Gransnet forums

Chat

Good Morning Thursday

(78 Posts)
Michael12 Thu 17-Jun-21 06:12:33

Good Morning Everyone,
Its grey here in Brackley , this morning with some overnight rain and I never heard any thunderstorms locally.
To continue , thanks to Marydoll and Muse for there help in trying to fix my problem with MawBe who also copied and pasted for me as I was able to send her PM`s ,which worked .
But problem solved , back to normal .
Today , Usual bus trip to Bicester , have a coffee and snack and return home an hour later , some of the bus routes locally are still not offering a full timetable , I will then return and watch French and spanish national championships on TV that is Cycling as Tour De France starts next week .
Take Care,
Mick

Alygran Thu 17-Jun-21 08:06:02

Good morning from North Yorkshire. We have had a little bit of rain.
Marydoll I’m going away this weekend so if you’d like to come and house sit just let me know. Decorating all done here. You’ll just need to water the plants if it’s dry. ?
Happy anniversary dwm
Having coffee with a neighbour and then a charity group meet up in Richmond later.
Have a good day everyone. Stay safe.

Nannytopsy Thu 17-Jun-21 08:11:32

Good morning Mick and all his followers. We had a lot of rain overnight in Suffolk but didn’t hear any thunder.
Ely Cathedral was deliciously cool and shady yesterday - it felt like we had finally retired!
Village Cafe this morning ( a coffee group which meets in the village hall) and we shall get to see the new curtains. That’s what passes for excitement round here!
Then it’s the bright lights of Thetford for our click and collect and a diabetic eye test for DH.
Despite Ash’s disappointment, it feels positive in here today. ? that the day is kind to everyone. At least the gardens won’t need water!

Nannytopsy Thu 17-Jun-21 08:12:10

Forgot the photo!

Pittcity Thu 17-Jun-21 08:21:25

Good morning from rainy Colchester. There were a few rumbles of thunder last night. It feels cooler but still muggy here.
The patio guy hasn't turned up yet, but he was working until nearly 6pm in the heat yesterday. The job of getting the old paving up was harder than he thought.
DH is out today and I will change the beds and get the laundry and ironing up to date. The tumble dryer will earn it's keep today.
Lots of love to all x

Grandmabatty Thu 17-Jun-21 08:22:24

Good morning all from Polmont where it's bright skies. There doesn't seem to be a wind either so a nice day ahead. Happy anniversary Dwm. Enjoy your celebration tomorrow. I'm glad you are feeling better Marydoll.
It was so nice to go back to art class yesterday. Fewer people there but we worked and blethered with masks on. I've posted a peony rose that I'm working on.
Today will be quiet and I'm looking forward to it. Just some pottering. I might nip to the garden centre down the road from me later. Other than that, I have nothing planned. Whatever you are up to, I hope you have a good day.

Marydoll Thu 17-Jun-21 08:22:55

Thank you for the kind offers of accomodation sanctuary. grin

I would be a good house guest, housework done, washing done (sorry no ironing, DH does that), plants watered, cake in the tins and anything else required! wink

Well DH has just floored me by agreeing (without any negativity) to one of my suggestions, made after watching one of those home shows last night. ? Life is looking better already!

Greyduster Thu 17-Jun-21 08:23:11

Good morning, Michael and all GNs from a cool damp South Yorkshire. Good to see a drop of rain overnight to freshen things up. We have a short visit to DDs this morning, drop in at the bank, and then start the hunt for a stair carpet. No rush with that though.
Happy Anniversay to Dwm??. Have a safe and happy day, folks.

Marydoll Thu 17-Jun-21 08:23:38

Grandmabatty, beautiful, you are very talented!

