Chat

Good Morning Chewsday.

(22 Posts)
Rufus2 Tue 27-Jul-21 07:58:09

youtu.be/V3W71KwsXrc

Aveline Just for you on your Hip-Hop Day! grin
Have a Good Day!

Aveline Tue 27-Jul-21 09:24:38

Thanks Rufus2. Just what I need to cheer me up. I'm sitting here all packed and ready to go. Feeling pretty apprehensive although I know it's a nice hospital and a good surgeon. It's just a bit of a thought.
T minus 40 minutes...

Megs36 Tue 27-Jul-21 09:28:29

Aveline Good luck.

Alizarin Tue 27-Jul-21 09:31:34

Aveline I've had both hips done recently. It's a brilliant op. Sorry Rufus for nosing in, I usually just read your thread but just wanted to reassure.

Jaxjacky Tue 27-Jul-21 10:07:28

Aveline ?? x

Aveline Tue 27-Jul-21 10:24:44

Thanks all. Thanks for the reassurance Alizarin. Am in hospital. Various tests etc going on. Am being brave. (Probably)

aggie Tue 27-Jul-21 10:24:49

The only regret I have about my hip operation , is why did I not agree to it years sooner ! It’s a great job !

seacliff Tue 27-Jul-21 10:32:26

Good luck Aveline, soon be over. I need it too but putting it off as am a wuss.

muse Tue 27-Jul-21 10:57:25

Aveline The difference a hip replacement makes turns your life around. It did mine 5 years ago. You are a brave lady. Looking forward to hearing how you are doing with the exercises.

Hi Rufus.

Aveline Tue 27-Jul-21 17:15:46

... and back in the room. New hip in situ. Now for a nice cup of tea!

Callistemon Tue 27-Jul-21 17:19:04

Oh goodness!
In the time it took to read this thread it's done!
Hope all goes well and you have a good recovery, Aveline

Aveline Tue 27-Jul-21 17:31:12

Thanks. Just wish my cup of tea would arrive!

Jaxjacky Tue 27-Jul-21 17:35:43

Good stuff Aveline onwards! ?

Grannmarie Tue 27-Jul-21 17:38:48

G'day, Rufus, I hope you are safe and well. I'm enjoying reading The Oldie, thank you for your recommendation.

I'm just popping in to wish Aveline a speedy recovery to full mobility!

I'm having a wee break in Dumfries with my sisters, haven't seen much of Gnet this week, but I'm glad I spotted Aveline's good news.

We are awaiting thunderstorms, the hot weather is forecast to break today....oh well, it was great while it lasted. The grandchildren have been able to enjoy their school holidays outdoors for a change!

V3ra Tue 27-Jul-21 17:47:17

Best wishes for a good recovery Aveline.
My mother-in-law had her hip replacement at the age of 90, three years ago, worked hard at her physio and flew to Lanzarote with us eight weeks later ?
Enjoy your cup of tea!

Callistemon Tue 27-Jul-21 19:36:13

Rufus
Just watching Michael Portillo travelling on The Ghan.
It was on our bucket list but I wonder if we'll ever achieve it?

Rufus2 Wed 28-Jul-21 14:54:47

It was on our bucket list
Callistemon Sorry to put a hole in your bucket, but we moved "The Ghan" down to the bottom of our list several years ago along with the "Indian Pacific"; similar, but different direction!.
Michael P'.s trip had been preceded on TV where both journeys had been shown, each taking up a whole day, no commentary other than occasional messages showing historical facts.
Of course, if you're happy to sit for 3whole days (and nights) looking at scenery consisting almost entirely of flat scrub, then go ahead;
It's not cheap either! sad
I'd prefer the Swiss Alps or Canadian Rockies any day of the week! grin
OoRoo

Callistemon Wed 28-Jul-21 14:59:29

^Of course, if you're happy to sit for 3whole days (and nights) looking at scenery consisting almost entirely of flat scrub, then go ahead^;

Yes, I love it!

As for the Swiss Alps, I get nervous if DH drives on a narrow road with a steep drop on the passenger side in Wales ?

Callistemon Wed 28-Jul-21 15:00:39

Michael P'.s trip had been preceded on TV where both journeys had been shown, each taking up a whole day, no commentary other than occasional messages showing historical facts.

Yes, we watched that, so soothing during lockdown

Aveline Sat 31-Jul-21 09:34:58

Hi Rufus2 I was looking out for one of your 'Fries Day' posts so I could say I was home but not exactly hip hopping about. All in all not a great experience but at least it's over.
I hope you're OK. Covid seemed to be moving up a gear in Australia. I wish you could all have jabs asap.
Meanwhile back to the TV!

Jaxjacky Sat 31-Jul-21 10:14:07

Pleased you’re home Aveline , but sorry it sounds not the best experience ?.

lemsip Wed 11-Aug-21 07:43:36

How are you rufus