callistemon Tue 15-Jun-21 16:05:07

Autocorrect corrected my deliberate mistake.
Harrison ford

Callistemon Tue 15-Jun-21 16:04:23

Yorki

Aldom.. I think Joe biddens a senile old twit. He's too forgetful to be a president. Whereas Harrison ford is still 'ok ' I think .

Harrison Ford (sic) for President, then!!

Callistemon Tue 15-Jun-21 16:03:35

Ladyleftfieldlover ?nice one!

Ladyleftfieldlover Tue 15-Jun-21 15:46:16

Yorki

Aldom.. I think Joe biddens a senile old twit. He's too forgetful to be a president. Whereas Harrison ford is still 'ok ' I think .

... and you’ve based that on? His name is ‘Biden’ not ‘biddens’. So who is senile?

Lucca Tue 15-Jun-21 15:26:53

That’s a nice well reasoned view of President Biden.

Yorki Tue 15-Jun-21 15:01:28

Bluecat Tue 15-Jun-21 14:20:52

Depends very much on the film. Obviously old actors shouldn't have to retire because of their age. There are stories to tell about old people too. On the other hand, if it's an action film that centres largely on the strength and agility of the hero, there's a strong possibility that it will just look silly.

The last Indiana Jones film, the crystal skulls one, was terrible.

lilydily9 Tue 15-Jun-21 13:57:14

I read he had trained really hard for this movie. I'm all for older actors continuing to entertain us but, that said, I doubt Angelina Jolie will be playing Lara Croft in another 'Tomb Raider' movie anytime soon!

hollysteers Tue 15-Jun-21 13:48:51

Actors are lucky as they can usually go on for quite a long time, unlike athletes and ballet dancers. I feel for them.
I do think Ian McKellan is pushing his luck a bit though as Hamlet.
Of course the wonderful Dame Judi has cloned herself. One person cannot be in as many films as she does…

TrendyNannie6 Tue 15-Jun-21 13:20:42

It always makes me laugh when people say someone is past it, past what exactly, and I bet he’s not ??

TrendyNannie6 Tue 15-Jun-21 13:18:42

Noooooo, what has age got to do with anything, good luck to him, he’s a great actor,

Granny23 Tue 15-Jun-21 13:18:30

My favourite Indy film is the one where Sean Connery played his father. Eye candy for both the younger people and for us with more mature tastes grin

Lucca Tue 15-Jun-21 13:08:17

FannyCornforth

Oldbat1

They have been filming locally in Bamburgh last week. He seems to have spent lots of the time out cycling around the coast so perhaps he hasn’t been “acting” much - his double has been seen at location. I’m sure it will be a fun film when completed.

Oh, I love Bamburgh* ?
I can't wait to get up to Northumberland

We could have a drink in the ship in seahouses if there at the same time !

cc Tue 15-Jun-21 13:06:01

GrannyGravy13

I wouldn’t push him out of my bedroom…

I'm sure you're not alone in that!