Sar53 Thu 17-Jun-21 08:25:48

Good morning from a wet Essex by the sea. We have had a lot of rain and there was thunder during the night but it is still warm and muggy.
We are going out for breakfast shortly and then to do the weekly shop.
I had a bit of a down day yesterday after spending a week with DD1. DH was out all day and I didn't speak to a soul.
I will pull myself together and smile.
Enjoy Thursday everyone xx

Anniebach Thu 17-Jun-21 08:35:41

Good morning Auntyflo and all x

Elizabeth1 Thu 17-Jun-21 08:37:23

Good morning all from a beautiful sunny start to the day here on the east coast of Fife. Yesterday was such an enjoyable day except for the funeral we went to in the morning . Afterwards my dh and I decided to sneak off and have lunch away from the madding crowd. I didn’t really know the poor deceased lady too well and I’m sure we wouldn’t be greatly missed at the after event. marydoll you sound as if you have a similar start to the day with health issues as himself. His asthma cough starts up the minute he takes his inhaler. His breathing seems greatly laboured too.
My sympathies are with you Marydoll it can’t be easy trying to draw in air as much as you and himself need to have a good day as best you can.

GrannySomerset Thu 17-Jun-21 08:39:58

Yesterday proved busy with two men to measure up for the stair lift and then a visit from a physio and an OT, very competent and professional young women who have. a number of suggestions which may make life easier. Great to feel that there is help out there.

Visit from DH’s hairdresser this morning, the inevitable pile of ironing and domestic admin, but nothing else today. Can’t have all my excitement at once.

Enjoyed MD’s novella and sympathise with her but at least the job is getting done. Also sympathise over the postponed production though I like the thought of a GN mass booking eventually. Hope we all have a good day.

Jaxjacky Thu 17-Jun-21 08:44:08

Happy Anniversary Dwm ??
Thanks Gingster, fortunately no hay fever!!

Grandmabatty Thu 17-Jun-21 08:45:54

*Thank you Marydoll. I dropped art at school in second year to do languages, although I really enjoyed it and was in the Kelvin grove art competition. Do you remember those? I only started again three years ago and I can see the improvement. My art tutor is so supportive of everyone, regardless of their level of skill.

Grandmajean Thu 17-Jun-21 08:50:41

I never manage to read posts before I post ( if you know what I mean ) but saw Marydoll's novella .*Marydoll*I can offer you more than one spare room ! Unfortunately, you might have to share the biggest one with DH when he snores , the middle size one with a large number of soft toys or the smallest ( small but perfectly formed ) which is definitely the best option , but comes with a very small bed and a "Little Mermaid" sleeping bag complete with tail . Glad to see you feeling brighter.
What a shame about your production ,Ash but you will do it in the end.
Happy anniversary DWM
Will read page two later !
Have a good day.

Marydoll Thu 17-Jun-21 08:56:16

Grandmabatty, I once had a painting displayed in Paisley Museum. It was of Glasgow Central Station and the old destination board. I was about twelve years old! Does that make me an artist? wink
I have always wanted to learn to paint in water colours, but life got in the way.

hollysteers Thu 17-Jun-21 08:56:58

Good morning Mick and all from an overcast Windsor where I am staying with my daughter. Off soon to the Royal Farm shop, lots of goodies to buy and then coffee. Indifferent meal at Leaf in the town last night although it all looked lovely. All busy here ‘cos of Ascot.
My daughter walked me all the way round Virginia Water, beautiful but the knee not keen!
Glad you are sorted Mick and thoughts to everyone.

Grandmafrench Thu 17-Jun-21 09:01:31

Good Morning everyone.

Great to hear that some things are finally happening for you, GrannyS. You are clearly someone who just soldiers on whatever the burden. Now, maybe, you will see that even though sometimes you have to jump up and down for it, there is help out there for you. Just imagine what we would all do for you, if we could. smile Hope you have a good day.

I cope with the heat by not coping with it Gelisa. Once the temperature hits 30, that's me indoors, cool, calm and ignoring all outside work - because of course that's possible here. Summer goes on forever so there's no danger of thinking 'catch it while you can'. Outside, I walk in the shade, sit in the shade, sit in the pool and always wear 'wafty' clothing and a hat. (Removing it for the pool!) Not too much humidity here normally, so that damp, oppressive feeling doesn't trigger desperate headaches or no energy.

Today, I am full of the joys of something or other because I'm having lunch OUT, cooked by someone else, in a fabulous Restaurant where the jolly waiters wear their long black aprons and appear with a delicious cold bottle of something and little eats (amuses bouches) almost before one sits down. First time meal out since March 2020. This must be an almost historic occasion.

Have a super Anniversary, dwmx - maybe find a moment to stop, sit still and celebrate it? ? There's always that sad, post visit feeling when returning from a good trip to see loved ones, Sar. You must start planning the next get together - don't forget you're retired now, so you can do what you want!!

Shame about all the theatre cancellations, Ash. For theatres everywhere it looks like trying to push water uphill at the moment, doesn't it. Maybe seize the time now to spend it with your DH and have a good holiday?

Remember to pace yourself, Mick - or you're going to be all toured out by the time the Tour de France gets started. smile

Have a good, optimistic day everyone - doing at least one thing you want to do and letting smiles commence.....

Keep safe, though. Hugs from France ?☕️?‍♀️?

BlueSapphire Thu 17-Jun-21 09:08:22

Good morning everyone from a grey and damp Northampton. It is definitely cooler this morning as I have just popped out with the waste food bin (in my nightie, so I hope no-one was looking!). We have had some rain, and more is forecast later on.

Spent a peaceful afternoon in the garden yesterday reading, and supervising the cats while they got some fresh air. Thank goodness they are not very adventurous outside and are content to find some grass to nibble at and find some shade to lie in. They have not realised they could easily scale the fence and escape! For those wondering, they are pedigree house cats, not allowed to roam free.

Looking forward to a health walk this evening if it's dry, followed by dinner at the pub. Sainsbury's are delivering at lunchtime, and have just emailed to say they have everything but the rubber gloves on my order, but I think I can live without those!

Wishing all a pleasant day.

Grandmabatty Thu 17-Jun-21 09:08:34

Of course you are an artist! Marydoll

Stilllearning Thu 17-Jun-21 09:14:17

Morning all from a sunny S Lanarkshire, such a nice start to the day.

Huge disappointment Ashcombe, especially when it had begun to feel as if it would happen.

Lovely painting Grandmabatty, it must feel very rewarding to produce something so lovely.

Blossoming, I hope tomorrow goes well, I will be thinking about you.

No particular plans for me today, just to enjoy the sunshine and do a bit of walking, I’ve been a bit of a slacker recently and must get going again. I hope everyone has a good day, especially you Dwm, happy anniversary.

brook2704 Thu 17-Jun-21 09:14:58

Happy Anniversary dwm I hope you both enjoy your special day ???
Have a fantastic lunch out Grandmafrench, it sounds just so very lovely and looking forward to hearing about it later!

LauraNorder Thu 17-Jun-21 09:30:33

Good morning Mick, good to see that you are back and all is well. Good morning all from sunny Anglesey, feels lovely and fresh after yesterday’s rain.
We’ve been gardening dawn til dusk up to yesterday and the garden is looking almost as it did pre builders. Yesterday caught up with housework and filling the freezer with lasagne, curries and pasta bakes so no cooking for either of us. Time to sit back and smell the roses.
Your rose is lovely Granmabatty, very talented.
Looking forward to seeing you on the GB Sewing Bee Scentia go for it.
Have a good day all ?

Beechnut Thu 17-Jun-21 09:30:43

Happy Anniversary to the Dwms enjoy your celebrations ??

Blossoming Thu 17-Jun-21 09:31:36

Good morning all from sunny Lancashire. I had a disturbed night as my bowel decided to start the prep all on its own. Hospital appointments tend to have that effect on me! Nothing on the agenda today other than a visit to the hospital to collect the revolting moviprep. A perfect drying day, but nothing needing drying for a change, unlike poor Marydoll drying all that soggy golf gear. Perhaps you could peg Mr. M to the rotary dryer to keep him out of mischief? Have a lovely break Scentia, I love Whitby and am quite proud of climbing all the steps to the abbey last time we were there. I hope your brother improves soon kitty.

Have the best day you can everybody ?